Skip to content

Phase I: Save Game Compatibility Test (COMPLETE)

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    @Dee Your post was kind of ambiguous. First you said:
    Dee said:

If your save happens load correctly and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it, then it's fine, even if it's from a modded game or if you've edited it extensively with EE Keeper.

Then you said:
    Dee said:

we ask that you only send us saves from a clean install. Official hot-fixes are acceptable, but they are the only exception.

So do you you want saves that load fine but was edited with EEKeeper or not?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    He means that edited saves are no good because if they don't work, they waste time figuring out whether the problem was caused by the game itself or by EEKeeper's changes.

Unless I'm wrong, of course.
    TJ_HookerNecdilzorDee
  • KedricKedric Member Posts: 6
    I'd like to contribute a couple of saves.

I'll send one that is fresh out of Candlekeep, saved at the Friendly Arm. And I'll send one that is a multiplayer game, set at the start of chapter 5, and saved in Baldur's Gate.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Awong124 No EE-edited saves, for the reasons Dee mentioned. :)
    Awong124
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    @LiamEsler Thanks. I have 36 saves, but all Keeper modified at one point or another.
  • CliforClifor Member Posts: 1
    Will the patch be made available for those of us who purchased through Steam - or is that a negatory?
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    Do saves using custom portraits count as modded? If not, I have a few saves to send :)
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    I only read to page 2, spare me fire and brimstone if this was asked and answered, but are you looking for 500 saves from individual people or just 500 saves?

Also, can I just start a new game, save it with a unique name, and send it in to you, or must I progress to a certain point? (Totally willing to do that).
  • NarcissistNarcissist Member Posts: 65
    Clifor said:

Will the patch be made available for those of us who purchased through Steam - or is that a negatory?

People who purchased from Beamdog will get the beta. The people who bought from steam will get the patch when the patch is ready for release.
    TJ_Hooker
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Jairyanna said:

Do saves using custom portraits count as modded? If not, I have a few saves to send :)

Custom portraits are fine.

I only read to page 2, spare me fire and brimstone if this was asked and answered, but are you looking for 500 saves from individual people or just 500 saves?

Just 500 saves.

Also, can I just start a new game, save it with a unique name, and send it in to you, or must I progress to a certain point? (Totally willing to do that).

Saves from later chapters are preferred.
    Jairyanna
  • SquallSquall Member Posts: 13
    Submited, it was my manual save just before entering the building for the final fight. Keep up the good work, I'll try to help whenever I can.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I got BGEE a little while ago and after running into a few immersion-breaking bugs I decided to wait until after the patch. Seems like the status is nicely split up into subsections, however, how long do you estimate each subsection to take? I assume you just have a script to check the savegames, so that can be finished rather quickly, but what kind of information do you need from the community to test the hardware and core gameplay aspects?
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Interesting. That sounds like something that may foster RSI/CANS...
  • marrowjmarrowj Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2013
    posted in wrong thread
    Post edited by marrowj on
  • SnoopyMDSnoopyMD Member Posts: 23
    So I am to assume that this upcoming patch will remove the need of hamachi for mp games etc?
    Honestly can't wait for this upcoming patch it is great to see you guys working on it so hard.
    Also quick question, will you add an option to import portraits more practically instead of doing it manually?
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    I cant wait for that patch my self, i know the dev team has received its share of criticism in the past fair or unfair but in the end i think the result will be well worth and we ll all be happy :) and thank you for putting up with our comments all this time.
    Necdilzor
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @SnoopyMD Yes, the intention is that you will no longer need Hamachi. We are doing MP tests that are looking good.

Portaits is another thing we are looking at. Won't be in this coming patch, but some of us also use custom portraits and want the share feature for those too!!!! So stayed tuned on that.
    AdulSnoopyMDNecdilzorStarflower2525
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Cuv I'd love to see in-game custom portrait sharing implemented! I'm glad you guys are looking into it.
    CuvFlashburnStarflower2525
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    wow, 450 already! in less than 3 days... very vey good... :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    ^ So true
  • SnoopyMDSnoopyMD Member Posts: 23
    Cuv said:

@SnoopyMD Yes, the intention is that you will no longer need Hamachi. We are doing MP tests that are looking good.
    Awesome one of my friends wanted to buy BGEE for a while to co-op it with me but he hates hamachi so this is good news for him. Thanks for the reply.
    Portaits is another thing we are looking at. Won't be in this coming patch, but some of us also use custom portraits and want the share feature for those too!!!! So stayed tuned on that.

Sweet since I like drawing my own portraits for my self and friends etc. this is definitely a feature I look forward too!
    Thanks for taking the time to read and respond once again :)
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I've got a bunch of saves from later in the game I'd like to submit, but I don't know whether they're valid or not.

I haven't edited them with EnhancedKeeper but I am using a couple of mods which are simply sitting in my override folder, nothing like WeiDU or anything.

-XP cap remover (I don't have the HLA's installed though)
    -Drizzt's proper attributes (5 attacks instead of 10 most notably, amongst other things I forget)
    -Proper Dwarven attributes (I think @Jalily made this one, where it fixes the big CHA penalty)

Would these be acceptable?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited September 2013
    From the original post:
    Dee said:

Do not send modded saves or saves from modded games; they will not be tested.

The Dwarven fix is a hot-fix and therefore acceptable; the other things can potentially break things and therefore are not.
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    What is the date estimate for Phase 4 completion?
  • XanarXanar Member Posts: 96
    Sent you an early chapter 4 save. Apologies for the double-send, but outlook acts oddly sometimes. Good job on the speed at which you are completing this phase!
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    Also, will this patch fix the Journal entries?
This discussion has been closed.