Skip to content

Preorder Badges!

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
If you've preordered Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, you should now have a badge on your forum account stating that fact.

If you don't have the badge, it's more than likely because your forum account has a different email address than your Beamdog account. If this is the case and you would like the badge added to your account, send me a PM with your Beamdog account's email address.

Thank you all for your continuing support!
Paladin[Deleted User]alnairFredjoCoryNewbLynXelminsterStarflower2525alannahsmithLinkamusronaldoAristilliussepotterHeindrichKamigoroshiAstroBryGuycmk24MoradinSylphSCARY_WIZARDNight_WatchJuliusBorisovShadowdemonRahlikSikorskyNecdilzorPibaroSwordsNotWordshellknightVaylorCrevsDaaklolien

Comments

• PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Thank you! I love my badge(s).
    CoryNewbLynXStarflower2525
  • WulfyWulfy Member Posts: 32
    I really missed that emblem once ToB came out and replaced it. Lovely to see it again! :D
    CoryNewb
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Badges? We don't need no....oh wait, yeah we do! Thanks!
    GawdzillaCrevsDaak
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I couldn't help but notice that only among forum members, almost 500 people have already preordered BG2:EE. Way to go, guys.
    alannahsmithSouthpawStarflower2525alnair
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Well, yes, okay, I've got the badge, so thanks to Beamdog for this way of acknowledging my support for their work ... but heck, do people really give a stuff about an icon on their forum profile? I sent my money to buy the game, not the badge, and I find it very hard to imagine that anyone's buying-decision is actually affected by badge frippery, so I'm not sure what real purpose the badge serves.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CoryNewbFredjo
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Its also a form of social pressure. "Look at everyone who has preordered. You want to be in the group too."
    CaptRory said:

Its also a form of social pressure. "Look at everyone who has preordered. You want to be in the group too."

Yeah! Only a real square wouldn't have it preordered.

People will start getting bullied for not having the badge around here before we know it!
    [Deleted User]FredjoCaptRoryCrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CaptRorysarevok57Night_WatchCrevsDaak
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    These bars will not hold my wrath. The badge will be free! Butts shall be liberally kicked in good measure.
    CaptRorysarevok57Night_WatchCrevsDaak
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    mlnevese said:

Considering we had people in the forum that attempted to fraud the badge system by creating multiple accounts, I don't doubt some people would buy the game just for the badge...

Seriously, @mlnevese? Wow, my mind is indeed boggled! Some people must have really sad lives.
    CaptRory
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Thanks!

I feel special... :D
    BelgarathMTH
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I get the badge if i pre-order until what date?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Until the date of release. :)
    kamuizinCoryNewbCrevsDaak
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    well i didnt pre-order the first game and a badge for pre-ordering the second with out the first would be a fashion faux par so ill have to give it a miss

nice for everyone that likes these sort of things though
    Fredjo
  • AraminaAramina Member Posts: 64

Well, yes, okay, I've got the badge, so thanks to Beamdog for this way of acknowledging my support for their work ... but heck, do people really give a stuff about an icon on their forum profile? I sent my money to buy the game, not the badge, and I find it very hard to imagine that anyone's buying-decision is actually affected by badge frippery, so I'm not sure what real purpose the badge serves.

I'd imagine it's the same with steam/xbox achievements. I've known people who buy games not because they actually want to play it, but just because they want the shinies. Don't understand it myself, but I guess some people just like the collection part of it?

TJ_HookerTroodon80
    What's the turn around time? I pre-ordered this afternoon and bought a copy for my dad too and I haven't gotten the badge yet. And yes I bought two copies and Beamdog and the forum use the same email.
    CoryNewb
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Aramina said:

I'd imagine it's the same with steam/xbox achievements. I've known people who buy games not because they actually want to play it, but just because they want the shinies. Don't understand it myself, but I guess some people just like the collection part of it?

The funny thing is that whenever it is suggested that achievements be added to BG, the whole forum seems to come out against it, but when you dangle a shiny forum badge in front of them...
    Syntia13
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    CaptRory said:

What's the turn around time? I pre-ordered this afternoon and bought a copy for my dad too and I haven't gotten the badge yet. And yes I bought two copies and Beamdog and the forum use the same email.

Rlx, before 15 november everyone will be with their respective badge.
    CaptRory said:

What a lucky dad! I hope my kids get me something cool one day.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    CaptRory said:

We have it automated to run a check daily; so you should have your badge by tomorrow.
    Ok, that's cool. Thanks @Dee . I didn't know if it was supposed to update immediately, hourly, daily, whatever. =3
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Ah gots me a badge!
    [Deleted User]