Skip to content

Why I am furious:

13»

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @AndrewFoley
    I appreciate your humor (and I'm sure a lot of other people do as well), but I wouldn't want to discourage people from voicing their concerns.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Hey everyone--

I want to apologize for my previous post. I've got a killer migraine going and it's clearly negatively affecting my judgment. What was intended to be a bit of absurdist fluff degenerated into flame territory. I shouldn't have let it happen and will try to avoid similar lapses in the future anywhere but the Don't Ask Me Anything thread, which was created specifically as a place for me to exercise poor judgment.

If Dee or one of the other mods wants to spike the entire post, please do so with my blessing.

Sorry again.

A
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

I want to apologize for my previous post. I've got a killer migraine going and it's clearly negatively affecting my judgment. What was intended to be a bit of absurdist fluff degenerated into flame territory.

@AndrewFoley

So, just to get this straight, you are apologising for the mock "flame war" that followed your post, but not for making fun of the OP, an unsatisfied customer with legitimate concerns?

Even with the disclaimer in your avatar, you're still a member of the BGEE team, shouldn't you be more careful than the average Joe about the content of your posts?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Erg said:

I want to apologize for my previous post. I've got a killer migraine going and it's clearly negatively affecting my judgment. What was intended to be a bit of absurdist fluff degenerated into flame territory.

@AndrewFoley

So, just to get this straight, you are apologising for the mock "flame war" that followed your post, but not for making fun of the OP, an unsatisfied customer with legitimate concerns?

Even with the disclaimer in your avatar, you're still a member of the BGEE team, shouldn't you be more careful than the average Joe about the content of your posts?
    Or what, they'll fire him?

(that's a good point, you know, they could fire him for joking around on an internet message board)
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    Iwas workin CIA special ops in Chile and ate tons of Palta (avocados) 24/7 so cheap and good...

yeah but I too am still miffed no Android version- I actually bought a NExus just casue I thought around a month or two later the android version would come out.... here we is maybe like a year later no android... I still take cool pictures of myself at cafes wit hot pizza waitress though so I am not that mad... but yeah they should patch so you can have more than 1 fianl save otherwise I am (or was 10 years or so ago) always like no no ok I got to reload now after my fighter finished - yeah I have to reload at the save I made in bg1 at the temple door than win- than use THAT new final save to play with my paladin- real important as there seemed to be a vital mystical continuum that was somehow compromised if you just imported from a close to last save... https://www.google.co.kr/search?q=palta&espvd=210&es_sm=122&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=oLNCUoSbFMfjkAX63YCoAQ#es_sm=122&hl=en&newwindow=1&q=palta+with+chile+girl&tbm=isch&um=1&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=4N3Uc11iuRnR1M:;VHnhE1h8BqXqsM;http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F_mh45gGdkYXc%2FTBWBfJHEsDI%2FAAAAAAAAARA%2FQzHi_aBDeIQ%2Fs320%2FIMG_9016.JPG;http%3A%2F%2Fkali-islandlife.blogspot.com%2F;298;320
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    Erg said:

@AndrewFoley

That's the thing. That's exactly what I pointed out in my post.

The OP DOESN'T have a legitimate complaint. He doesn't because things don't happen in a vacuum, the need context and he isn't applying any context to his complaints. Or rather he is but is just dismissing that context as "developer lies".

There are legitimate problems with BGEE still outstanding. And there are legitimate issues with how Beamdog/Overhaul work as a business.
    Neither of the OPs points are legitimate problems.

So why should he apologise for being irritated at the dude for basically calling him and his friends at Overhaul liars? I honestly don't blame the guy for getting pissy.

However he wasn't apologising for the flame war, he was apologising for his post when he shouldn't have made it.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited September 2013
    @fitscotgaymer

The legitimate complaint I was referring to is the framerate drop when AOE spells are cast. It may not affect you, but you cannot deny it is real and affecting several other people. The fact that they are working on it doesn't make it less real and until the patch is released this complain remains legitimate. I believe some people may even be eligible for a refund because of it.

However he wasn't apologising for the flame war, he was apologising for his post when he shouldn't have made it.

It doesn't look like that to me. Maybe he, not you, should clarify what he really meant.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited September 2013
    @Erg

I didn't deny that the game has bugs and issues that could be genuinely discussed, but honestly the guys post didn't take anything into context when he was complaining which was my point.

Considering the dev dude's exact words were "I apologise for my post." there isn't really a whole lot of clarification required. But if you wanna pick over the guys post to find something to be offended about on ya go. Can't stop ya. Just not clear on what more you want from the guy.
This discussion has been closed.