Skip to content

we give AD&D 2nd edition stats to famous people

Comments

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    For the character of Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I'd say it's a little more like this:

DJKajuru
  • MathiasMathias Member Posts: 21
    iKrivetko said:

YO MAMA

i see what thou did thar....
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited June 2013
    Commander Shepard
    Str: 12
    Dex: 16
    Con: 25 (The guy's a Tarrasque. He survives being close to blast radius of giant laser beams that are capable of destroying buildings and huge spaceships, thrice...and provided that I didn't miscount, I'm only talking about cutscenes. He got knocked off and got wounded, yes, but he was still alive nonetheless. Ridiculous! He also got blasted off his spaceship and blown into space almost lifeless. Still, part of him was still alive even after all that - enough to revive him. Ending also hints that he could still be alive after...you know how it all ended. Now that's just insane! If I could give him beyond 25 stat for CON, I would.)
    Int: 14
    Wis: 13
    Cha: 20 (Among many other charismatic feats, he almost single-handedly united most of the galaxy.)

Chuck Norris would be proud.
    Post edited by Illustair on
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMageChildofBhaal599Aristillius
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Illustair said:

Commander Shepard
    Str: 12
    Dex: 16
    Con: 25 (The guy's a Tarrasque. He survives being close to blast radius of giant laser beams that are capable of destroying buildings and huge spaceships, thrice...and provided that I didn't miscount, I'm only talking about cutscenes. He got knocked off and got wounded, yes, but he was still alive nonetheless. Ridiculous! He also got blasted off his spaceship and blown into space almost lifeless. Still, part of him was still alive even after all that - enough to revive him. Ending also hints that he could still be alive after...you know how it all ended. Now that's just insane! If I could give him beyond 25 stat for CON, I would.)
    Int: 14
    Wis: 13
    Cha: 20 (Among many other charismatic feats, he almost single-handedly united most of the galaxy.)

Chuck Norris would be proud.

I don't know if 25 constitution is appropriate. He only survives because of the benefit of advanced technologies (in some cases shielding in others medical).
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited June 2013
    Hehe I know, I'm exaggerating. But it was still crazy! Everything around him is being decimated all the time. And he always walks out alive.

Least crazy, but crazy: In the opening of ME3, he was very near to a powerful Reaper blast that tossed everything hard including him to the wall; he got dizzy for a moment, but went right back up like nothing happened. Fell on his back, got shot at. Walked right back, shoot back. Repeat.

Crazy: Collector ship fired upon Normandy, and blew it up along with Shepard. Supposedly had him suffocated to death when his suit has been compromised, burnt up in the atmosphere, crash landed (I assume. It mustn't have been pretty) on the planet. I don't know how ultra-powered his suit was, but to have had survived that (near death, but still alive enough to be resurrected) is unbelievable!

Insanely crazy: When they were on their way to the Citadel (Crucible) through the teleportation pad or whatever that was called. They were greeted by the Harbinger, presumably the largest Reaper. Bright lights were everywhere. Note that these are the same lights that easily take out buildings and spaceships. Shepard took what seemed like a direct hit. Everything's been wiped out clean (or messy). Of course, he still made out alive. How Anderson survived unscathed is another mystery story for another time.

Worst of all: Citadel exploded, then we see Shepard emerge from the pile of rubbles to gasp for breath.

On top of it all: Worn out body? Of course not! He still has time to make love. Endurance worthy of 25 CON indeed.

I've even omitted some that I'm not sure if I just made up in my mind like a falling debris or something.:D There are a lot of crazy stuff in ME1 as well. Sorry for the long post. :-) TLDR, he's basically an immortal and the Chuck Norris of Mass Effect Universe.

• AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited September 2013
    Eragon, as of the books, not the movie
    Race: Dragonbound Human
    Class: Ranger/Sorcerer multiclass (after being soulbound with Saphira)
    Alignment: Neutral Good - Though he's of good heart, he aims at overthrowing the tyranny and does not always do what one considers lawful to achieve these goals.
    Skills:
    Bows - +++
    Long Swords - ++

STR 14 - Not that exceptionally strong, gained strength through training with Brom
    DEX 17 - He's a skilled bowman and hunter, though cannot outmatch the agility and dexterity of elves.
    CON 16 - He survived a shade attack, though was scarred after
    INT 13 - He's not of good knowledge, but an able learner
    WIS 14 - Strong-willed, survived the after-effects of the shade's wound until cured
    CHA 16 - Being a dragon rider later on, he develops leadership skills and becomes a charismatic figure.

William Wallace
    Race: Human
    Class: Fighter
    Alignment: Chaotic Good - He led a scotish rebellion to free Scotland from Britain

STR 20 - His greatsword was a good 1.7 meters long, from tip to pommel. Not many men can swing such a massive blade. His strength easily rivals Sarevok's, so say the rumors, at least.
    DEX 11 - There are no records of great feat in dexterity about him, so I assume it was average.
    CON 17 - It is said ("Tall man with the body of a giant") that he was of healthy and strong physique, so I assume that he could survive much that would kill other men.
    INT 15 - As a combat leader he had quite some cunning, he managed to evade capture for a long time.
    WIS 13 - He forfeited his position as Guardian of Scotland when he lost the Battle of Falkirk, but still fought on, so he still has more willpower than the average leader.
    CHA 17 - He was a popular combat leader and quite successful, except for the Battle of Falkirk
    Post edited by AendaeronBluescale on
  • riyahhassettriyahhassett Member Posts: 59
    Nickola Tesla

Str 9
    Dex 9
    Con 8
    Int 23
    Wis 8
    Cha 11

Surprised I was the first person to mention him.
    CrevsDaak
    edited September 2013
    Angela Merkel
    STR 6 - I do not think that she's strong physically
    DEX 9 - Nor especially dextrous
    CON 7 - She looks aged
    INT 10 - She lacks the ability to comprehend newer technologies (See Neuland Meme)
    WIS 9 - She lacks insight in many things Europe and International.
    CHA 15 - She knows how to express her opinion through gesticulation.
    KidCarnival
  • revan299srevan299s Member Posts: 64
    Luke Skywalker - As of RotJ

Str 16
    Dex 15
    Con 14
    Int 14
    Wis 10
    Cha 17 (He deserves a bonus after the destruction of the first death star)
  • randyroorandyroo Member Posts: 54
    Walter white - breaking bad

str 8 he's pretty weak.
    des 10 not particularly known for his acrobatics either.
    con 6 suffers from an illness.
    int 19 genius scientist nobody can deny that.
    wis 15 sometimes seems to vary throughout the series but his intellect helps his wisdom greatly.
    cha 16 unsure on this one it seems to be another variable due to leading a double life but there are some great feats of charisma.
    Aristillius
    edited September 2013
    Chuck Norris
    Stats: Not definable. There are no stats that define Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris defines them.
    CrevsDaakmeagloth

Chuck Norris
    Stats: Not definable. There are no stats that define Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris defines them.

Bah! That guys is overrated. :P

HeindrichBattlehamster
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Aedan said:

Silvio Berlusconi

Str: 10
    Dex: 10
    Con: 25 (Duomo's statuette could not kill him)
    Int: Not Available
    Wis: 2
    Cha: Base 2
    With Items: 18 (He wears the Ring of Human Influence!)

Alignment?

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited September 2013
    So many of you are breaking D&D rules on maximum stats! I will remain faithful to the rules cos I am a Lawful individual.

Bruce Lee

Human Fighter
    Neutral Good

Str: 17
    Dex: 18
    Con: 16
    Int: 16 (Developed his own fighting style, borrowing from a whole host of martial arts he had learnt)
    Wis: 16 (Was able to summarise all sorts of deep ideas in fairly simple and illustrative idioms... just google Bruce Lee quotes!)
    Cha: 18 (Pretty good lookin'... very inspirational and almost universally loved in the East and West.)

What an awesome roll!

DJKajuruCrevsDaakAristillius

So many of you are breaking D&D rules on maximum stats! I will remain faithful to the rules cos I am a Lawful individual.

Bruce Lee

Human Fighter
    Neutral Good

Str: 17
    Int: 16 (Developed his own fighting style, borrowing from a whole host of martial arts he had learnt)
    Wis: 16 (Was able to summarise all sorts of deep ideas in fairly simple and illustrative idioms... just google Bruce Lee quotes!)
    Cha: 18 (Pretty good lookin'... very inspirational and almost universally loved in the East and West.)

What an awesome roll!

hmm, Always thought of him as a monk instead of a fighter :P I'd say stats are pretty accurate though.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited September 2013
    @revan299s
    I did consider that... except Bruce Lee never was a monk, nor was he particularly religious, which I regard as a pre-requisite for a Monk. Also he learnt to fight with a variety of Chinese classical weapons, including swords, darts and spears, and of course the one he was most famous for, nun-chucks.

I'll do another one. We've already had Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer... let's do Buffy!

Buffy Summers

Human Fighter
    Chaotic Good

Str: 18
    Int: 12 (She's not stupid, but tends to rely on the gang for tactics, and done some pretty foolish things at times...)
    Wis: 12 (Again, some Watcher training and knowledge, but never a good student, relied on others for the books and strategies).
    Cha: 16 (She's pretty hot, and commands respect from most of those she meets).
    edited September 2013
    @Heindrich1988 Ah, I stand corrected.

How about something new. Teal'c from Stargate SG-1

Teal'c of Chulak
    Human(Jaffa :P) Fighter
    Neutral Good

Str: 18
    Dex: 17(walked across the Plains of Celestus with a wound that would kill most people)
    Int: 12(He's not stupid but like with buffy tends to rely on others for this)
    Wis: 14
    Cha: 16(He's a Jaffa leader and known by many throughout the galaxy)

I know thats a high roll. But I couldn't justify giving him any lower(I even think his Wis should be higher lol)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Conan the Cimmerian as of The Hour Of The Dragon

20th level Barbarian(in third edition he would be 12 Barbarian/ 3 Rogue/ 5 Fighter)
    Chaotic Good

Strenght:22
    Dexterity:17
    Constitution:18
    Intelligence:13
    Wisdom:12
    Charisma:18
    Aristillius
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Aedan said:

Silvio Berlusconi

Str: 10
    Dex: 10
    Con: 25 (Duomo's statuette could not kill him)
    Int: Not Available
    Wis: 2
    Cha: Base 2
    With Items: 18 (He wears the Ring of Human Influence!)

Alignment?

Chaotic neutral maybe?
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @Heindrich1988 - I'd put Bruce Lee's strength a bit lower. He was strong, but not as strong as a horse! (Horses in D&D have 17 str IIRC).

I would also up his dexterity past 18. The man had supernatural speed. Back when he was alive and filming, the directors had to ask him to slow down as the cameras frame rate could not catch his movement!

I would argue it that he had read a couple of Dexterity +1 tomes!
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    VikingR said:

Arnold Schwarzenegger (Barbarian)
    STR ... 18
    DEX ... 18
    CON ... 18
    INT ... 9
    WIS ... 8
    CHA ... 17
    Yup, that bastard's minmaxing ...

erm...many people don't give him much credit, but Arnie is much smarter than you'd think when you regard him just as a hunky actor. He was actually a millionaire before he even started to act. I'd opt for around 14 INT instead.

Anyway, hopping on the bandwagon :
    Capt Malcom Reynolds (Nathan Fillion in Firefly) - Human Swashbuckler
    STR ... 13
    DEX ... 16
    CON ... 15
    INT ... 13
    WIS ... 10
    CHA ... 17
    TheGraveDigger
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited September 2013
    Adolf Hitler (1944)

Str: 13
    Dex : 8
    Con: 8
    Int: 10
    Wis: 7
    Cha: 20

Suffering from a disease that reduces all stats by 1 every 4 months.

Under the effects of a permanent Friends spell, due to coaching received during Imprisonment for participation the Riots, as well as Personalty Cult efforts after release and rise to power.
    CrevsDaakAristillius
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Godwin!

Anyway, I think 13 strength is a bit much. 9/average, maybe 10.
    Battlehamster
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    Audie Murphy AKA - The "Real-life" Captain America

Who Was He?

When Audie Murphy applied to the Marines in 1942 at the tender age of 16, he was 5'5" and weighed 110 pounds. They laughed in his face. So he applied to the Air Force, and they also laughed in his face. Then he applied for the Army, and they figured they could always use another grunt to absorb gunfire, so they let him in. He wasn't particularly good at it, and they actually tried to get him transferred to be a cook after he passed out halfway through training. He insisted that he wanted to fight though, so they sent him into the maelstrom.

During the invasion of Italy he was promoted to corporal for his awesome shooting skills, and at the same time contracted malaria, which he had for almost the entire war. Try to remember that.

He was sent into southern France in 1944. He encountered a German machine gun crew who pretended they were surrendering, then shot his best buddy. Murphy completely hulked out, killed everyone in the gun nest, then used their weaponry to kill every baddie in a 100-yard radius, including two more machine gun nests and a bunch of snipers. They gave him a Distiguished Service Cross, and made him platoon commander while everyone apologized profusely for calling him "Shorty."

About half a year later, his company was given the job of defending the Colmar Pocket, a critical region in France, even though all they had left was 19 guys (out of the original 128) and a couple of M-10 Tank Destroyers.

The Germans showed up with a shitload of guys and half a dozen tanks. Since reinforcements weren't coming for a while, Murphy and his men hid in a trench and sent the M-10s to go do the heavy lifting. They got ripped to shreds.

Then, this five-and-a-half-foot-tall kid with malaria ran up to one of the crippled M-10s, hopped in behind the .50 cal machine gun, and started killing everything in sight. Understand that the M-10 was on fire, had a full tank of gas and was basically a death-trap.

He is a seriously tiny man.

He kept going for almost an hour until he was out of bullets, then walked back to his bewildered men as the M-10 exploded in the background Mad Max style. They gave him literally every medal they could (33 in all, although he had doubles of a few, plus five from France and one from Belgium), including the Medal of Honor.

After the war, he came down with Shell-Shock, and was prescribed the antidepressant placidyl. When he became addicted to the drug, rather than enter a program like some kind of sissy, he went cold-turkey, locked himself in a motel room for a week and got over it. He wrote an autobiography entitled To Hell and Back, and later became an actor.

The Best Hollywood Could Come Up With:

Audie Murphy (Audie Murphy) from To Hell and Back:

He is a seriously tiny man.

In To Hell and Back, Audie Murphy plays Audie Murphy, a bad*** war hero who proves his worth on the battlefield with his awesome bad***ery. The movie was the highest-grossing film Universal made, a record it held for 20 years until the making of Jaws. That's right, they actually needed a movie about a giant, man-eating, shark to top Audie Murphy's awesomeness.

Why it Doesn't Compare:

When some Hollywood producer wanted to make a movie based on Murphy's autobiography, he was determined to have Murphy play himself in the film. Murphy was afraid people would see the complete insane awesomeness the story had to offer, and think he was embellishing or trying to cash in on his fame, so he actually had them take parts out for fear that they wouldn't be believable to a Hollywood audience. Seriously.

Class:
    40+ Fighter (Each Medal = level-up)
    2 Bard - Wrote a book

STR: 12
    DEX: 19
    CON: 19 - Immune to disease
    INT: 14 - Wrote freaking books.
    WIS: 18 - Willed his psychological problems away
    CHA: 18 - Movie Star

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy_p2.html#ixzz2fBV6t3YE

In other words, move over Chuck Norris. You are nothing.
    MathiasCrevsDaak
  • NOTE: Stats are D&D 3rd, i do not know the normale 2nd ed stats for dragons
    Draco (from the movie Dragonheart)

Male Mature Adult Dragon (Brownish), Aligment: Neutral Good, Hit dices: 24

STR: 35 (He is able to lift an entire cart and two humans for multiple hours while flying)
    DEX: 8 (His flight style is a little bit clumsy, he got easily stuck between trees when hit by Bowen's net)
    CON: 27 (He endures much, though having only half a heart)
    INT: 22 (His first plan to play dead so Bowen keeps his "job" is cunning)
    WIS: 24 (He is a very patient and wise soul)
    CHA: 20 (He knows how to inspire fear into foes and inspire courage into allies)
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Admiral William Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
    Played by Edward James Olmos

STR: 15 (he looked like he was in pretty good shape in "Unfinished Business")
    DEX: 12 (he's getting older and a little slower)
    CON: 16 (he survived two shots to the chest at point-blank range)
    INT: 14 (good at making quick decisions, but not so much at thinking outside of the box)
    WIS: 16 (strong will, perceptive, insightful, and exceptional sense of judgment)
    CHA: 17 (strong personality; commands great respect and inspires loyalty and courage in his crew)
    CoM_SolaufeinAristillius
    Edward Snowden
    Race: Human
    Class: Dualclass IT Administrator 2 / Whistleblower 1
    Alignment: Neutral Good

STR: 12
    DEX: 11
    CON: 15
    INT: 18 (He knew how to evade the USA entirely after leaking PRISM)
    WIS: 18 (His insight compelled him to show how evil the NSA is)
    CHA: 15
    MortiannaKidCarnivaljackjackAristillius
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    He was the man. I would have followed him.
    Mortianna said:

Admiral William Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
    Played by Edward James Olmos

STR: 15 (he looked like he was in pretty good shape in "Unfinished Business")
    DEX: 12 (he's getting older and a little slower)
    CON: 16 (he survived two shots to the chest at point-blank range)
    INT: 14 (good at making quick decisions, but not so much at thinking outside of the box)
    WIS: 16 (strong will, perceptive, insightful, and exceptional sense of judgment)
    CHA: 17 (strong personality; commands great respect and inspires loyalty and courage in his crew)

Mortianna
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    edited October 2013
    Bob Munden - (superhuman)

STR 9
    DEX 22
    CON 5
    Int 8
    Wis 15
    Cha 17

Watch the vid if you got time, it's awesome in so many ways.

Actual measuring starts at 7:30 in the vid. (or check from 11:00 for sheer awesomeness. :)
    Isandir
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited July 2014

Batman (Bruce Wayne)
    Human - Lawful Neutral
    Fighter Lv. 8 / Stalker Lv. 10

STR 18/68 (A real brute. In the comics he have 1,89m and 95kg of muscle)
    DEX 17 (Very stealth and flexible. A real Ninja. But is topped by other humans, like Selina Kyle)
    CON 18 (He is able to jump from roof to roof all the night)
    INT 17 (Genius level. He reprogammed the auto-pilot for the "Bat")
    WIS 17 (World's best detective)
    CHA 13 (Reasonable, but not a leader. Works better solo)

Inventory
    -Nomex Survival Suit (AC 0): +25% Hide in Shadows; +30% blunt, missile, fire, cold and electrical resistance
    -Tumbler
    -Gadgets
    -$7.000.000.000
    Post edited by Vitor on
    CrevsDaak