Skip to content

Game Update: v1.2.0

Comments

• KozakaiKozakai Member Posts: 4
    Kozakai said:

Could I report bug in this thread?
    I found a bug in Japanese language.
    The one character of end of line is not displayed normally.

I take screenshots of my display.
    Red characters must be displayed.

notkingThe_New_Romance
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Kozakai Thanks! logged #6734
  • RellinRellin Member Posts: 28
    I hope the patch comes tomorrow for Steam so I can play this weekend before going back to work.
    JonMarcxxsoulxxmetalmunki
  • JonMarcJonMarc Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2013

Glad to read you asked the publisher about it.

So ... what did Atari tell you?

"Greetings!
    Unfortunately, we do not provide direct support for this title. Please refer to Beamdog support for further assistance.
    At: https://beamdog.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Sincerely,

Atari Customer Support
    http://support.atari.com/"
    mackossunset00The_New_Romance
  • JonMarcJonMarc Member Posts: 17
    Yeah, I'm starting to think the first I will see of the BG:EE enhancements to UI etc will be in BG2:EE later this month. Luckily I have my 7/7 Cleric/Mage all ready to go medieval in Chateau Irenicus. There may be imprisonment, torture and hideous experiments but at least it takes my mind off trying to get support off of Atari. :)
  • YuweeYuwee Member Posts: 30
    Can anybody help me out please, I'm trying to find the font used in the image below:

image (This is the new sharper font)

Great stuff, keep up the good work guys!
  • KozakaiKozakai Member Posts: 4
    Coriander said:

@Kozakai Thanks! logged #6734

Thanks, Coriander.
    And I notice that the linefeed doesn't work in the journal.

The text of balloon is not displayed normally.
    Flashburn
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    Ugh... Getting frustrated beyond belief here.
    Still haven't got the game to run after upgrading. Merely an unknown error and POOF! :(

I do have an Intel graphic chipset but this has never hindered the game actually booting before.

HEELLP MY MINIONS!! HEEEELP!
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    @Kozakai
    Same thing happened in Chinese edition.
  • HixarHixar Member Posts: 7
    Imagine if we were all still playing the original BG1 Release, how much would that suck. I still have mine, there are 5 disc's, Mine was bought for me by my dad in 1999, i was 9. Twiddle your thumbs and wait, it could be a lot worse, disc 2 might be scratched. Cheers guys for the support and the upcoming update.
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148

Still haven't got the game to run after upgrading. Merely an unknown error and POOF! :(

I do have an Intel graphic chipset but this has never hindered the game actually booting before.

same happened to me, I solved this disabling compatibility mode AND setting the colors depth back to 32bit .
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Flashburn said:

@Dee
    I'm trying to enter a lobby in multiplayer, but whenever I connect to it, the game freezes and I have to terminate the process.

I'm having the same problem. Anyone got a solution to this?
  • Firkraag8Firkraag8 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Due to certain issues I've chose to hold off playing BGEE, but now I'll get right on it. Have been waiting for this patch. :)

(obviously this would be one of the few forums where Firkraag would be chosen already, having used the nick since 2001)
    sunset00
  • revanbhrevanbh Member Posts: 38
    Thanks for the quick and elaborate answer @Dee
    Will be patient. And never had ramen in my life. Not sure I can even buy it anywhere in this part of Europe. Would you settle for bolognese? Feel free to spend all the money from my BG2:EE purchase. :)
    Hixar said:

Imagine if we were all still playing the original BG1 Release, how much would that suck. I still have mine, there are 5 disc's, Mine was bought for me by my dad in 1999, i was 9. Twiddle your thumbs and wait, it could be a lot worse, disc 2 might be scratched. Cheers guys for the support and the upcoming update.

I have mine too. What a pain those games were to install. Place CD1, place CD2, place CD3, installation has stalled, try to remove any dust from your CD, it starts again and so on. BG2 was four disks plus ToB and PS:T (which I'm currently replaying - GOG version ofc) four. All still boxed and on the shelf but I wouldn't try to reinstall those bad boys today.

@Sylvus_Moonbow They said basically the same thing like they did to @JonMarc.
  • jmkarlssonjmkarlsson Member Posts: 30
    I have a question will this patch make it possible to run the game with an intel graphics card?
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

I have a question will this patch make it possible to run the game with an intel graphics card?

Yes it will.
    metalmunki
  • metalmunkimetalmunki Member Posts: 67
    edited November 2013
    JonMarc said:

Yeah, I'm starting to think the first I will see of the BG:EE enhancements to UI etc will be in BG2:EE later this month. Luckily I have my 7/7 Cleric/Mage all ready to go medieval in Chateau Irenicus. There may be imprisonment, torture and hideous experiments but at least it takes my mind off trying to get support off of Atari. :)

best thing I can advise, is everyone spam the crap politley message Atari on their twitter and facebook page, asking for the patch to be pushed through.

Remember, customer service emails are not public shaming. Facebook and Twitter are.
    Vintrastorm
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Dee said:

Dispel Magic has been improved

[/spoiler]

Could you be more specific about this spell fix? I didn't know it was broken in any way or needed improvement.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Got out of the hospital as an in-patient this noon, returned home and found out that the patch was already released. Lovely news!
    EudaemoniumCrevsDaaksunset00
  • revanbhrevanbh Member Posts: 38

JonMarc said:

best thing I can advise, is everyone spam the crap politley message Atari on their twitter and facebook page, asking for the patch to be pushed through.

Remember, customer service emails are not public shaming. Facebook and Twitter are.
    Just fired them a question on Twitter. Good advice. Thanks. They should feel my persistent nagging like Beamdog did on these boards. No need to exclude from the joy of being pestered by customers. :D
    devicemmetalmunki
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    I love the new UI, it's so beautiful that it almost brought tears to my eyes. Also, I finally got to see the starting movie without any stutter. ^^ The game itself however runs like tar. :( Casting spells makes it even slower. I never had any performance problems in previous versions of the game. Fortunately I'm going to buy new computer soon so this won't actually affect me much, I'll just have to wait for a month or so for my third playthrough of BGEE. :P
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Is anyone else having issues trying to install a mod that gives kits? I know one other person is having that issue. It has been posted in two other areas without any answer (granted it hasn't been long) but I'm going to post it here as well because it seems it's in direct correlation with the new patch that came out. Weidu installs the kits just fine without any errors whatsoever, but when the launcher comes up and I press play, an off white screen comes up and lists a bunch of errors about how there's no more room on certain 2da files and other such things. I am a beginner at modding so I'm unclear on how to fix this, although I will keep trying.

I'm hoping that someone can help me understand how or why this is happening, I can post a picture on the forums, but I kinda forgot how to post pictures directly into the postings. Any help on these issues would be very helpful.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    now with the new update i wish to ask some questions:

Bards can't dual class, any plans to change that in the future? Is it too hardcoded to be modded? If that's allowed it's possible to allow multi-class for bards as well?

Does bard basic song sum with the special songs of skald or skald's song substitute bards current song?

Any Chance of boost the Wizards Slayer? If not can that class be removed then and replace with something decent? If nothing else, make his magic resistance bonus per level (1% per level) be superior to monks magic resistance per level (3% per level).
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    @sylvus_Moonbow any ideas on how they're supposed to be update? Maybe with a newer version of weidu or are we supposed to change the tp2 file around? I'm honestly at a loss at what to do. Also, I have no idea where to find the sql file for kits, so I'm at a loss for that as well, and besides, what does that file even do? Would it cause harm to my game if it's gone?
  • MermidionMermidion Member Posts: 69
    Can someone who plays the German version please confirm if this patch is fixing all the "Missing strings" in the character creation?
    One thing i have to say about the patch, is that it's installation didn't removed the portrait mod i installed previously. Don't know about my other mods yet, gonna check it in time.
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    Saradas said:

same happened to me, I solved this disabling compatibility mode AND setting the colors depth back to 32bit .
    Compatibility mode is disabled. How'd you manage changing the games color depth without being able to boot the game tho?
    @Dee, after Patch bugs:

After kill shanks (the assassin in the upper house in candlekeep), the tutor that you meet when you leave the house didn't appear, that don't break the game but make it impossible to save in candlekeep due to an eternal person being in principle walking to speak with you.

Later i meet the tutor in the door of the inn, he spawned there instead of the proper place.

Firebead is also with some strange bugs when he become hostile in candlekeep.

Another bug is happening with Winthrop (the inn salesman), among his items, there's 2 probally mistook items displayed for sale: An club named "Stunning Blow", the description of the club is the description of the monk skill and an shortbow named "Enrage" with the same description of the Barbarian's enrage skill.

Attaching to this post my quicksave of that game and 3 screenshots.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @kamuizin
    Are you using any mods?
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    Hmmmm. . . .

"Improved Party AI"

I wonder if this means that I'll no longer get bow armed PC's charging forward to stab enemies with their arrows? Or my "tank" standing mutely as a friend gets butchered only feet away even when the "aggressive" script is set?

Downloading now . . . . . . . .

Patience set to maximum. :)
This discussion has been closed.