Skip to content

Phase I: Save Game Compatibility Test (COMPLETE)

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Skydog We want to make sure the upcoming patch won't break anyone's savegames. We hate it when game patches mean you have to start a new game, so we wanted to avoid that. :)

To everyone asking about the translations, yes, we are aware they are yet to go in, and we'll have news for you when there's news. :)
    SkydogKhailkaguana
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Dee said:

Name the zip file "Black Pits Save", just so we know what we're looking at when we load it.

Nice: that alone doubled my contribution to the save game pool :)
    Dee
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    psyact said:

Sent, and sent.

I am 1/500th of the solution, not the problem.

Nobody's part of the problem. Some entities might be though.
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    @LiamEsler
    But with some fixes it will be better to start a new game (so that they are like "seen" in the game - that monk guy Rasaad class change comes to mind), won't it?))

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

psyact said:

Sent, and sent.

I am 1/500th of the solution, not the problem.

Nobody's part of the problem. Some entities might be though.
    Most of my problems in life I blame on the Q. That's just me, though.
    elminsterkaguanamlnevesepekirt
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    edited September 2013
    Oh course! Q said it himself!
    "One creature's torment is another creature's delight."
    :)
    However, in our case, I blame it on Boo! :) Q... Boo... It sounds the same... I wonder if they are related somehow...?
    elminstermlnevesepekirt
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I would gladly help out, except that all of my saves are currently either xp uncapped and/or modded to allow dual/multi class characters to change armor appearance, so I'm afraid I can't submit any saves. =(
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    sent! :) and like this is my first post on this beautiful forum I would like to thanks everyone is working on this amazing project! I love BG, so guys thanks to you all!
    my save too is xp uncapped, I hope it works for you.
    @Skydog Yep. :)
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    LiamEsler said:

@kimmuryiel Mod compatibility is something that mod authors or maintainers have to implement; there's not a whole lot we can do in that department.

Given I'm the one updating the BG1NPC project to BGEE, though, I can say stay tuned.

let me know when it's compatible, please :D my sister's waiting on that to play BGEE for some reason >_>
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    What about multiplayer saves? I'll send whatever I have to help! I'll probably roll a new save file tonight just to send in to help :)
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    I love you @Dee!

(Just thought I had to make it more personal that the faceless "we love you Dee")

Anyway, just to be really sure, I wanted to ask, if save games with custom portraits (for NPCs as well as for the PC) and save games where I used to console to create an item or to modify the current XP of the chars (haven't removed XP cap!) count as well or not? If answer is "yes", I'm sending you like 10!

Cheers!
  • MagikGimpMagikGimp Member Posts: 30
    Only just learnt about this so have just sent my latest save. I'm roughly half way through the game as I've been waiting patiently for the patch to come out before I continue. Now that I check how things are getting on I'm frankly surprised at how much work is required to get this fix out. 500 saves seems a heck of a lot to get through considering only 60 have been done since development resumed on BG:EE but if that's what needs doing, that's what needs doing. I simultaneously admire the dedication to the game but worry that things will take so long that funds will dry up to be able to pay you guys to get this over and done with so you can crack on with the rest of your lives (BGII:EE of course!) ;P
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    So I guess the question I must ask myself is, how quickly can I complete BG:EE 500 times?
    @MagikGimp The BGEE and BGII:EE teams are separate -- we're both working at the same time. Time spent on BGEE is not taken away from BGII:EE and vice versa.
    elminsterKhailalnair
  • LavarunnerLavarunner Member Posts: 4
    another 1/500 from me .
    : )
    Is it 1 game save per user? Can I send multiple saves from different in-game locations/story points etc..?
    @Lavarunner Send as many as you have!
    If you send additional saves, please send them in separate emails. That'll be easier for us to keep track of.

And by us, I mean me. :)
    Jairyanna
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    I'm a little curious about how the save game testing works. Do you just check if the save loads? Do you play the save for a few hours? Do you open the save, then save again?
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    Thanks, it's very interesting to hear how this works. And it makes me feel better knowing that testing 500 saves doesn't mean 500 play-throughs for the development team :-)
    nsr said:

Thanks, it's very interesting to hear how this works. And it makes me feel better knowing that testing 500 saves doesn't mean 500 play-throughs for the development team :-)

We'll get there, don't worry. ;)
    Khailkaguana
  • I happen to be in the middle of the Cloakwood mines and my game is completely unmodded, would that be an acceptable save to be used for this Beta?

I happen to be in the middle of the Cloakwood mines and my game is completely unmodded, would that be an acceptable save to be used for this Beta?

Absolutely!
  • MordrayMordray Member Posts: 6
    Only send one. Just formated my pc so I only have one save file :(
  • KhailKhail Member Posts: 9
    Just loaded up twenty saves, Boo and Minsc stand hopeful!
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Thank you for the extra updates. We are happy to help.
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    Vortaka said:

Q... Boo... It sounds the same... I wonder if they are related somehow...?

My never-failing powers of deduction tell me that Roddenberry must have written the Baldur's Gate script.
    pekirt
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    LiamEsler said:

@kimmuryiel Mod compatibility is something that mod authors or maintainers have to implement; there's not a whole lot we can do in that department.

Given I'm the one updating the BG1NPC project to BGEE, though, I can say stay tuned.

If this means what i hope it means i will worship you for life.
This discussion has been closed.