Skip to content

Phase I: Save Game Compatibility Test (COMPLETE)

Comments

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    That should be made clear to avoid unnecessary complains.
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    Jalily said:

Also, will this patch fix the Journal entries?

Yes, but not retroactively. E.g. if you currently have an open quest entry that should have been closed already, installing the patch won't change that, but it will be closed properly when you reach that stage in a new game.
    I have not yet fully played BG:EE because of these bugs. :P

So I do not have any games waiting to play. I'll start a fresh one with the new patch. :)
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    There's no quest entry that absolutely breaks forward progress. IMO there's no reason to delay enjoying BGEE because of buggy quest entries.
    Avenger_teambg
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    If you're here to ask a question about the next patch, and not about the current process going forward, it may be better to simply post in the "Ask us Anything" thread in the general forums.

forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/20476/ask-us-anything-volume-3
    TJ_HookerKilivitz
  • ChetChet Member Posts: 64
    I just sent 10 e-mails with 10 saves. I have over 50 so I can send in the rest if it will help move things along. (I very rarely overwrite a save game and I have played through a couple of times.)
  • wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    edited September 2013
    Sweet! Thanks for letting us get in on the action.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Yes! Next stop: Hardware testing! :D
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    I can't wait new UI running in my 60' LCD TV panel ,
    Fredjo
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    edited September 2013
    I don't think playing BGEE on 60 inch LCD is a good ideas.Cause u can't play this game with a joystick.
    edited September 2013
    Of course , it is not good idea , but play it in the final battle ,it is still enjoyable
    Post edited by darrenkuo on
  • latecomerlatecomer Member Posts: 2
    Too long we have been waiting for a Chinese pack.
    Wikkid_Suhn
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    Amberion said:

' is the universal symbol for foot. " is inch.

Which means he's playing on a stadium display.

OK,a IMAX stadium,hah
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Hooray for enough saves! Sorry I couldn't contribute, I compulsively EEKeep all of my games and didn't have a chance to start a new one.

Are we to understand that Step 2 will begin once those last 50 saves are tested, or are you already 500/500 and waiting on something else?
    Flashburn
    It's Sep.29 8:52AM at Edmonton, Sunday developer may need take some relaxations today,
    alnair
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    coulndnt send saves to test, but I will contribute with step 2.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Dee said:

This patch is huge; make no mistake. There's a reason we're jumping from 1.0.2014 to 1.2.

I don't suppose there's any chance of a peek at the patch notes? Well aware that they are not final of course.
  • DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    So now it's time for the hardware testing phase? Is that PC and Mac only?
    I guess that's going to take quite a long time, especially given how many devices just flat out didn't work with it last time (integrated chipsets etc)?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Well, they haven't actually said that they're done with the save compatibility phase, merely that they have all the saves they need. They could still be busy testing all of those saves.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    @TJ_Hooker They tested 450 out of the intended 500... I guess phase 1 will be all but done by the end of tomorrow :)
    TJ_HookerMusaab
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    @Dee
    What kinds of things qualify as "funky business"?
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    @Dee you should email the owners of the saves to make sure that they're not modded in any way. Some people might have missed the "no EE-keeper" policy about saves, for example. :-)
    ermoJairyanna
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    E-mail all the 500 e-mails? This is not a productive use of time. Besides, mods bring new strings in the game, strings detectable with Enhanced keeper and other tools the devs probally have, so they probally can differ a modded game from a vanilla one.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Is there a changelog for the patch for us the read already?
This discussion has been closed.