Skip to content

Adventure Y

secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
Two adventures were originally planned as features to ship with BGEE. Adventure X ('The Black Pits') and Adventure Y, which was supposed to alter the Bhaalspawn story. Has adventure Y been cancelled? Delayed into a DLC? Rendered impossible due to the excessively stronghanded contractual obligations the vile lawyers have put upon them via Geas?

Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Its the Y-Files....

Guess they are holding on to it for a while ;O)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited August 2012
    The last tweet from Trent regarding this was:
    Tweeter said:

30 Jul Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

@TomiLovric Hmm, this Adventure Y, I have no recollection of any drunk tweets that may have mentioned an adventure Y.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It probably won't be ready for launch day so they removed it and will release it later, when ready, as a DLC.

Or it's ready and it will be announced as a surprise later, although I don't think this makes commercial sense.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Considering the cries for news, it might not be a bad idea to keep something to say later. If he spills everything now, there's nothing left to say.
    Drugar said:

Considering the cries for news, it might not be a bad idea to keep something to say later. If he spills everything now, there's nothing left to say.

Agree.. They should save something for the 2nd/3rd wave of news

So we're hoping for a surprise?
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    mlnevese said:

We are always hoping for surprises!! or well.. as long as its "more content for a great game" yay... or "here.. have a slab of free beer" yay!! .. or maybe even "here!! you have won a free holiday!" yay!!!

Or "Congratulations! you get a rectal probe installed for free!!!!" yay..... wait...

Okay.. the last one is not really that great.. but the others!! :)
    Hmmmm rectal probe... is adventure Y inside Mothership Zeta?

Yes it's a Fallout reference before anyone asks ;)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    It could still be a new area with one character : Dhil Paigle, having one BIG revealing dialogue : "Trololololol!" O_O

I dunno, I really love Overhaul, but deep inside, I know someone is going to troll us SOMEPLACE. God knows where :o
    mlnevese said:

I dunno, I really love Overhaul, but deep inside, I know someone is going to troll us SOMEPLACE. God knows where :o
    Dangerous remark after two comments talking about rectal probes :)

L-O-L!

• JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Kharas said:

Or "Congratulations! you get a rectal probe installed for free!!!!" yay..... wait...

Minature Giant Space Hamsters have to come from somewhere
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Well still havent shown finalised screenshots of the UI, so there may well be something else to be announced. Also I wouldve expected Trent to just admit it if it had been cancelled due to contractual restraints.

**Save vs getting drawn into rectal conversation: 20 - Avoids getting drawn into rectal conversation**

**Save vs getting drawn into rectal conversation: 20 - Avoids getting drawn into rectal conversation**

Too late, you mentioned it, you're in :)

• KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    And beside.. we all know that for each previous post mentioning rectal probing.. there is a -2 cumulative effect to your saving throw.. so as Mlnevese said.. sorry, you failed, welcome to the party! :)
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Aww its not his fault! he was using the original coding...and he rolled so high it wrapped back around to 1 >.>
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I call shenanigans! He rolled a natural 20, thats an auto success.

Oh and umm I believe adventure Y exists, the truth is out there.
    Great that's just going to lead back to the rectal probe thing...
    Delvarian said:

I call shenanigans! He rolled a natural 20, thats an auto success.

Oh and umm I believe adventure Y exists, the truth is out there.
    Great that's just going to lead back to the rectal probe thing...

Nahhh it's an instant fail. Just like mentioning Hastur three times on Call of Cthulhu.

And about the rectal probe thing... Just be happy no one threw Uranus jokes around yet... Oh damn... Too late?
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    They came from... behind :P
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    I remember a tweet from @TrentOster hinting at a temple? I cannot find the tweet currently, but it was something along the lines "did I say temple? I meant template #nospoilershere", so unless the Black Pits have a temple, or he did in fact mean template, there could be an adventure Y.
    edited August 2012
    I think there is an adventure Y. But I also think they hit harder bugs than they were expecting and it will not be ready for release date. Trent Oster has been cursing the UI code for nearly a month and in his interview to Penny Arcade he just declared he had to go nuclear on it nuking portions of the code to see what actually works, among other "horrors" he found.
    Read his interview here.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/salvaging-baldurs-gate-the-horror-of-getting-the-original-code-in-shape-for
    mlnevese said:

I think there is an adventure Y. But I also think they hit harder bugs than they were expecting and it will not be ready for release date. Trent Oster has been cursing the UI code for nearly a month and in his interview to Penny Arcade he just declared he had to go nuclear on it nuking portions of the code to see what actually works, among other "horrors" he found.
    Read his interview here.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/salvaging-baldurs-gate-the-horror-of-getting-the-original-code-in-shape-for

@mlnevese
    Thats a good Interview, I think its a good idea if you post it on a seperate new thread :)
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    Kharas said:

mlnevese said:

We are always hoping for surprises!! or well.. as long as its "more content for a great game" yay... or "here.. have a slab of free beer" yay!! .. or maybe even "here!! you have won a free holiday!" yay!!!

Okay.. the last one is not really that great.. but the others!! :)
    ooooh, rectal probe, you've finally sold me, just pre ordered!!!!!!!
    mch202 said:

mlnevese said:
    @mlnevese
    Thats a good Interview, I think its a good idea if you post it on a seperate new thread :)
    Done :)

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    I want to believe.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Phyrax said:

I remember a tweet from @TrentOster hinting at a temple? I cannot find the tweet currently, but it was something along the lines "did I say temple? I meant template #nospoilershere", so unless the Black Pits have a temple, or he did in fact mean template, there could be an adventure Y.

He was also talking about an area full of snow a couple months ago on Twitter... I'm assuming though (I really don't know) that the Black Pits is Adventure Y, not Adventure X, since it's so remote and has nothing to do with being a Bhaalspawn or even the Sword Coast with its remote Underdark location. Adventure X seems like it's either not been mentioned yet or it's integral with the new NPCs... Just a guess at present...
    edited August 2012
    @Bhryaen, Its the other way around.. :

Tweeter said:
    12 May Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

Adventure X is a side adventure, while Adventure Y is an optional storyline piece in the Bhallspawn series

^
    |
    |
    |
    |
    A drunk tweet right here! :-)
    Post edited by mch202 on
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Concept art also showed Dragonspear Castle, just north of Baldur's Gate. Haven't heard anything about it though. Could be going in that direction.

Alas, we shall have to wait!
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I wonder where they were/are planning on putting Adventure Y. The story is tied together quite well already and isn't missing anything. Everything flows naturally. You leave Candlekeep and hear about trouble in Nashkel from numerous sources, you clean out Nashkel and get a lead on the bandits, from the bandit camp you learn about the Cloakwood mine, from there you learn about the Iron Throne in BG, which again leads you to follow the leaders back to Candlekeep, which again sheds light on your origin and Sarevok's scheme, then back to BG to unravel Sarevok's assassination and coronation plan once and for all. Where would you put a new adventure? There aren't any gaps or plot holes to fill.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @mch202
    X-/ Thanks! Erm... nevermind...