Skip to content

Not buying Baldur's Gate 2 till....

Ive made my mind up....im not buying baldurs gate 2 till bgee is patched and working right...it seems weve been waiting forever for a patch that aint been delivered...I almost wish I didn't buy bgee and just played the modded originals...just my 2 Cents

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Have you suffered from a lot of things not working then? The game has been fully playable from Candlekeep to the temple of Bhaal for a long time, and with available hotfixes I can't think of many things not working right.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...and it is your right as the consumer to do so.

That said - except for that old geezer Tethroil holding onto his scroll and refusing to give it to me and one single Neera duplication bug (Hey, TWO Wild Mages...do you think i can romance them both?)...I haven't had any other problems/bugs.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    well cant fault you for that

its usualy a good idea not to buy something unless you know it works to a standard your happy with.
    I have/had problems with the game both in function and content but i would personaly say its been worth the money and by and large im happy with the product
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    So, because Tethoril doesn't give you a scroll, you won't finish the Enhanced franchise. Oh~kay...
  • riyahhassettriyahhassett Member Posts: 59
    I want the easy to use multiplayer that was promised. I choose multiplayer, I see other people's games. I choose one and I play. WTF is that? Should have known that it wasn't coming out till BG2ee, just like when the games were released the first time around. :)
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    The big patch will probably be out before BG2:EE is released, but perhaps not.

Tethoril scroll and the dark screen startup are the only bugs I have...
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816

Ive made my mind up....im not buying baldurs gate 2 till bgee is patched and working right...it seems weve been waiting forever for a patch that aint been delivered...I almost wish I didn't buy bgee and just played the modded originals...just my 2 Cents

First, BG:EE is completely playable from beginning to end. Second, it has already been confirmed that the patch will be available before BG2:EE is released.

Finally, there was this little event called the ATARI bankruptcy - an event beyond the devs control - that halted and delayed the patch release. I'm no Overhaul/Beamdog fanboy (they have made some notable mistakes in anticipating coding problems and prematurely announcing release dates), but there are some things that can be helped and others that cannot. Overall, I've been pretty pleased with the post-release support for this game and look forward to the new patch.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Southpaw said:

That said - except for that old geezer Tethroil holding onto his scroll and refusing to give it to me and one single Neera duplication bug (Hey, TWO Wild Mages...do you think i can romance them both?)...I haven't had any other problems/bugs.

You sure that wasn't a Wild Surge: Transporter Accident? :-)
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    only bug that annoys me is that whenever I quickload I often time lose sound until I go to another screen and back to the game screen. also I have strange slowdowns on a good computer. I guess it is something in my hardware that would be fixed by the renderer, but it isn't often it happens and it seems random
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    Um what about the new kit bugs....ive played it im just not happy with the way everything has been going lately....this was a good game in the day and that's why I bought the dungeons and dragons anthology off of amazon for $20 and got all 6 games..its just needs to be polished quite a bit and I don't need a lot of fanboys telling me how great this game is when Ive played the game and based my findings on that.
  • GregorovitchGregorovitch Member Posts: 5
    I had minimal problems in my playthrough of BG:EE and IMO the upgrade from the original is well worth it since the original's graphics etc are *very* dated. BG2 was a lot better than BG originally in that respect though (with the upgrade to the IE) so I will interested to see what BG2:EE brings to the party.
    the shadow dancer I hear is severely bugged and cant really play through the game with one...I was doing pretty good with a thief though and then they released the kits and I found out shadow dancers are bugged.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I thought this was a not buying BG2EE till...[insert condition] thread. I was supposed to say I am not buying BG2EE till after one or two big patches on iPad are released.
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    Illustair said:

I thought this was a not buying BG2EE till...[insert condition] thread. I was supposed to say I am not buying BG2EE till after one or two big patches on iPad are released.

Not buying BG2:EE till they release BG:EE for Android... Seareously... WTF...
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Well, i'm not buying BG2:EE until... it's launch, then i will buy it :)! I'm just not going to pre-order cos i have no incentive for it, otherwise if i say i'm not buying until this or that i would be bluffing, i know myself i will not resist the purchase in the moment the game comes avaliable for download!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

the shadow dancer I hear is severely bugged and cant really play through the game with one...I was doing pretty good with a thief though and then they released the kits and I found out shadow dancers are bugged.

There's a shadowdancer fix and documentation at https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17862/tresset-s-shadowdancer-bugfixes-important-update - courtesy of @Tresset.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Southpaw said:

...and it is your right as the consumer to do so.

Any bug involving Neera isn't a bug - it's a *feature*.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

I want the easy to use multiplayer that was promised. I choose multiplayer, I see other people's games. I choose one and I play. WTF is that? Should have known that it wasn't coming out till BG2ee, just like when the games were released the first time around. :)

This is really the only area where BGEE failed to deliver. Hopefully, multiplayer functionality is part of why this next patch is going to be so big and require a "beta test."
  • Tysonm1Tysonm1 Member Posts: 40
    Nice.

Still buying it.

Just gonna be patient and keep on grinding into that game until my hair falls out. I'm sure the patch will just sneak up on you and you won't even realize it's fixed!
    Shandyr said:

kamuizin said:

Well, i'm not buying BG2:EE until... it's launch, then i will buy it :)! I'm just not going to pre-order cos i have no incentive for it, otherwise if i say i'm not buying until this or that i would be bluffing, i know myself i will not resist the purchase in the moment the game comes avaliable for download!

But the preorder badge! Doesn't anyone think of the awesome preorder badge? :o

You ONLY get it by preordering! Do you really want to miss it out? :/
    There's a pre-order badge already for BG2:EE? I was not aware of it, i thought not even a badge was made. Well, maybe i pre-order then with one day before the release for the badge :)!
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    My biggest beef is the multiplayer and how they just basically lied to us on that. It's the biggest thing I was looking forward to. 2nd most important was the engine update for bg2 without having to use tutu. So nice to easily be able to add Irenicus' spells into bg1 plus being able to use high level spells for the casters.
  • OgaburanOgaburan Member Posts: 83
    I dont know why im surprised @ the # of fanboys on this forum, who will blindly argue this game is better then perfection just by existing.

I totally agree with the rational people here tho, i probbaly wont resist the buy.
    But i still dont think THIS game is finished.
    I was one of those who bought it for MP, stable MP. Still waiting for that btw...

Im sorry managing to make an "enhanced" version of a finished game PLAYABLE is not much of an achievement. Furthermore, adding 3 new characters isn't something I haven't seen in mods.

Came here for the MP, and was extremely disappointed.

Also, dont really understand why I should give 2 squirts of piss that ATARI went bankrupt.
    Devs still managed to get funds (tho i remember reading on RPS that they didn't, so Im somewhat confused) for the new game, while this one still isn't finished.
    Hardly an incentive, in fact it might be what will help me resist the urge to buy BGII.
    More than likely even though I don't want to..once bg2ee comes out il be unable to resist buying it...I just want the kits fixed and subraces added.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    kamuizin said:

Shandyr said:

kamuizin said:

But the preorder badge! Doesn't anyone think of the awesome preorder badge? :o

You ONLY get it by preordering! Do you really want to miss it out? :/
    There's a pre-order badge already for BG2:EE? I was not aware of it, i thought not even a badge was made. Well, maybe i pre-order then with one day before the release for the badge :)!
    I don't think there's a badge designed yet (certainly has not been distributed). I think it's a promise of one right now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sorry @Shandyr :)! It wasn't meant to be offensive, just a friendly joke :)!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    A lot of people (on both sides of the argument) keep bringing up bugs, but let's not forget that the patch is about way more than just bug fixes.

A huge part of this patch -- and likely one of the big things they're expecting the open beta to help address -- is the shiny, new, minimalist UI. And when BG2:EE was first announced, one of the first things people seemed excited about in the screenshots was... *drumroll*... the shiny, new, minimalist UI.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like the major improvements that are supposed to come with this next patch are things that are expected to be up and running in time for BG2:EE... yet here we are with two months to go and the open beta hasn't even begun. I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to hold off on buying the next entry in the series when the underlying architecture still hasn't been finalized.