YES!!! finally! are those minsc and neera? they look great :D
  • Starflower2525Starflower2525 Member Posts: 44
    Awesome!
  • riyahhassettriyahhassett Member Posts: 59
    The graphics looks awesome!
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited August 2013
    @shawne

Hmmm, u're probably right... Maybe an evil rogue-ish character? Another romance option?

I thought the girls (or gay men) needed a new romance option more to be honest.

But I'm just happy Neera is back. I felt awfully bad about leaving her behind in my only BG EE run so far cos I was sticking to canon party only. I look forward to partying with a wild mage in my second run, and taking her all the way to the end with BG 2 EE :D
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    That's way sooner than I thought!! Awesome!
    JuliusBorisov
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    RANGERS AND HAMSTERS EVERYWHERE, REJOICE!
    BelgarathMTHAristilliusCalmarStarflower2525
    shawne said:

EDIT: And according to the trailer, her name is either Caravella or Hexxat.

I don't think it's Caravella. Cos her portrait isn't in the party in the picture that mentions that name. I think that's the Charname, but I'm not sure.
    "A mysterious thief in service to mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe."

Shudda spotted this sooner. So she is definitely a thief. Probably evil or at least neutral to give evil parties a proper thief option.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    the picture at http://www.baldursgateii.com/

@KidCarnival - why are you attacking our NPCs?
    Anduinjackjack
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited August 2013

"A mysterious thief in service to mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe."

Shudda spotted this sooner. So she is definitely a thief. Probably evil or at least neutral to give evil parties a proper thief option.

The devs have been dropping hints for a while now - no confirmation that she's evil, but she was definitely intended to serve as the party thief for an evil PC.

Interestingly, her description seems to imply that she actually is a thief, as opposed to assassin or shadowdancer (which was the popular pick) - this is a very good thing, because it means she'll be useful in the early stages of Athkatla when you really need someone to handle traps and locks.

shawne said:

EDIT: And according to the trailer, her name is either Caravella or Hexxat.

I don't think it's Caravella. Cos her portrait isn't in the party in the picture that mentions that name. I think that's the Charname, but I'm not sure.
    Yes, upon closer observation it definitely seems to be Hexxat.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Southpaw said:

the picture at http://www.baldursgateii.com/

@KidCarnival - why are you attacking our NPCs?

@Southpaw: The̢y̨ do̷n̕'҉t͏ dese͢r̸v̀e ͟t͏he pow̵èrs̶ t͟h͡e͠y̴ ̛hav͟ę.̵ It̢'s̛ ͜n͞atur̷al͡ s͏elècti͠oń.

SouthpawAnduin
    Or maybe the devs were devious enough to make sure her name will not appear in any screenshot presented pre-release. To keep a small shroud of secrecy and the fans waiting.
    Caravella and Hexxat are spotted on more occasions (video+screenshots).
    That would be too easy.
    The devs are better than that.
    I believe, that it will be neither Hexxat, nor Caravella. Those were the PC names of the testers.
    Remember...there was nothing about Baeloth being in the game...until the gamers found him.
    I believe (and hope) that Phillip and team keep their biggest surprises in the bag...waiting...
    KidCarnivalDexter
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2013
    Edit: Just ignore this comment :D
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Southpaw: Caravella is the name of the character at the top of the roster - bearded dwarf (you can tell because towards the end of the trailer he gets a Color Spray to the face).

We already know the new NPC is both a thief and a female; in the trailer scene with the forest, the player is pretty clearly clicking on a hooded thief with a bow whose name is Hexxat.

Granted, they could just as easily change her name if it's not the "final" version... but hey, we've got to call her something, don't we? :)
    Mortianna
    You are right man.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited August 2013
    Pre-Ordered

p.s opened the pre-ordering while there is a speech of Obama.. you guys just obsessed with him!
  • Durlag_ThunderaxeDurlag_Thunderaxe Member Posts: 71
    NO NEW DWARF!!! NOOOO!!!

But YEEEAAS! BG 2 EE is comin soon!

I am so conflicted right now.
    ElendarDrugar
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831

NO NEW DWARF!!! NOOOO!!!

Yeah... thats a shame. Should be enough dwarf NPCs that one can run an all dwarf party!
  • Durlag_ThunderaxeDurlag_Thunderaxe Member Posts: 71
    Elendar said:

NO NEW DWARF!!! NOOOO!!!

Yeah... thats a shame. Should be enough dwarf NPCs that one can run an all dwarf party!
    Well... Them halflin's are okay and humans ain't too bad, it's just elves I cannae stand.

But seriously there should at least be a Good or Neutral Dwarf in BG 2 EE. I hope they add more NPCs in DLCs.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminster[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    omg yes i thought i would have to play vanilla this playthrough but i could wait until november! :) btw, it seems like you guys were working on it during the legal mess to get it out this quick. i remember before the mess it having an estimated release date around there
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    [Deleted User]KidCarnivalJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Shandyr said:

@elminster

When a skunk makes "pfffft" you ought to be worried...
    Isn't that hissing and foot stomping? :p
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
    Im very happy with the news and all. But I wish they'd fix the 'homepage link' on the logos at the top of the page.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited August 2013
    Wut? Well, I was *not* expecting this! I thought the fact that the patch for BG:EE isn't even going into open beta until September, meant that we had a year or more to wait for BG2:EE.

I'm overjoyed. I think my plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas just changed. ;)

Is there any chance that the BG:EE patch might be in final version by October, so that I could start a new BG:EE character and have him through BG:EE by November?