Skip to content

Phase III: Quest Testing (721 / 721)

Comments

• SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    edited October 2013
    On level 2 of Durlag's tower, talking to Durlag right as he's casting his dimension door spells leads to him freezing in place and not leaving.

More specifically, it's the third time he casts a spell after he says: "Mmm, Islanne. Your hair is down, my love..."

Even MORE specifically, the spell he was trying to cast was "fireball", right before he turned into a Greater Doppleganger.
    Durlag's Tower is complete. Just going to do the were-wolf island now, then the last few chapters.

@Dee, you should be receiving a full run-through report shortly, with everything done!
    Noticed a bug. If you speak to Fenton regarding Ankheg culling after you've already done Gurte's quest, the entry remains in your journal and you can't speak to her (because she's no longer present in the game).
    Another bug: similar to Dorn, if Rasaad is turned to stone, then stone-to-flesh'd, he speaks to the charname as though he's being removed from the group. This actually means he walks off camera and can't be recovered.

Given that two of the new NPCs do it, might be worth checking Neera too.
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    Actually, I recruited Rasaad and then removed him from party promptly. Then, when I try to recruit him again, he goes on a loop, as if I removed him from party. I don't care much as it's Rasaad but nevertheless.
    Completed it--did every quest, as much as I could, but I can't submit the form. It says Bad 400.

I guess I'll keep trying?
    So @Dee, am I the first person to do every single quest in the Beta? :D
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    @Sasayaki

Nice job :)
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    This has probably been brought up before, but playing through after having seen the conversation on the colour coded system for spells written in your spell book made me notice something. When right clicking on spells regardless of whether they were shown to be written in your spell book or not I saw that the option to "write spell" was always grayed out. I could still click on it and it would give the usual responses of "that spell is already written" or write spells that weren't.

I can't help but think, wouldn't it be simpler if the "write spell" option was simply grayed out and made unclickable for spells already in your spell book?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @RedGuard
    That issue was found shortly after the update; we're looking at solutions now.
    @Dee Thanks. I expect as much. Though I'm wondering if my alternative to the colour coded system is viable. Would making the 'write spell' button simply unavailable be doable?
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    edited October 2013
    @RedGuard: Use the line 'Program Options', 'All Learned Spell Info', '1', in your Baldur.ini... It should be at 0, just change it to 1 and the button will simply vanish when unavailable! Pouff! :)

(Instructions given by Dee http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/374096/#Comment_374096)
    @Vortaka Thanks. That seems simple enough. Seems like it would just be simpler to have that than the colour coded system imo.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    You still have to right-click on the scroll to see the difference, though, and that's not an option while shopping.
    Maybe it should only show up in the shop menu then.
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    edited October 2013
    Well, a secondary question (one that I understood anyway) was how to make the write button vanish when unavailable... Except for the color that I, like some others, find a little too "toxic" green, I LOVE the feature that unwritten and written spells are different colors... I fully support it! In AND out of shopping menus...

Note: I would like to know however if the thing is moddable (and maybe file concerned too)... Being moddable, everyone could use a color he/she/it would like! (I use the "it" because, who knows, Boo might like this game too!)
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Boo is not a "it"! Right Boo?
  • fritzlfritzl Member Posts: 12
    Hi! I am in nashkell now, when the patch is out, do I have to start again from candlekeep? Thanks!
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    edited October 2013
    fritzl said:

Hi! I am in nashkell now, when the patch is out, do I have to start again from candlekeep? Thanks!

the dev team tested the save games compatibility, and the results are very good.
    I wouldn't worry too much because by the time the patch is released, your current playthrough will be
    over and you can start a new one using version 1.2
  • fritzlfritzl Member Posts: 12
    thank you very much!
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    So basically 1/4 of the quests have been deemed successfully tested as of yet? The rest 3/4 are not yet tested successfully enough times or are faulty?

Will there be a test run with the specific tests that were fixed after all quest are tested and fixed?
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Sasayaki said:

Dryad Falls:

Ingot attacked me on sight (reputation too high?), otherwise everything worked great.

He does that if you clear the Gnoll Stronghold first, but I don't know if you did.
    @Wilbur, I did clear the Gnoll Stronghold. That explains that.

@Vintrastorm, I did a complete playthrough of the beta, including every quest I could. My results are earlier in this thread.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    @Dee very minor thing about the people kidnapping ogre mage in the sewers. In the past you needed to take a ruby ring found nearby back to Scar for extra reward, but seems like you guys added specific item for this called Sashenstar's Ruby ring. The thing is that old plain ruby ring is still there too, so now you get two ruby rings for the price of one. ;)
    I didn't know that Messi. Neato!
  • greckoboygreckoboy Member Posts: 33
    So sorry if it's been reported before (I only checked the list of known issues), but bumping into Kissiq and picking the first option when speaking to him gives you the quest "Madness Most Fowl" even after you have already restored Melicamp (I ran into Melicamp and went on to finish his quest before meeting Kissiq). I suppose there should be an option to say you've restored the chicken already, or the journal shouldn't add the entry OR Kissiq should just not appear.

I also have a slight issue with Ludrug the Gnoll who asks you for the toll. If you challenge him to a duel he'll target the "strongest character", which appears to be the character with either the highest level or the most XP. But it doesn't take into account multi-class characters; both my charname and Jaheira had much more total XP than Imoen, but because Imoen is a single class character Ludrug goes charging after her, which is...weird.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    There's something weird going on with this shield:

Either it's named incorrectly, or the stats are wrong. The item code is SHLD07, and I got it as reward for the Tremain's Son quest.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited October 2013
    @Messi I think it's the stats that are wrong, unless EE intended to enhance the shield (in which case the name is wrong).

In vanilla the shield was a Large Shield +1, with an extra +4 against missiles.

EDIT: Hence, STATISTICS should say:
    - Armor Class: +2, an extra +4 vs. missile attacks
This discussion has been closed.