Skip to content

Phase I: Save Game Compatibility Test (COMPLETE)

123457»

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Dee said:

No changelog just yet; I'll bring it to the headsmen to have it chopped into something tangible.

Thank you :)
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    Badmass said:

Email the few problematic saves is what Vintrastorm said.

That's what I meant. :-)
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    What disappoints me is that some phases were typed down, but there is no instructions anywhere on how to contribute. I see people saying they uploaded save games.

Can we know what for?
    What are they planning to do with?
    How can I upload mine?
    Where to?
    What is the point of it?

Some info would be nice... rather than just guess... :\
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @ThunderSoul
    In the first post of this thread is a spoilered section of text. If you expand that spoilered section, you can read all there is to know about Phase I. We're now in Phase II.
    elminster
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    My first impression whit BGEE 1,2:
    The problems whit the widescreen option is disappeared!
    The new UI is very great and the trasparency effect is very, very beautiful.
    Many other small changes who i appreciated...

The only things is the lack of the subtitle, in Italian, on the trailer. i was hoping to see it included..

Good work!
  • apenneyapenney Member Posts: 5
    Can't believe I missed a whole subsection of the forum while compulsively checking for news about the patch. Glad to see things are moving and that all the players are loving it so far!
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    edited October 2013
    wrong thread :P
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...I will wait for the changelog... while the beta downloads. Then, the squeaky wheel will get the kick!
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Are there going to be in updates to the beta client between phases?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Thunder said:

Are there going to be in updates to the beta client between phases?

Yes, we'll be updating periodically as we fix issues people report. For Phase II, though, the things we're fixing are just the issues related to hardware. Once we hit Phase III, then we'll start in on some of the gameplay issues.
    alnairThunderNecdilzorermo
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2013
    edit: wrong post, sry
  • CrawleyCrawley Member Posts: 74
    Just a quick question: is the interface still going to get improved. I am specifically referring to the interface bottom icons: they have an ugly thin bar above them when text window is minimized/maximized.

also IMHO the interface would look much better if each button was a separate entity instead of being filled into border with blank spaces between them.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Crawley said:

also IMHO the interface would look much better if each button was a separate entity instead of being filled into border with blank spaces between them.

I think the layout of the action buttons represent the layout of the function keys (F1-F12) on your keyboard. It's easier to know which key corresponds to which button this way.
    alnairSkagnetiermo
  • CrawleyCrawley Member Posts: 74
    edited October 2013
    @Adul Naah, I am not writing about this. I just mean a graphical overhaul. In the beta there is clearly a border around the buttons (including empty space not occupied by them) which just does not look good. When the conversation window is normal size, the top bar is not visible, but the lower one is (not much of a problem). Now, in case you use the maximum or minimum size window, the top bar is visible and looks plain awful and imho should be corrected. I don't have access to the game ATM so I cannot screenshot this.

Also I noticed I've posted in the wrong thread. Can some mod just move this discussion?
    Adul
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Well, I'm just happy that a phase is done and we're moving closer to patching!

After the testing, there'll be a patch.
    (the patch is a lie)
This discussion has been closed.