Skip to content

In which part of Faerûn would you like to settle down?

2»

Comments

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Huh... no one wants to live in Southwest Faerûn? Surely didn't expected that.
    I always thought that their dinosaurs would enjoy a certain popularity amongst players. :/

"Not the mama! Not the mama!"
  • BarzarelBarzarel Member Posts: 25
    I went with Northwest due to Waterdeep and my fond memories of Eye of the Beholder :) back in the days.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Icewind Dale. I'll spend my time in Dorns Deep.
  • leddyhsleddyhs Member Posts: 54
    I'd love to spend my life building optic fibre networks for the Nashkel / Beregost area.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    God said:

Everywhere... nowhere... and also beyond. Usual stuff.

Astral Plane?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Come to think of it I'd build my summer cottage somewhere on the Great Glacier, which naturally lies in the northernmost part of Northern Faerûn. The ruins of the ancient giant kingdom Ostoria should proof to be most fascinating from an archaeologist's perspective.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349

Ched Nasad, definitely. The Drow rule supreme!

okey.. you spawn as a human... good luck have fun ;D
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    First Choice: Eveningstar in Cormyr, where the Tressym hang out and the Lord is a woman named Tessaril Winter. (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tressym)
    Second Choice: Waterdeep. (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Waterdeep)
    Third Choice: Candlekeep.
    Fourth Choice: Halruaa. (Everything is done with magic! Indoor plumbing! 1/3 of the nation is Wizards. Most of them are NOT evil! http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Halruaa)
    Fifth: Possibly the Dalelands- maybe Shadowdale if I got to work with Elminster (even if he is a dirty old man!).
    Sixth: Baldur's Gate.

Not the Underdark as a human if I can help it. Not really fond of sand or Deserts (Or phaerimm), so no Anauroch. Thay- no way. Amn is too mercenary. Cormyr is well-run and would be nice. Failing that, a nice city and/or Library. Maybe the Edificant Library after Cadderly took over. (Temple to Deneir). Otherwise, too much chance of death by monster for someone my age.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited September 2013
    I've finally made a choice (all this time the thread exists I've been deciding...)

In 1987, when TSR published the first Forgotten Realms boxed set, Kara-Tur was briefly described as the easternmost end of the continent of Faerûn.

So, I like Kara-Tur, especially Kozakura.

The land of Kozakura is full of beautiful mountains, thick forests and sparkling seas. The majority of the inhabitants live on the main island of Shinkoku, but there are nearly a thousand islands surrounding it.

No one knows when the first humans arrived in the islands of Kozakura. The Korobokuru, who had inhabited the islands for ages, keep no written records. Their oral tales are filled with stories of
    their heroes battling foreign chiefs and gaining wondrous and rare gifts. The Korobokuru themselves maintain that the humans came from over the sea. Humans have no recorded history of this migration.

According to the chronicles of various temples and monasteries, the islands of Kozakura were the creations of one or more gods, of which Shinkoku was first. There is no agreement on which gods
    were responsible, but a general consensus maintains that it was Izanagi "Heavenly Brother" and "Izanami" Heavenly Sister. The Korobokuru believe the world (and thus the islands of Kozakura) were created by one of the Animal Spirits—possibly the Bear God or the Eagle Goddess. All agree that Shinkoku has been the home of the gods for untold millennia.

Gradually, the other islands came into being. Tenmei was created when Heavenly Sister was banished from Shinkoku by Fierce Wind Son. Hinomoto was created when Heavenly Brother declared his retirement and Mikedono was created accidentally in the war between Fire Bright and Fierce Wind Son.

The Korobokuru were the first settlers of the islands and their stories tell how the islands were given to Poinpeyuan, a great hero of their race, as a gift from the gods. The Korobokuru could keep the islands so long as they paid proper reverence to the gods and obeyed special taboos. Later stories tell how the Korobokuru people broke these taboos and the humans came to take the islands away. Recorded human history begins with the accounts of several powerful family tribes. Each tribe controlled a small portion of Shinkoku and constantly struggled with the other tribes and the Korobokuru for more territory. Then, the Akimatsu tribe presented the claim that its tribal chief, Mori, had been chosen by the gods to lead all the peoples of Shinkoku. Several miraculous events occurred that helped substantiate his title as emperor.

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @bengoshi Kara-Tur isn't part of Faerûn. It's another continent entirely (although the continents Faerûn, Kara-Tur and Zakhara all share one massive landmass). The Hordelands at the easternmost parts of Northeast Faerûn, which has a certain Mongolian ambient to it, is pretty much the closest location you can get near Kara-Tur.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Im Amn or Calimsham
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    I could grow old and happy in Candlekeep.
  • Mithral Hall, Harpers, Jerrod's Stone, Targos, Kuldahar! DEFINITELY :D
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013

I could grow old and happy in Candlekeep.

Beats growing old and angry :)

Now that I think about it if I absolutely had to settle down it would probably be in Beregost.