Skip to content

Am i the only one bored with BG:EE atm?

I don't know if it's me only, but atm i'm feeling that is a pain to play BG:EE, i can't even see myself finshing a single playthrough, what to speak about all the five i intent before the release of BG2:EE. I was always a fan of BG2 more than BG, but the level of uninterest i'm developing for BG:EE is starting to scare me a bit.

Just feel the need of share this.
Night_WatchIllustairRedGuard

Comments

• Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    You're not alone. I've only completed the Black Pits. I haven't finished a single run in BG:EE and i've only started 2 since it came out (the second one i started a couple weeks ago and i haven't even gone to the Bandit Camp yet, the first one i got to the city of BG and just stopped. that was the beginning of this year.) i haven't even really delved into the new npcs i think for me the nostalgia of playing the game (vanilla, mod, or EE) is starting to wear off. i started playing IWD2 last week b/c i haven't beaten that yet (and i'm just hanging around Targos again, for the umpteenth time) and i'm hoping afterwards to get into PS:T again to try and finish that but i dunno. after 15 years of it, they're just more fun to talk about then to play. honestly, i'd rather be here in the forum reminiscing about days of old, laughing, and having a good time talking about the craziness of it all. it's cheesy i know but hey, it is what it is. we get older, the world turns, and on November 15 BG2:EE will come out. maybe things will start to look up for us then =)
    kamuizinIllustairsarevok57
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

... honestly, i'd rather be here in the forum reminiscing about days of old, laughing, and having a good time talking about the craziness of it all...

Exactly my thoughts.
    Wandering_Minstrel
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Yes. Yes you are :-)

Jittering jokes aside - my aberrant addiction to BG games also varies, but I always somehow wander back to the game sooner or later. Mods help. Also - new patch is on the way and BG2EE too. That might rekindle your interest, don't you think?
    JuliusBorisov
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I'm waiting on BG2EE too. At least I have more time for course work while waiting (not really, I'm a procrastinating panda).
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    If anyone can play one particular single-player game exclusively having memorised all of the content, and replay it over and over and over again, they deserve some kind of medal.

I don't know whether or not the medal comes with a particularly positive award title though.
    QuartzTJ_Hookermylegbigsarevok57
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Mathmick - "Too stupid to play something else" ?
    Quartz
    Southpaw said:

@Mathmick - "Too stupid to play something else" ?

I was thinking along the lines of "Most dedicated fan ever."
    Southpawsarevok57
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    I still haven't finished BG:EE yet. Waiting for the next patch and for the BG1NPC mod, then I'm going to get it going again with a fresh character ready for BG2:EE.
  • GaveGave Member Posts: 66
    Hi,

I intend to help you, here are the steps to take:

0. Pick a single ONE playthru you are most happy with, leave it in place. Ctrl X/C the others from the save folder. /so they cannot distract you/
    1. Turn off your computer for at least 8 hours.
    2. Take some time to actually rest.
    3. Get something to eat before you return playing.
    4. Forget emails, phones, whatever would distract you.
    5. Continue to enjoy the game.

Thats all.
    SouthpawkamuizinWandering_Minstrel
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Quartzsarevok57Aristillius
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Quartz said:

You could always ... play something else. :OOOOO

This. If you are "in pain" when playing BGEE play something else for awhile.
    QuartzJuliusBorisov
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I've played through 5 times, in addition to the countless times I've played BG1. If I wasn't a little bored of BG1 & EE by now there would be something very wrong.

BG2 however - never gets old.
    Aristillius
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Solo a bard with the stats you consider yourself to have in real life, and delete all but your most precious saves.
    That will make it interesting again.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]Quartz
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Try SCS. It has changed everything for me, really. While playing with SCS it feel's like a very "enhanced" game, everything I've known before SCS becomes more or less redundant, I have to think about new tactics, new ways to overcome enemies ...

A bandit camp with SCS is especially interesting and gives some "other" experience.

It won't be boring with SCS, it will bring back all the fun and even more.
    lunar
    I'm using atm SCS, Rogue rebalancing and tweak pack from CawDawg. It's the 9° game i start since my purchase of BG:EE (i only finished 2 since then).
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I'm kind of bored of it now. I just finished my 4th play through. I still have 3 more planned. I'm probably going to take a break from it for a while.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I'm eager to play it again, but the only class I'm currently feeling like playing is a Dragon Disciple, and cone weapons are still bugged. So I've been on hold since the last patch, and will continue to wait to play again until the new patch is released.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The alternative of course is that you could try your hand at making a mod for the game or an NPC. Personally I'm in the process of learning Weidu to create a BGEE/BG2EE NPC for the game. :)
    MortiannaShin
    i'm a bit lazy for that, gonna try learn it again, but then, it will take time until i'm able to do something palpable.
    elminster
  • Edwin_OdesseironEdwin_Odesseiron Member Posts: 226
    kamuizin said:

I don't know if it's me only, but atm i'm feeling that is a pain to play BG:EE, i can't even see myself finshing a single playthrough, what to speak about all the five i intent before the release of BG2:EE. I was always a fan of BG2 more than BG, but the level of uninterest i'm developing for BG:EE is starting to scare me a bit.

Thanks for sharing that, we're all richer for the experience. "BG bores me so I'm going to post on a BG forum about my boredom of BG."
    Quartz
    Wow, apparently i really hurted Edwin feelings in Have your say on a popular topic a new begin.

A shame he was banned, he was pretty pretensious, agressive and offensive, but then that really resembled Edwin Odesserion to me and i always had the felt that he unconsciously roleplayed his avatar to the perfection (except for the brackets and assimilations to monkeys).

Well a shame, but let's move on :)!
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    After a few run throughs/solo run throughs of BG:EE, I've been playing a heavily modded BG 2 game, (overall folder total comes to about 5+ gigs worth).

It's like a new game again :) Created my own party in multiplayer; Human Jester, Half orc beserker, gnome ravager, sorc, halfing archer & half elf shifter. Combination of these added difficulty mods and playing on insane difficulty setting should keep me going to the release of BG 2: EE.

I tried changing up my party, with weapons which I don't usually use, for example; Crossbows/dual wielding morning stars/halberds, etc. I think BG 2 could still keep me entertained through many play-throughs to come.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    do the 75 stat no reload challenge

:)
    JLee
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I probably should be bored but I'm not.

I probably should be bored but I'm not.

Wish i could do that in BG, BG2 is so much hard to get bored than BG that it's really a shame, i really want to make my end saves for import in BG2.
    JLee

kamuizin said:

Thanks for sharing that, we're all richer for the experience. "BG bores me so I'm going to post on a BG forum about my boredom of BG."
    This is how developer forums work. Are you new to these places?
    Quartz
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470

I'm a procrastinating panda).

C-C-Can I pet you?

I've recently had to get a new computer so all my old saves are gone....So since I've preorder the second one I'm doing a quick run just so that I can have characters to import. I really wished I had the save with that squishy monk in my party. But I don't want to go through that hell of having that in my party again.