Favorite Faerûnian deity?

Comments

• davendaven Member Posts: 112
    HELM SEES ALL!
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    selune
    oghma
    bane (and/or shar)

i sort them through aligment and i was surprised to see bane was so...acceptable.

i was reading through some stories of faerun gods. we do not know for sure, but imagine we had such a myriad of pricks for deities!
    not to say we wouldn't last for ten years the way we tend to resolve religious differences.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    One day I will rule with a black, iron fist. Bane's my guy.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,749
    Shar.

Mistress of the Night and The Darkness.

Secrets and Shadows.

Assasins and shadowdancers.

I simply can't resist.

P.S. There's a good test: Which Forgotten Realms Deity are you?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    While he isn't a deity anymore (not a higher power at least) i like Jergal, he appears to take things without much contempt.
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    Helm>Red Knight>>>>>>All others
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    edited September 2013
    @bengoshi i took a test and it claims i'm sune O.o
    so, obviously the test was a lying skank so i had to change my answers to get -> bane.

seems like a fair deal :P
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    bengoshi said:

According to that test I'm Talos, with Malar on second place. Seems legit enough I guess.
    Still... the lack of a possible Ghaunadaur deity choice there disturbs me.
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    Bane or Mystra. In the books, their characters stood out the most. I'm mainly leaning towards Mystra though.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    What should an inquisitor worship?
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Tempus Give us Victory
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396

Tempus Give us Victory

I just finished playing with a CN Duel class Berserker/Cleric
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Mystra - ouch she is dead
    Eilistraee - bang, she is dead too
    Hmm, i don't know what happens if i pick Selune next time?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Valkor's strapping buttock. Duh.

And maybe the shield and the sword and all that crap.

Mostly the strapping buttock.

:)
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited September 2013
    When I first played NWN2 my favourite deity was the Red Knight =) Played as a Paladin\cleric.
    But since I just love playing thieves in RPGs I think it would be MASK - God of thieves.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Mystra
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 419
    While Selune and Mystra are my "goto" dieties for the Forgotten Realms I am also a fan of Lurue :) What can I say? Talking ponies are awesome!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317

bengoshi said:

According to that test I'm Talos, with Malar on second place. Seems legit enough I guess.
    Still... the lack of a possible Ghaunadaur deity choice there disturbs me.
    In my case I'm 100% Mystra, 55% Milil, 45% Oghma :D
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited September 2013
    It's possibly coloured by the fact my favourite videogame PC is a Helmite but Helm is absolutely my favourite deity. I rather like his misunderstood status . Also I think a paladin of Helm would be more fun to play in a PnP game than say a paladin of Torm as you could argue that a Helmite should legitimately know and occassinally employ - for the purposes of revealing a deception - some of the tricks and tactics from the rogue class because Helmites should avoid falling prey to such things. His portfolio is open to lots of interpretation but I reckon it gives lots of leeway to create quite a streetsmart character.

My bard venerates Oghma, Sune, Sharess, Lliira & Milil.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Kelemvor all the way, for being the only god with the courage to stand up to all the others over the massive injustice that is the FR afterlife. Yeah, he had to back down, but that's because the other gods, even the so called "good" gods, banded together to perpetuate a system made to guarantee their power at the cost of mortal suffering on an unimaginable scale. And they say Kelemvor is Lawful *Neutral*. Right. *eyeroll*

I also like Auril, Bane, and Beshaba. At least they aren't trying to convince anyone they're not evil.
    bengoshi said:

Shar.

Mistress of the Night and The Darkness.

Secrets and Shadows.

Assasins and shadowdancers.

I simply can't resist.

Got 100% shar there! And following, i got Kelemvor (87%) and Ilmater (54%), the problem is that i don't like both TT!
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited September 2013
    Corellon Larethian, the elven diety of my first ever AD&D character Eriodal when I was a young boy aged 15 or so introduced to AD&D in 1986 or thereabouts.

*edit: why oh why doesn't use this forum the same [url=...]text[/url] coding as everywhere else? Each time I mistakingly do it wrong and have to look it up: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/161/how-to-format-your-posts/p1
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Auppenser, God of Psionics.
  • bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
    Silvanus!
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    edited September 2013
    The Mushroom Father, Psilofyr. Although I may have fallen out of his favor because of violence, I hope to one day return to his good graces and my colony
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Gruumsh Oneeye
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Cyric/Talos. Live and breathe chaos.

Gruumsh Oneeye

Cyric/Talos. Live and breathe chaos.

Just feel the need to tell, Grummsh and Talos are the same deity. Talos is an face of Grummish in fact, as Grummish (much to my sadness) is the original face of this deity.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited September 2013
    The sole pantheon change in the 4th edition I lukewarm welcomed was that Asmodeus is finally a full fledged deity again.

[Rant]
    I still hate that the 4th edition destroyed everything which the great Planescape campaign setting stood for with a passion: Ending the eternal Bood War, which was never supposed to end? Relocating both the whole Abyss and Limbo underneath some fancypants Elemental Plane of Chaos, which didn't even exist before? Turning the great noble race of Tanar'ri into goddamn elementals?!
    Really... just what did the guys over at WotC smoke to get these countless terrible ideas all at once...?

And the reason for all that was... what? The murdering of Mystra? How many times was the god of magic now killed at this point anyway? Two times? Three times? Yeah, I really fail to see why something badly written like the Spellplague should even happen in the first place!
    [/Rant]