Skip to content

What do you think BGEE is still missing?

Comments

• EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @KidCarnival - Can't bring myself to get the lass killed. But seriously, who's bright idea was it to have Imoen go all soppy and deep and meaningful 3 times per map and every time you meet a new NPC.

I like the idea and it is a well made mod, but I think they went a little overboard.

I stopped playing before I got to Jaheira. I couldn't even imagine the sheer amount of nagging I would get coming from her direction. I'm sure I had a little vein popping out of the side of my head by the time I reached the Friendly Arm Inn.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    A seamless multiplayer and a hotfix for the freakish framerate issues

I'm still happy as hell with it regardless
  • ShadowdemonShadowdemon Member Posts: 80
    1) new creatures - I want my Gellatinous Cube ;)
    2) new spells
    3) more areas
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Agree with @Scooter. Along the same vein, I was hopeful that 1.2 would finally allow us to customize the action bar. I assumed this was a change judging by screenshots of the new UI, but it seems the buttons were just shifted around a bit.

Surely this would be possible? I mean, if my Cleric/Ranger never uses Turn Undead or takes off his plate long enough to enter stealth, why shouldn't I have two extra quickslots for spells? Why must my F/M/T be reduced to only a single weapon slot, making it infuriating to swap weapons regularly? And my non-wand-users have never needed all three potion slots, I'd kill to use those for something else.

The game is pause-able, so improved access to the skills I regularly use shouldn't be a gameplay difficulty consideration. I really hope this is possible and being looked at.
  • JnnJnn Member Posts: 34
    etagloc said:

PARTY BANTER!!!!!.. and pirates

And Xvarts. Needs more Xvarts.
  • @Madhax UI customization may not be possible, but there are a couple of workarounds available. For spells, it is now possible to keybind specific spells to hotkeys, so if you run out of spell slots on the toolbar, you can bind additional spells to keys you don't use for anything else (e.g. Stoneskin to "S").

For weapons, things are a little trickier. You can't add additional weapon quickslots to the toolbar, but you can mod the number of weapon inventory slots as of 1.2 using numwslot.2da. You cannot currently bind these extra slots to hotkeys, but there are hotkeys for "Equip Melee Weapon" and "Equip Ranged Weapon" under "Actions" in the assign keys menu. If you mod your F/M/T to have 3 weapon slots in his inventory and stick a dart into the third slot, it will not show up on the toolbar, but can still be brought to hand by pressing the "Equip Ranged Weapon" key if you have no other ranged weapons in your item slots.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    A function to increase the framerate (like in the original BG2 Config screen) to speed up the godawfully slow walking speed.

More dwarves.
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388

How about Hot Coffee, BG style? (not seriously)

Definitely. It's not incest if you don't know she's your sister. Star Wars thought me that.
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    Mule72 said:

I think it would be cool if there was some kind of official "No reload" mode.

this

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Dwarven cities.
    Drugar said:

A function to increase the framerate (like in the original BG2 Config screen) to speed up the godawfully slow walking speed.

More dwarves.

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Mummies...

Perhaps a pyramid. It would look great in an isometric setting...

Just saying...
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

How about Hot Coffee, BG style? (not seriously)

I'm down if it involves Safana and/or Viconia. (very seriously)
  • RnRClownRnRClown Member Posts: 182
    Bards in BGEE and BG2EE could benefit from becoming more accurate to their actual D&D counterparts. They kind of got shafted in Baldur's Gate in terms of their song implementation, their song benefits, and their two-weapon style mastery.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Would be nice to get some higher level spell slots, as well.
  • cervanntescervanntes Member Posts: 64
    The top five things on my list would be....

(1) Ability to select avatar appearance, or at the very least unique avatars for gnomes instead of just using re-using the dwarf avatars. The Gnome Illusionist in particular just annoys me too much, enough that I always multiclass my Gnome illusionists just to avoid that bald-headed dwarf-in-a-robe avatar.

(2) Definitely better AI overall. It's certainly playable, but too predictable and easy to abuse.

(3) A larger magic item selection, particularly with weapons. One thing that I've always found frustrating is that if you are a role-player or a true beginners who doesn't want to 'cheat' via spoilers, you can easily choose to train with weapons that ultimately are substantially sub-par compared to other possible selections, or worse, unusable after a certain point in BG and again in BG2 as creatures become immune to its maximum available magical bonus. At the very least, every weapon type should have a magical version from +1 to whatever the highest bonus needed for the game happens to be.

(4) Uncapping or otherwise modifying THACO so that AC doesn't ultimately become meaningless. Not so much a BG issue, but still something I have always considered a design flaw.

(5) Vanilla bard song worthwhile.

• 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    I'd still like a few more level 4 and level 5 spells.
  • chaosapiantchaosapiant Member Posts: 32
    I haven't read all the comments, so if it's been mentioned, please forgive me. But this series badly needs a quickload. It's a pain in the rear to cheese my traps by going "set trap->success, rest, monsters, re-load, set trap->fail, reload, set trap->success quick save set trap->fail *ouch! reload, etc"
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Anduin said:

Mummies...

Mummies are too powerful for the level cap in BG1, though. But there are a few in BG2.
  • I haven't read all the comments, so if it's been mentioned, please forgive me. But this series badly needs a quickload. It's a pain in the rear to cheese my traps by going "set trap->success, rest, monsters, re-load, set trap->fail, reload, set trap->success quick save set trap->fail *ouch! reload, etc"

There is a quickload, you just have to keybind it.

• BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    By default you quickload with "L" and quicksave with "Q"
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    etagloc said:

PARTY BANTER!!!!!.. and pirates

Everything is better with pirates...
  • chaosapiantchaosapiant Member Posts: 32
    Kaigen said:

I haven't read all the comments, so if it's been mentioned, please forgive me. But this series badly needs a quickload. It's a pain in the rear to cheese my traps by going "set trap->success, rest, monsters, re-load, set trap->fail, reload, set trap->success quick save set trap->fail *ouch! reload, etc"

There is a quickload, you just have to keybind it.

I looked through the key bindings and didn't see it. Huh. Thanks!