Skip to content

Adventure Y

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Bhryaen - I'm 100% sure The Black Pits is Adventure X. Trent told me :)
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Thanks, @AndreaColombo... But does this mean the Black Pits is the one that's connected to the main Bhaalspawn series or the side adventure? By now I've lost the X, Y assignments entirely heh...
    The Black Pits, aka Adventure X, is the stand-alone adventure. Adventure Y is the Bhaalspawn-related side adventure :)
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited August 2012
    There is a possibility however that adventure Y is a quest related to the new npcs so it's in the game anyway because of them, no? Or we are sure it's about a different questline?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

The Black Pits, aka Adventure X, is the stand-alone adventure. Adventure Y is the Bhaalspawn-related side adventure :)

If there is any Adventure Y...

@Mornmagor - we are sure it's about a different questline.

@mch202 - don't lose faith :D
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @AdreaColombo

I think we'd all really like to know if adventure Y is coming out on release day... but I guess we'll have to wait for a surprise like everyone else :)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I think adventure y is not about npcs it's in the main bhaalspawn storyline as trent said, unless one of the new NPCs is also a bhaalspawn. I'd guess Dorn Il-khan would be the most likely candidate based on last name relation to Gromnir Il-khan, a bhaalspawn in TOB. Just a theory.

Or it could be totally about you or imoen. Most likely they put it off until post-ship as a DLC. I just hope it's not now a launch day DLC or something instead of a game feature like it was originally going to be.

Or it could be totally about romancing imoen.

Fixed =D
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Could adventure Y be the connector between BG and BG2? A lot happened between the games.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Delvarian said:

Could adventure Y be the connector between BG and BG2? A lot happened between the games.

that could be interesting though the end of the story of BG1 is still you and party getting captured so adventure y would be you could do whatever you want as long as you get captured in the end.

• AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308

Delvarian said:

that could be interesting though the end of the story of BG1 is still you and party getting captured so adventure y would be you could do whatever you want as long as you get captured in the end.

Do you mean that the 'end of BG1 is still you and party getting captured' as in what was implied by the beginning of BG2? Because I don't remember actually witnessing the capture - though I confess my memories of BG1 are tainted by BGT by now.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I think that's what he meant, yes.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

Fixed =D
    Eww...no! BAD!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Aliteri said:

Do you mean that the 'end of BG1 is still you and party getting captured' as in what was implied by the beginning of BG2? Because I don't remember actually witnessing the capture - though I confess my memories of BG1 are tainted by BGT by now.

BGT had a cutscene bridging the two games where you're ambushed by Shadow Thieves on the road to Amn.
    shawne said:

Aliteri said:

BGT had a cutscene bridging the two games where you're ambushed by Shadow Thieves on the road to Amn.
    Adventure Y could somehow incorporate that capture into a larger story then, its the one part of Baldur's Gate narrative that isn't well tied together by the games themselves.

Though any (good) content is good for me.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I'd really like there to be a better bridge between BG1 and BG2. I'd prefer to lose an unwinnable fight than just get told that I had been captured off-screen. If I'm going to end up in a prison cell I want to know that I was dragged there kicking and screaming.
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125

Fixed =D
    *looks around frantically* where is the thumb down button!?!?!

@Lediath - worry not, it won't involve any Imoen romance LOL
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Imoen romance mod was kinda cool actually. The only thing i remember now is some nice castlevania music in the dreams :D
    @Mornmagor - I've never played that mod, but I know it is one of the most controversial BG2 mods ever released (which is why I made that comment in the first place) ;)
    Imoen romance, rectal probes and Uranus in the same thread. I think we can declare this thread full of win. :)

Let's only hope nobody combines the three subjects in a single post or the moderators will have to tag this thread as 18+ ;)

@Mornmagor - I've never played that mod, but I know it is one of the most controversial BG2 mods ever released (which is why I made that comment in the first place) ;)

In this age where either child killing or nudity mods are the first to enter the Internet, Imoen Romance is only creepy thing seems to be the incidents their community suffered, and the stories about those.

edited August 2012

Although I Think a transaction quest between bg1 and bg2 is a good idea, I dont want it to be Adventure Y, From Adventure Y I expect to expand the game/world map, to go to new places before the end of the game.

An Epilogue chapter after killing sarevok can be a very good DLC release right before the release of BG2:EE, So it will make you play BG1:EE all ever again and continue straight to BG2 :-)
    Post edited by mch202 on
    I'd like to see a transition adventure where you learn not only how you were dragged to Irenicus' dungeon but how Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, Khalid and Dynaheir ended there as well even if they aren't in your group.

Were they trying to warn you of a trap? Were they captured because they were spying on you and could provide Irenicus with information?

I don't know, but I'd like to play an official answer. :)
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    The temple I was working on was the abandoned temple to Tempus for the Rasaad plotline. "Y" (if there were such a thing) would probably be post-ship.
    edited August 2012

@Mornmagor - we are sure it's about a different questline.

@mch202 - don't lose faith :D

@AndreaColombo, Now I have lost faith... :-p
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125

"Y" (if there were such a thing) would probably be post-ship.

That's a shame...
    Ah well, better to get the game into player hands asap :)

mch202 said:

@AndreaColombo, Now I have lost faith... :-p

I did what I could, and will leave this behind me with a clean conscience LOL