Skip to content

Worst thing you've done to an NPC

Comments

• Morte50Morte50 Member Posts: 161
    Recently, I stripped Garrick of his gear, equipped him with the Discipliner ring (cursed ring of feeblemind, INT/WIS set to 3), and left him in the middle of Cloakwood Forest. I'm sure he made it out alive... somehow.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Not the worst thing, but possibly the funniest and purely accidental too...

So we've cleared out the slaver ship and I've got Ano wandering around looting bodies ('cos he can carry the most) when *BANG* or more accurately *SPLAT* slimed by an unsprung trap! I nearly died laughing. (Damn I wish I'd thought to screengrab it). (Still chuckling now).
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I romanced Viconia. And I'm a really sucky boyfriend.
    BaldursCat[Deleted User]booinyoureyesElrandir
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I often help the druids kill aldeth sashenstar and then turn around and kill all the druids. They only give 2000 experience for doing this and I think you can get 4000 for just killing Seniyad.
    Montresor_SPSCARY_WIZARDElrandir
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    edited August 2013
    Something I did was after getting the Friendly Arm Inn from Nalia, I used a flesh to stone scroll on her out in the courtyard, a bit of a war trophy methinks....

Edit: De'Arnise Keep, not Friendly Arm
    Post edited by sepotter on
    Montresor_SPGodSchneidendForse
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    sepotter said:

Something I did was after getting the Friendly Arm Inn from Nalia, I used a flesh to stone scroll on her out in the courtyard, a bit of a war trophy methinks....

I assume you mean the D'arnise Keep. :)
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    elminster said:

sepotter said:

I assume you mean the D'arnise Keep. :)
    Ouch, Aparently I've been playing too much BGEE lately, yes I did indeed mean the D'arnise keep...
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I may not have done this, but one could refuse to cast restoration on Rilsa after she had been turned into a skin dancer and send her away to let the evil magic corrupt her body. Is that bad enough?
    Forse
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Permidion_StarkSCARY_WIZARD
  • PGoeranPGoeran Member Posts: 11
    I, ah.. I killed Petrine's cat.
    SCARY_WIZARDWolk
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    edited September 2013
    I once loaded up Ajantis with the cursed leather armor, spear, sword, rings, defective potions, cursed scrolls, then had him use a Cursed Scroll of Petrification outside my house, standing guard forever more as a statue.
    BaldursCatSCARY_WIZARDFredjo
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    sepotter said:

Edit: De'Arnise Keep, not Friendly Arm

Hm, you could do that with other NPCs too. Especially those you don't want to use.

I have to remember this.
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    I found farmer Brun's lost son in the ankheg nest but chose not to give him 100 gold to get by.

That broke my heart. :'(
    NybCR
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I used a piece of Imoen's soul to revive Sarevok, then left her in the hellish pocket plane to make room for Sarevok. For all I know she is still there, while I enjoy sitting on daddy's throne.
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    edited October 2013
    Always when I didn´t have Minsc or Jaheire in BG1 I leave them in their cells and pretend that they just don´t exist.
    Fredjo
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    My first evil playthrough, when I picked up Shar-Teel, she challenged my 'best' fighter but fought someone other than my pc. Pretty soon I think she was carrying a broken weapon, so I gave her a sling and 'accidentally' the belt of gender flips. Then walked her into a basilisk. Now she's a statue of a pathetic male who fights with a sling.
    Fredjo
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited October 2013
    In an act of kindness, I killed Brun to reunite him with his son. Then I helped myself to the 7gp he kept in his house, since he wasn't going to need it anyway.
    elminsterMortianna
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    I killed Korax the ghoul. Sniff.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @dib said:

When I was just a baby, my foster father told me: Son, always be a good boy, don't ever play with bows. But I shot a man in Beregost just to watch him die.

I see what you did there. Like Johnny cash but with bows, right?

I murdered jahiera and kept Khalid O_o

I laughed as Edwin slowly sucked the life out of a dynahair who had forgotten all her spells.

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    back in the days of vanilla, when I used to kill drizzt I would sacrifice a party member to lure drizzt to the edge of the lake so I could hail arrows and bullets at him, so usually xzar got that honor, and even on insane difficulty drizzt never chunked him, and he xzar was always level 1, drizzt would do 3 then like 7 damage and xzar would just die so gracefully, and then I learned about wands of monster summoning...... :)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Mmm Southern fried chicken!

I ate poor Melicamp!

elminster