Skip to content

What Legendary/Unique weapons do you want to see in BG3?

I am talking about any from books or any that you have heard of from other D&D game, what would you like to see?

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Not a specific weapon, but I miss whips in BG. In Neverwinter Nights, I had a whip using Blackguard.
    Illustair
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited October 2013
    How about a portable hole? I've heard of them, but have no idea how you'd implement one ingame.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Holy Hand Grenade on Antioch!
    onanKidCarnivalCoryNewbElendar
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    Bone Dagger of Bhaal +5

A +5 withering blade that returns to the wielders hand when thrown. It can also be used as a melee weapon.

I think it is only appropriate that this weapon should be available at some point in ToB.
    Sikorsky
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited October 2013
    Corvino said:

How about a portable hole? I've heard of them, but have no idea how you'd implement one ingame.

There's already bags of holding. So, if you introduce portable holes, someone will want to make an Arrow of Total Destruction.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-h2glqJOvca0/UYHCbqCeNoI/AAAAAAAAJiI/ujPBZXEQAwc/s640/tumblr_mm4ars3PoP1qi28m7o1_1280.gif

Or, a new way to kill off unwanted NPCs... "Here Khalid, take the portable hole and the bag holding and walk over there. Yeah, that's it. Now, can you put in the portable hole in the bag of holding?"
    KidCarnivalfujisan
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223

Holy Hand Grenade on Antioch!

That is pure overkill even by TOB standards.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I'd be OK with the holy Hand Grenade, provided that there was only one and that there was at least one Rabbit of Caerbannog with an unlimited use 'Save or die' 'go for the throat' attack. And that the Grenade was a rare item and difficult to find.

Or how about some boss enemy dual wielding Bastard swords Stormbringer and Mournblade?

On a more serious note, I kind of hope that any potential BG3 game does not continue your already 38+ level Charname and instead resets back to level 1 or has you create a whole new character. In that instance, there really is no need for Legendary/unique weapons.

Certainly, there really isn't any need for the ones that are written about in literature. I am sure the creative geniuses can come up with some stuff on their own.

Just my personal opinion.
  • KoyoteKoyote Member Posts: 89
    Head of Vecna...
    Corvino
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I'd like to see the Wroth bastard sword from Icewind Dale 2 make an appearance. Its flavor text mentions a set, the axe Hateful and the armor Furious, but neither appear in the game. Include the whole set!
    EudaemoniumKidCarnival
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    @the_spyder I agree. The Bhaalspawn story is over and I'd prefer we open the book at a new place and start fresh from level 1, with a few nods to what transpired before.

I would rather not see famous artifacts transplanted into the world as well. A subtle reference in the flavor text is okay but putting the One Ring as is into BG is just weird.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    A glowing pink hammer just lying in the forest would be a nice easter egg.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Obviously Boo is the most powerful weapon in the realm. After all, it is a miniature giant space hamster.
    CoryNewb
    Koyote said:

Head of Vecna...

I want the fuzzy purple slippers of Vecna. That would be the best.

EudaemoniumXerxesV
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    The sword of greyskull.
    EudaemoniumKidCarnivalthe_spyder
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    Carsomyr & Wandering Sky :D
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I wouldn't mind seeing what Lilarcor's been up to.
    lolien
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    Tongue of Noober.
    Permanent vocalise and casting speed bonus would be cool.
    etaglocKidCarnivalEudaemoniumJonelethIrenicus
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I want the Equalizer.
    It's a decent weapon and just really really really really like the name.
    How about more sentient items? Lilarcor is fantastic and has enough personality that many people automatically equip Minsc with it.

Having another intelligent/sentient/posessed item would be pretty cool, regardless of its usefulness ingame.
    jackjack
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    Corvino said:

How about more sentient items? Lilarcor is fantastic and has enough personality that many people automatically equip Minsc with it.

Having another intelligent/sentient/posessed item would be pretty cool, regardless of its usefulness ingame.

The problem is they get so damn annoying after a few hours. Lilarcor was an awesome weapon, but useless as I couldn't stand listening to it.

That said I would like to see The Sword of Snarkiness. It does 1d8 +3 damage to an enemy's self esteem. It can also result in the enemy leaving the fight and calling you a gay newb.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Troll Sling +3 - You use it on a ranged char who you want to have the best trololol.
    edited October 2013
    "The portrait of @LadyRhian"

"A portrait in oils, framed in gilt with a small brass plaque giving the artist's name. It is always perfectly rendered but every time you look away the person, garb and pose in the picture changes. You have seen dozens of faces of every race imaginable, male and female. Occasionally the figures are skimpily dressed and accompanied by ironic captions on the plaque"

The item has no ingame use.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Koyote said:

Head of Vecna...

I think Vecna's using it.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Amberion said:

Koyote said:

Head of Vecna...

I think Vecna's using it.
    Not for long!
    KidCarnivalJonelethIrenicus
    but then you wouldn't have the head of Vecna... you'd have Vecna... since he's a demilich...
    EudaemoniumKidCarnival
    For some context on @Koyote's "Head of Vecna":

http://www.blindpanic.com/humor/vecna.htm
    LOL. I had forgotten that story. It's been a while since I had read it. it strongly reminds me of the Gazebo incident.

http://www.dndadventure.com/html/articles/gaming_stories.html
  • Cowled_wizardCowled_wizard Member Posts: 119
    lilacors cousin, of course
    BaldursCat
    No, no, his brother, the +12 Hackmaster.
    BaldursCat
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Godsbane