Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @DarkDogg
    DarkDogg said:

Could you do the same pic, but with the skull, please? :-)

Sure, here you go. :)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Syntia13 said:

@revan299s

revan299s said:

Hey everyone.
    I'm hoping someone might be able to do something with this one.
    Neera?

It sure looks like her. This is a rush job, but it looks good enough if you don't start to wondering too hard where the hell the light source is. (And hey, with her magic, it might be coming from random spheres of energy, right? ;P
    I think I might start using it as Neera's portrait from now on. :D
    I'd certainly be more interested in her romance if she looked like this...

(Feeling somewhat shallow)
    I don't think it's necessarily prettier than the original portrait, but I think it captures her personality (innocence and naivety) a lot better.
    edited September 2013
    I recently came across this alt Kivan portrait on another forum:

I like the "vengeance-driven" look in his eyes, but I felt the "glow" around him was a bit too bright, so I darkened the skin a bit (which I think also makes his eyes stand out even more) and use these as my Kivan portraits.
    imageimageimage

EDIT: I just found out that the original alt portrait was created by own own VaultDweller96.
    These were originally alt Jaheira portraits that I found somewhere (possibly on this site?). I edited her left (screen right) eye a bit to move it closer to the middle of her face (I always felt her left eye was too far to the side of her head).

imageimage
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @SharGuidesMyHand
    I really like the way you edited Kivan's portrait. @Sophia must see it - if I am not wrong, she is a Kivan's lover :)
    Syntia13 said:

Well, since I'm here and I need to unwind some RL-related stress(es), I might as well mess with some of the recent requests, seeing as pic-manipulating calms me down.

If that's the case, perhaps you could just retouch this picture slightly to give it a "Baldurized" look?

I'm basically looking to create a female version of Kivan.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    There's some fantastic artwork on display over at the offical GoT Tumblr page but this one by Lusie of Jaime Lanister has a real 'Baldur's Gate' feel to it...

• AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    Going adventuring... must make sure lipstick matches fingernail polish!
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Indeed!
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    Yeesh I wouldn't agree there Magic, not a fan of that kind of fantasy artwork, just seems so outdated.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @Magic88255 Those are pretty retro! Not necessarily a bad thing, as I have a soft spot for 1980s fantasy works. That takes me back to my early Warhammer and Magic: the Gathering experiences.
  • AleksandrAleksandr Member Posts: 3
    Corvino said:

@Magic88255 Those are pretty retro! Not necessarily a bad thing, as I have a soft spot for 1980s fantasy works. That takes me back to my early Warhammer and Magic: the Gathering experiences.

i'm with this guy

Kilivitz said:

@SharGuidesMyHand I liked this pic so much that I've had to try my hand on it. Here's the result:

Proper portrait files are attached.

Great job, thanks!

My only regret is that I have but one "like" to give for this picture. ;-)
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    Cronatos said:

I've spent some time building a collection of portraits. Since there are so many, and I would likely use so few, I decided to be very picky about which I added. And, I might as well share them I think. These are my top 12 that I've found.

First 5 I found from this thread/forum, that I'll also upload in this post for completeness:

imageimageimageimageimage

5 are from the Magic 2013 game:

imageimageimageimageimage

1 is the Fallout:New Vegas poster boy:

And the last I found while wandering the internet. Original source is here, I think: http://nekro.cgsociety.org/gallery/902122/

imageimage

@Cronatos
    Holy moly! Your assassin pics are great! Please don't take them down from the fileholding site...I want to use these this winter break :P

Wow..I'm stunned, especially the hooded one with the mask. Just great. Do you just resize them for smaller portrait too?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Ghostowl That fourth one in the first set is from the book "The Questing Road" by Lyn McConchie.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Questing-Road-Lyn-McConchie/dp/0765322110
  • CronatosCronatos Member Posts: 44
    As I said before, the first five were originally uploaded by others on this forum. I could have trawled through this thread to find and link them, but putting academic-level effort into a casual image-sharing thread didn't seem right.

In any case, while I'm here, I'll link the small versions of the portraits, since many of them don't look so good if they're simply shrunk. I didn't do so before because I found it quick and easy to do it myself, but I know some people can't/won't bother.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @jackjack
    So, that portrait being so bad has been bugging me, and I tried again. It's not brilliaint, but I hope it makes up for having to look at the other one. If you have a better res. pic with correct diminsions, I think I could do better. image
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    I wonder if anyone has a better portrait of Kivan, that doesn't look strange or scary?

I want it to be in keeping with the Baldur's Gate style as well (its why I dont like the new selection of portraits, they look like they belong in IWD not BG).

Thanks.
  • mibblesmibbles Member Posts: 31
    @jackjack

I had a go at making you a portrait. Hope it's to your liking!

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

I wonder if anyone has a better portrait of Kivan, that doesn't look strange or scary?

I want it to be in keeping with the Baldur's Gate style as well (its why I dont like the new selection of portraits, they look like they belong in IWD not BG).

Thanks.

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=4831 this is from Kivan mod for bg2? It is a nice portrait. (The first one, the second looks ridiculous wth those ears)
    Syntia13 said:

@SharGuidesMyHand

Would someone here perhaps be kind and/or adventurous enough to Baldurize this pic of Victoria Justice? Perhaps adding a bow or a sword into her hand? Thanks very much in advance.

Then I made this portrait, which I rather think I'll use for Safana in my game. She wears a Ring of Princes and The One Gift Lost because her jewelry was too perfect fit not to go for it. :

And finally, for those who prefer a brunette and a magic user, I did this:

The lightning wand emanates only a very faint glow, so it doesn't reflect on her face. ... Okay, so I didn't feel like re-doing the entire face to include the new source of light. I'm a bad, lazy portrait tweaker. *hangs head in shame*
    I know you did these a while back, but is it possible you still have a version of either one saved that doesn't yet have the knife or wand in their hands? Thanks very much in advance.
    This picture was posted in the "Aerie/Jaheira lookalike" thread.

Maybe someone here could apply their artistic talents to it?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited September 2013
    I did this. Quite simple, she is already wearing something that looks like leather so I don't have to paste armor on to the pic. Made her ears and eyes a little more elvish, and gave her dual katanas. image
    If her hair was turned white she would make a good neera.
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    edited September 2013
    LadyRhian said:

@Ghostowl That fourth one in the first set is from the book "The Questing Road" by Lyn McConchie.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Questing-Road-Lyn-McConchie/dp/0765322110

@LadyRhian
    Thanks! Is it worth reading? Have you read it?

EDIT: I looked at it and I meant the 2nd one (the one with the assassin hood and the white mask) lol. Not the 4th. But informative nonetheless
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @ghostowl I enjoyed the book. I also have a thread of portrait posts, now over 14 pages. (I feel like "OVER 9000!"). It's under the Fan Creations thread. Enjoy!
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Would anyone happen to know the source image for this portrait:

It's from old BG2 pic collection, but the quality is so low already it's hard to make BGEE portraits from that. :/
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418

Here's a quick and dirty "baldurizing". I'm no great shakes at this but it came out decent I think:

imageimageimage
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598

beautiful girl.
    She reminds me of someone.. Can't really remember her name. Someone from France =)
This discussion has been closed.