Skip to content

Adventure Y

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

The temple I was working on was the abandoned temple to Tempus for the Rasaad plotline. "Y" (if there were such a thing) would probably be post-ship.

Sadface. D:

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Sounds strangely... familiar? ;)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited August 2012

mch202 said:

@AndreaColombo, Now I have lost faith... :-p

I did what I could, and will leave this behind me with a clean conscience LOL
    @AndreaColombo You have tried your best :)

So technically if there wasnt ever an 'Adventure Y', there isn't an 'Adventure X', This two "Code Name" came together... :-p

Post edited by mch202 on
    edited December 2012
    -

Post edited by mch202 on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @mch202. Our imaginations are so active they even created twits from the developers mentioning it. Maybe someone cast a limited wish? :)

I will buy any official adventure that seems to be interesting and is released as DLC. As I said in other thread, I'd even be willing to pay for mods as I think the modding community deserves to be paid for their hard work.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @mlnevese - SHS is accepting donations, if you feel like contributing to the modding community :) They're not even profiting from it, as I believe all donations go toward server maintenance.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    mch202 said:

what bothers me really is the saying that there was never such a thing 'Adventure Y' like it was the fruits of our imagination,

I think he was trying to be funny though.
    @AndreColombo good to know. I'll make my donation :) Dowloaded hours of fun from there :)
    Tanthalas said:

mch202 said:

what bothers me really is the saying that there was never such a thing 'Adventure Y' like it was the fruits of our imagination,

I think he was trying to be funny though.
    Thats the problem in written messages I guess, you can never be sure if its sarcasm or not. :-p
    @Thanthalas I think so. @TrentOster's latest posts about Adventure Y had an humurous tone to them.
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    @Tanthalas Trent really needs to work on that sense of humour of his it seems :p
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    Maciak87 said:

A bitter adventure, taking place after Baldur's Gate, where several of your friends get killed off and you yourself captured. Yummy.

Oh, that would be awesome.

Presuming that the adventuring party split up after Sarevok's death, it could be cool to break such an adventure into chapters where you follow Minsc and Dynaheir, and Jaheira and Khalid's stories independently.

It may feel a little linear, but I would love a tie-in that could explain their presence in Irenicus' dungeon regardless of whether they were travelling with the protagonist in BG1 or not.

Ward said:

I named my goldfish Adventure X and Adventure Y months ago.

Does this mean I have to kill Adventure Y now?

No, it means you have to convince Adventure Y it doesn't exist, and then it subsequently must cease to exist, Torment-style!

• Spjuv3rnSpjuv3rn Member Posts: 61
    Knowing goldfishes it probably forgot about adventure Y long ago, just call it Black Pits the Goldfish instead ;)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    "You were the hero of Baldur's Gate.... but some suspected you shared the same lineage as Sarevok. You departed soon after, under circumstances much darker than anyone would have believed..."

Sounds like a good premise for a post-ship "Adventure Y" if you ask me. What were those dark circumstances?

"They came as you rested, figures cloaked in mist that clouded your thoughts, blurring the lines between consciousness and dream. There was no malice or hatred... no mention of an old score... Only quick capture and the promise of grim deeds to come"

The conclusion of Adventure Y and close connection to Shadows of Amn, with the PC and the party being captured.

Would that be worth DLC money? ABSOLUTELY 8D
    @Ward @Schneidend The problem with convincing goldfish Adventure Y that it does not exist is that if it is later released as a DLC you'll have to convince a non-existing fish that it is real.

Boy is there any reverse concept to solipsism?
    Errr....hhhnnnng...Mmmmmrrrraaaargh! /aneurysm
  • mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    Perhaps there is another Thread on adventure Y where this has been already mentioned. if so sorry for double post.

a while back Phil Daigle stated on twitter: "hey remember that "Adventure Y" @SamHulick hinted at awhile ago? WELL HAVE I GOT ABSOLUTELY NO NEWS FOR YOU"
    and shotly later: "Find a bridge to the north of Baldur's Gate that would hold significance to the Bhaalspawn."

so I'm thinking Boareskyr Bridge of course, since it was where Bhaal was defeated by Cyric in the time of Troubles. Now everybody feel free to speculate on a possible plot:D
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    mungomunk said:

and shotly later: "Find a bridge to the north of Baldur's Gate that would hold significance to the Bhaalspawn."

so I'm thinking Boareskyr Bridge of course, since it was where Bhaal was defeated by Cyric in the time of Troubles. Now everybody feel free to speculate on a possible plot:D

"Ugh, man, screw this city. I'm going to Waterdeep."
    "Hey, let's go rest here."
    SUDDENLY
    "Oh gods what. Where am I...? Imoen?"
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Lets go skinny-dipping of the Boareskyr Bridge :) "Recieved 20.000 Exp and a new power"
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    Imoen is not your real sister but half-sister so this is only half-weird!
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    so is Adventure Y going to be released in a next patch?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @wojtek

I am pretty sure that's planned for after BG 2 EE. So... no.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    do you guys know if it will be free as another update or no
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2013
    Comment removed.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654

@wojtek

I am pretty sure that's planned for after BG 2 EE. So... no.

that's where you're wrong
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    OMG. Is it time for cryptic speculation to begin anew!?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667

OMG. Is it time for cryptic speculation to begin anew!?

It might be.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Well, I guess it was too much to expect a reprieve.

In other news: YAY!!!