Skip to content

Poverty Run FINISHED!

2»

Comments

• XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    The prophecies spake true. Here stands no less than a god. Bravo.
    elminsterlundgrnnjackjack
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Congrats :)
    lundgrnn
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Brilliant
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    ...Absolutely monstrous amounts of cheese. I am appalled.
    enneractCrevsDaak
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    Jesus was a cheesemaker?
  • MarkyMarky Member Posts: 7
    Congratulations, that was awesome!
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Congrats. Sounds like you've indulged heavily in cheese and masochism. I recommend a full detox, and possibly a beer.
    Schneidendlundgrnn
  • lundgrnnlundgrnn Member Posts: 27
    Corvino said:

Congrats. Sounds like you've indulged heavily in cheese and masochism. I recommend a full detox, and possibly a beer.

Agreed! Taking any recommendations on beers that go well with massive ammounts of cheese.
    EudaemoniumJuliusBorisovlolien
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    There is a beer thread lost somewhere in the depths of the Off-Topic forum...
    lolien
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    @lundgrnn So how about Durlag's Tower?
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

Well, I guess you could beat the game with a potato as charname if your strategy is reloading until you get lucky. Congrats anyway.

New challenge: potato run
    FinneousPJ
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Potato run...SK a 1 in every stat, change class to Commoner, and change CHARNAME's avatar to a...shambling mound???
    nanoPibaroEudaemoniumCrevsDaak
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Heh... poor Sarevok, beaten by a potato. After all, potatoes and cheese go hand in hand.
    FinneousPJlundgrnnMarkyCrevsDaak
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Nice job. A difficult challenge no doubt, but it honestly can't compare to my 75 stat no reload/resurrection challenge :D

Give that a whirl if you dare - I'm still trying to beat the challenge :P
    FinneousPJSirK8CrevsDaak
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    Working on a poverty run in BG II

Cleric/Thief, being my favorite to play, was the first attempt. Fail!
    Not in execution but got to be too time consuming. Traps and Harm are only way a bg ii poverty run might be possible with a c/t.

BG should be easy enough though. Did it with an Avenger once and a c/t should be easier.

I think the only way a BG II poverty run might be possible is with arcane spells. Successfully ran a sorcerer through ToB. So now doing a run with a cleric/mage but am using scrolls that i find.

I have mp saves of all the ToB bosses and tried to run my c/t through all of those. Was kicking names and taking lots of but..... Then I hit the Ravenger save. Don't try this at home boys and girls.
    If i had the helm of simmy it would be a cake walk, without i am not sure it is possible.

Strangely enough I got the c/t through Mel three out of four times. Harm failed twice but I somehow beat her down with energy blades one of those times. After the first time I made her run away with her tail between her legs it was game over.

Anyway, poverty is the ultimate test, and i hope more people give it a try! -_-

lundgrnnJuliusBorisov
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    it might have already been mentioned but wouldn't a monk be the best choice for this kind of thing?

Working on a poverty run in BG II

Cleric/Thief, being my favorite to play, was the first attempt. Fail!
    Not in execution but got to be too time consuming. Traps and Harm are only way a bg ii poverty run might be possible with a c/t.

BG should be easy enough though. Did it with an Avenger once and a c/t should be easier.

I think the only way a BG II poverty run might be possible is with arcane spells. Successfully ran a sorcerer through ToB. So now doing a run with a cleric/mage but am using scrolls that i find.

I have mp saves of all the ToB bosses and tried to run my c/t through all of those. Was kicking names and taking lots of but..... Then I hit the Ravenger save. Don't try this at home boys and girls.
    If i had the helm of simmy it would be a cake walk, without i am not sure it is possible.

Strangely enough I got the c/t through Mel three out of four times. Harm failed twice but I somehow beat her down with energy blades one of those times. After the first time I made her run away with her tail between her legs it was game over.

Anyway, poverty is the ultimate test, and i hope more people give it a try! -_-

I think I'll bring this character over to BG2 when the enhanced edition comes out. I always likes that game more and I would like to see what she can do against stronger enemies with more abilities.
    lolien
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    Felspawn said:

it might have already been mentioned but wouldn't a monk be the best choice for this kind of thing?

Monk is hard to solo period in BG1, and not possible to to poverty in ToB. Ravager alone needs +5 or +6 weapons to hit, not sure atm, and fists only go to +4. Actually there are several bosses in ToB that need +5 or better to hit. Would be lots of fun though!

Give it a try lundgrnn. I would love to hear of your progress.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Congratulations, you made an awesome play through of the game, reminds me of (that time waaay back) my Swashbuckler/Mage Dual-class solo, I made like 2938293Billion reloads and finished lvl16 Thief, lvl 9 Mage (no XP cap was needed to succeed), but LOTS of cheese, bug exploit and awesomeness were the only similar things, I think I finished with 900,000 or more Gold Pieces :P What an irony, no?? It was my richest character in all my BG:EE runs :P!!!
    XerxesV
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2013
    Well, I started a Poverty Run yesterday, with a complete party, and named the group "The Five Stickmans (and the Monk, DUH)", now in Nashkel :D:D Its very funny.
    Party is composed by:
    Kensai
    Barbarian
    Thief (no kit)
    Priest of Helm
    Sorcerer
    Monk
    I will choose Enchanted Weapon (lvl4 Spell that creates a weapon that stay into existence for 24 hours, a +3 weapon :D:D) to kill creatures that need magical weapons to hit.
    XerxesVjackjacklolien
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2013
    This would be simple with a fighter / mage.

Use summoned weapons, polymorph, and armour spells.
  • LaflammeLaflamme Member Posts: 54
    As far as I know, we have done (or at least talked about doing) :

Theme party runs
    Solo runs
    Minimal reload runs
    No reload runs
    Poverty runs
    Potato runs

So what's the next challenge ?

Cursed items only runs ?
    Single magic school runs ?
    No magic runs ?
    No sleep runs ?
    No levelling runs ?
    No direct attack runs ?
    XerxesV
    Laflamme said:

Cursed items only runs ?

I've thought of that one. It would be fun I think.
    MetallomanFredjoCrevsDaaklolien
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    lundgrnn said:

Constitution - 18 (I'm not sure if shorty saves benefit from 18 vs. 16 con, but I figured it was worth it)

Non-fighter shorties DO benefit from the extra CON bonuses on their saves, it's just the extra HP they miss out on.

• MikeMike Member Posts: 65
    XerxesV said:

And you have to sleep outside. No inns.

This made me laugh. Could this also be called a "Bum Run?"
    DragonspearCrevsDaak