Skip to content

BG:EE Back on sale!

Comments

• SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2013
    Well done for sticking it out devs, a month and a half of lost time is not too bad in the scheme of things... I imagine it could of been much worse.

This news has made my day!!!
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    The webpage still needs to be updated to reflect this fact (the Baldur'sGate.com one)
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @reedmilfam Try refreshing.
    ermo
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    What wonderful news!

(Now I just hope that I have the self-discipline to finish my current BG2 game without being tempted back to BGEE+patch...)
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Congratulations, the good guys have won as predicted.
    lunarStarflower2525DragonspearJuliusBorisov
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    E-sandwiches for everbody!
    BelgarathMTH
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    Darn it. I was about to start a new game. Now I'm going to need to wait until the patch comes out!
    PadentonBelgarathMTH
  • rathlordrathlord Member Posts: 171
    edited August 2013
    Awww... Hellllll... Yesssss.
    Jairyanna
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    elminsterXiviriel
  • calistancalistan Member Posts: 27
    Hey! I hate to sound impatient and unappreciative, but where is the patch? I can also say that I am getting an NVidia Shield in September, and I will be buying Baldur's Gate EE (my favorite game) for android. I was afraid these legal problems were going to take a year. I take this as a good omen. I was curious how much programming you were doing while BGEE was in limbo? Can't wait for BG2EE to come out either. Please help an afflicted gamer...
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    Good news!!! come to me like the dawn through the night,oh yes!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    calistan said:

Hey! I hate to sound impatient and unappreciative, but where is the patch? I can also say that I am getting an NVidia Shield in September, and I will be buying Baldur's Gate EE (my favorite game) for android. I was afraid these legal problems were going to take a year. I take this as a good omen. I was curious how much programming you were doing while BGEE was in limbo? Can't wait for BG2EE to come out either. Please help an afflicted gamer...

As Phil said earlier, we'll have an announcement up soon that has some more information about the patch.
    SchopenhauerDragonspearWonderboy2402TheGrapeTyphlosion
  • CleaveCleave Member Posts: 32
    Good news, really. I was really enjoying my first ever campaign of BG1, and I was hoping new features would come before I finish the game, but kinda got bummed by all that legal stuff resulting from Atari's fall.

I must say though, what pissed me off the most was the timing of it; Trent made a post saying that they'll be more transparent with their work and communicate better with the community or something like that on the forum this late May, which i was really looking forward to, and then bam, nothing can be said for months, no updates, no work, no talks... I'm not blaming anyone, only the timing of it! :D I know he/they was sincere.

I must also say that the issue was resolved faster than I anticipated. Kudos to whoever involved with that.

I wish you guys at Overhaul a good recovery from this ordeal, and I really hope that this event doesn't affect your morale, the success of your company nor your dedication to BG.
    TheGrapeTyphlosion
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I was scared if this lasted a bit longer, bg would have lost popularity and fans other than some hardcore ones. So glad things are getting back to normal. Hopefully, the new patch will charm even more fans ^^ If it can come out within a month that would be great.
    DexterJuliusBorisov
  • aquilaeaquilae Member Posts: 10
    Grats guys.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Faith: Never lost it. :)

In case this hasn't been said a million and a half times already.

HUGE congratulations to your team and to everyone at BeamDog and OverHaul. As happy as we, your players, all are with this, I cannot imagine how ecstatic you all are to have the blood sweat and tears you've poured into this back in your hands.

Your fans (and fanboi's as, no doubt, several of us have been called over the last several weeks) stand behind you. :)
    [Deleted User]
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Congratulations guys!!
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Thank Helm! It would have been a tragedy to see this amazing project and community die out, long live BG:EE!
    BelgarathMTH
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    Flashburn said:

Hamsters and rangers everywhere - rejoice!

Heh. :D Yes, in an alternate universe, Minsc could be Heavy. :D:D

• SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    hurray!!!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Awesome news. Congrats on getting a resolution guys.

Can I suggest a general email to the forum-base informing them of this momentous news. I understand that you can't give specifics but surely you can let everyone know that it's back on without violating any legal gubbins?
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
  • winsonsonhowinsonsonho Member Posts: 18
    Awesome! :D So is BG3 coming this month or next month?
    wojtekFredjo
  • SelendisSelendis Member Posts: 168

Oh happy day!
    elminster
  • DarkShrikeDarkShrike Member Posts: 17
    Congratulations and thank you for the best email I will probably read today!