Skip to content

Phase I: Save Game Compatibility Test (COMPLETE)

Comments

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    So it has begun.... Great!

I have only one save and outside of Candlekeep, I don't think it's good for the beta testing.

Keep on the hard work!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    alnair said:

Dee said:

1. Save Game Compatibility Test: 0/500
    [...]
    Once we have tested 500 saves we will move on to testing hardware compatibility.

@Dee, is that 0/500 meant to indicate (by means of being edited in) how many savegame you guys have tested already?
    Also, will you please let us know when you've received enough zip files to test?
    Yes; as we test saves I'll update that number so that people can see how far along we are.

Once I have 500 saves in my inbox, I'll post something here to let people know they don't have to send anymore. Of course you're still welcome to at that point anyway, but we'll have reached our goal.
    Necdilzor said:

So it has begun.... Great!

I have only one save and outside of Candlekeep, I don't think it's good for the beta testing.

Keep on the hard work!

We can test any save; it's important to have a variety of them, even if your game is fairly early on.
    Necdilzoralnair
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    Necdilzor said:

So it has begun....

elminsterNecdilzorAendaeronBluescale
    This is great, everybody; keep them coming.

Another note:

Please don't send any more Auto-Saves, Quick Saves, or Final Saves. We have some already, and those are fine, but it'll make the work go a lot faster if the saves don't share the same names.

Thanks!
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    @Dee Ok! Just sent it ;)
  • AodenAoden Member Posts: 65
    Sorry, but what about russian localization in this patch?
  • SouldancertnSouldancertn Member Posts: 45
    Sent one in!
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Sent Out few minutes ago ,
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited September 2013
    Are all steps going to include the community somehow?
    Messi said:

Are all steps going to include the community somehow?

Yes. We'll give more information on subsequent phases as we reach them.

The count in the first post of this thread has been updated a few minutes ago, and it's steadily rising. Keep the saves coming!
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    edited September 2013
    Thanks, Dee. I had a really bad last two weeks. I had moved and somehow screwed up my Ameren account. And I had to come up with back-pay for my old apartment that I thought was turned off for the last 4 months.

It was hell, but I knew when my electric was hooked back up I could look forward to seeing some news, or maybe even a release of 1.2. I guess there's still some work to be done, even though we all heard (possibly) there would be a mid-September release.

Could I get a link from someone to the official confirmed 1.2 patch notes? I would appreciate it very much. I only know of the bug fixes, and a resolution change or something? Would like to read it.

~Ascerion

(Edit) I sent you an e-mail, Dee. But it's just a chapter one save. I deleted my half-orc that was really far.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    What if we added override files to uncap the experience and level? Will that be valid for the save test?

What if we added override files to uncap the experience and level? Will that be valid for the save test?

It won't. We're testing the unmodded game, so unmodded saves are the ones that will be useful.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Aaaand sent:) Don't remember of which stage of the game this save is, because I played several months ago (still waiting for the patch:)).
  • happyf1rehappyf1re Member Posts: 5
    So why are you ignoring questions about russian localization? We are all waiting for it i think since february... Please throw us some words of hope =)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    happyf1re said:

So why are you ignoring questions about russian localization? We are all waiting for it i think since february... Please throw us some words of hope =)

What does this have to do with the topic at hand? I suggest you go to http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/20476/ask-us-anything-volume-3#latest , which is a forum specifically for that sort of thing.
    elminster[Deleted User]TJ_HookerFredjo
  • WierdoomWierdoom Member Posts: 15
    Sent five off to you.
  • mfr001mfr001 Member Posts: 43
    Do you want saves from a Macbook? The "save" folder seems to have a lot more in it than the PC version, mainly .are files.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Ascerion said:

Thanks, Dee. I had a really bad last two weeks. I had moved and somehow screwed up my Ameren account.

Man I read that as "I had a really bad last two weeks. I had moved and somehow screwed up my American accent." somehow until I did a double take

mfr001 said:

Do you want saves from a Macbook? The "save" folder seems to have a lot more in it than the PC version, mainly .are files.

Yes, Macbook saves are good too. Just attach the folder for the save you're sending.
    Dee said:

mfr001 said:

Yes, Macbook saves are good too. Just attach the folder for the save you're sending.
    Hope that worked!

I hope the compatibility test makes it's saving throw.

Ouch!

• MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    Are you accepting Black Pits saves?
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    edited September 2013

I hope the compatibility test makes it's saving throw.

And no critical miss, please! (If you do get a 1, just use a cheat card or a reroll from any other game... Like Munchkin or Chez Geek! hehehe...)

I would love to help, sending saves, but my games are SOOO modded that I won't even think of it! So I'll have to wait for the second and third phase where game testing will stand... There, I may be able to help! And since I don't play Baldur's Gate in multiplayer, well, I'll probably miss phase 4...

Good job people!
    Musaab said:

Are you accepting Black Pits saves?

Yep!

Name the zip file "Black Pits Save", just so we know what we're looking at when we load it.
    On another note, we've just hit 50 successful tests. 450 more to go!
    alnairElectricMonk
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    Can you please explain what's the point of save games testing?
    I'm just curious, no criticism intended)))
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    Sent, and sent.

I am 1/500th of the solution, not the problem.
    alnair
This discussion has been closed.