Skip to content

Favorite Faerûnian deity?

Comments

• setsunaluvrsetsunaluvr Member Posts: 29
    Shar is my favorite. Darkness, secrets, how can you go wrong?
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Ilmater, the Crying God. i'm a closet altruist =P
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    edited September 2013
    Nic_Mercy said:

Lore!

And this is why you clean up your deity after he breaks into a berzerker rage. We still haven't recovered from the bad PR of Squeakers photo shoot after he ended that berserker rage. Apparently when you devour an entire army it detracts from the fact that the rest of your civilization has a thriving tech industry. *sigh*
  • Cimmerian1xCimmerian1x Member Posts: 32
    Tyr and Tempus!
  • WittandWittand Member Posts: 54
    Sharess, always willing to party and she purrs if you rub her tummy.

Beshaba would be my second pick.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Anduin said:

@God

You really have some explaining to do...

All shadow puppets are avatars of Shar! What you got?

I do not explain, sorry. Also, I can enforce my command upon everything, nothing, and even all beyond that. So if I ever wanted Shar to breed giant space squirrels under threat of eternal torment, it'd be quite within my power :)
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Am I seriously the only one who likes Helm? Doing the right thing, even when it costs you everything, that's admirable in my opinion. Such a shame they had to kill him.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @God

What annoys me most is that it is impious to ask you to demonstrate your immense power.

So you don't use it.

When it seems that the greater good can be achieved if you just made an appearance, just like a landlord at house where the water has been cut off because they lack the home owners signature on a form, you put up a moral wall where it would be wrong of you to interfere in human affairs and let everyone die of thirst.

You also work in mysterious ways. Which means your random, chaotic, or most likely, not involved.

You created, for example, the ebola virus... This just means your sick, perverted or just insane. (Darwin seems so much better from this angle)

Plus you have the audacity to imply you will judge ME!

On quiet reflection, I realise you are a powerless phoney. At least your son had the guts to show his face!

Anyway...

Shar all the way...

• BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    I can't decide between Tempus and Helm.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    From Wikipedia: "Lord Ao is the overgod of Abeir-Toril, who only answers to a superior entity known only as a "being of light.""

So I choose this superior entity. Sounds mysterious and powerful. \m/

But seriously, I like Helm a lot.

• Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    You're all small-time.:P

Ao is the best!
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    Ao also grants no favors or powers to his followers. :P
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146

Ilmater, the Crying God. i'm a closet altruist
    =P

I'm with you 100% he is my favorite God. He seems to be the most compassionate God. All care more about pushing their goals.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Wittand said:

Sharess, always willing to party and she purrs if you rub her tummy.

< 3
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    edited September 2013

My favorite deity is the often overlooked Hamster Berzerker Warrior God, Squeakers, who single-handedly fought off an entire horde of evil Rashaka attempting to break through a planetary planar split on planet Cheesewheel. Apparently, though SOMEONE decided that space hamster lore wasn't important enough to include in D&D lore, those rodent-discriminating %&!@$.

Hehe I read "... a planetary planar spliff on planet Cheeswheel."

I'm not sure I have a favorite god. I kind of like Umberlee, Gond, Tymora, Waukeen, Chauntea, Helm, Ilmater, Mystra, Lathander, Cyric, Malar.

If I were to worship one it'd be Tymora or Lathander I guess.
  • RemenissionsRemenissions Member Posts: 102
    Is this thread making anyone else to play a game that centers on a war between all these gods?
  • ElDiabloElDiablo Member Posts: 36
    Mask, evil, but a functional evil.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    THEY ARE JUSTIFIED AND THEY ARE ANCIENT
    AND THEY LIKE TO ROAM THE PLANES

Aaand I have that song stuck in my head, now. :(
  • kiaikiai Member Posts: 18
    Hm i'm not really good in remembering deitys but I would say my favorite ones, where I cannot say which one more are Amaunator and Mystra
  • blazeheroicblazeheroic Member Posts: 37
    My 2 faves are Eilistraee or Rillifane Rallathil. I know they are both kind of the same, being god(desse)s of mysticism, but whenever I roll a character in PnP, I always play with one of these 2 deities as my god
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    All your gods are weak and pitiful. Bow before the might of the spider queen!

~Yor'thae
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    edited September 2013
    Cayden Cailean

I know little of Faerun pantheon, but...
    Bane cried out triumphantly, "As winner, I choose to rule for all eternity as the ultimate tyrant. I can induce hatred and strife at my whim, and all will bow down before me while in my kingdom."

Myrkul, who had won second place, declared, "But I choose the dead, and by doing so I truly win, because all you are lord over, Bane, will eventually be mine. All things must die - even gods."

Bhaal, who finished third, demurred, "I choose death, and it is by my hand that all that you rule Lord Bane will eventually pass to Lord Myrkul. Both of you must pay honor to me and obey my wishes, since I can destroy your kingdom, Bane, by murdering your subjects, and I can starve your kingdom, Myrkul, by staying my hand."
    Bhaal seems to have had a head on his shoulders.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Tresset said:

You're all small-time.:P

Ao is the best!

Well if you want to play that game then I like the Being of Light!
    Then I like The Dungeon Master.

edited September 2013
    @terzaerian:
    Exactly!

@Tresset:
    I like your spunk, but technically, they're not a *god*. They are something... different.:)
  • ForliezenForliezen Member Posts: 18
    Eldath. Not one you hear about much. I play Monks and Druids frequently, and Eldath's dogma seems to best fit the idea of transcending humanity that both of those classes embody.
  • HassonHasson Member Posts: 12
    Would have to say Jergal just because of "the history of the dead three"
  • MikaelMikael Member Posts: 33
    edited September 2013
    Same as Forliezen. Eldath, goddess of quiet places, springs, pools, peace, waterfalls - because I just love her domains. So I guess that makes her my favourite :)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I liked the Lawful Evil Jergal of ancient times. In many regards he was really similar to that handsome Nerull fella from the Grayhawk setting. But now...? Pff, he's nothing more than the secretary of that butt-hurt Kelemvor boy. At least Myrkul had an interesting dogma and a funny personality to boot.