Skip to content

hiding in shadows while trap searching at the same time....

Why cant you hide in shadows and detect traps at the same time?

Comments

• AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    If you hide, then press detect traps, you will remain hidden for a short time. And this can be repeated of course.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Because both activities require concentration. How are you going to spot a trap on that tile in the brightly lit center of the room if your character is hugging the shadows along the wall?
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    you can

search for traps
    mage -> cast invisibility on thief

gg
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    zur312 said:

you can

search for traps
    mage -> cast invisibility on thief

gg

yeah thats what ive been doing....

• The_Guilty_PartyThe_Guilty_Party Member Posts: 44
    I agree that this would be nice to have. It's what I imagine a scout should be doing anyway. Look for traps, look for monsters, try not to be too noisy.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    You have about 6-10 seconds of invisibility when you switch over. It is enough time to detect a trap and walk away from it to rehide if an enemy is around. You also have these 6 seconds after disabling a trap to run away from a monsters view to rehide a second time.
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    i like the way nwn handled it..
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Although it has been many many years since I played vanilla BG1, I am almost positive that I was able to stealth around searching for traps on my FMT when I was doing a solo playthrough.

Perhaps I am just forgetting the micromanaging of clicking stealth button every 6 seconds.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Faydark said:

Although it has been many many years since I played vanilla BG1, I am almost positive that I was able to stealth around searching for traps on my FMT when I was doing a solo playthrough.

Perhaps I am just forgetting the micromanaging of clicking stealth button every 6 seconds.

Its possible you might have cast Invisibility with your mage side, which allows you to detect and disarm traps undetected with impunity.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Invisibility is also not broken by disarming traps, so 1 cast of invisbility (which lasts for ages) is enough to clear an entire map of traps while marking the position of all enemies on your map. You just need your thief's AI set to off or passive so they don't attack and become visible.