Skip to content

Game Update: v1.2.0

Comments

• mirceapuimirceapui Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2013
    Did this patch change some quests items to look diferently than regulars? It happened many times to sell a sword for example and i didn't know that sword was for a quest and stupid me forgot where i sold that item. You know what i mean?
    I think they should change that. It's so frustrating to have items and you don't know if some of them are for some quests and you are afraid to sell something.
  • mirceapui said:

I think they should change that. It's so frustrating to have items and you don't know if some of them are for some quests and you are afraid to sell something.

They are labeled, e.g. Joia's Flamedance Ring, Nester's Dagger, etc., so as long as you look before you sell you should be okay.
    Kaigen said:

mirceapui said:

They are labeled, e.g. Joia's Flamedance Ring, Nester's Dagger, etc., so as long as you look before you sell you should be okay.
    Perdue short sword wasn't labeled, was just a regular sword. I sold it and now i cannot complete the quest.

• iassoniasson Member Posts: 101
    edited November 2013
    @mirceapui
    Well a pitty for you then. Have you seen any other gnoll droping a short sword? It isnt that hard to figure it out. Same goes for ankegs and daggers.

Next thing you guys will ask for is a GPS so you can track down the quest. Those new era gamers...
  • ayunoayuno Member Posts: 42
    Which companion is the best thief in this game?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    ayuno said:

Which companion is the best thief in this game?

If you're like me and only use thieves to open locks and disarm traps (and pick pockets on occasion) then Imoen is quite good. Safana is also a decent choice because she's readily available. Or maybe Alora, but you get to her quite late.

If you want your thief to be a hard-hitter, then Montaron or Coran should do the trick. Coran is especially destructive with a bow.
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    single class thief is not that useful, that's why i consider coran as the best thief in the game. he has enough thieving abilities and thaco with bow comparable to single class warrior. I can say that you have two party members materialized in a single flesh
    Balquo said:

Perdue's sword is labeled and always has been - even in vBG. It's called Perdue's Short Sword.

Lol then it's my mistake i didnt noticed or didn't payed attention.
  • ayunoayuno Member Posts: 42
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the info guys. I want a thief with good bow skills cause thief/bow is for me the best combination so far. I think Safana is the best choice in that case isn't?

The thief should be also good in pickpocket and to open locked things etc.
  • MermidionMermidion Member Posts: 69
    @ Aeschylus Sounds good. My Half-orc Blackguard agrees.
    Would be very very evily ironic if you could do this in BG2 and trade Aerie to slavers.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    You guys drank too much Nuka-Cola.
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    or trade Minsc to get her wings back... :| stop her from being so sooky
  • MermidionMermidion Member Posts: 69
    @ Necdilzor i am more of a Sunset Sarsaparilla Guy.

@ Aeschylus her being Sooky is the main reason why i would like to trade her sometimes.
    mmm more a viconia fan myself...
  • RombieRombie Member Posts: 3
    @Dee Still no news on iOS update...?
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited November 2013
    Any news about next updates for BG:EE? Journal still have few issues, mostly with quest got from rumors (talking chicken, treasures in Firewine ruins etc). When you get them after finishing quest to which they lead it's impossible to get rid of them from journal. IMO they should go to journal tab, not quests tab.
  • revanbhrevanbh Member Posts: 38
    Aeschylus said:

BG needs slave trading... just saying... Then my evil blackguard can kick it up a notch and be like "I have this halfling thief called alora... how much" :D

Very reason why I love PS:T so much. "Hi there! I have here a prime specimen succubus, name's Fall-from-Grace, affordable, guaranteed to fulfill all your needs or your gold back.". :D

Don't blame me for being a slaver! This crusty grimoire told me to do it!

• metalmunkimetalmunki Member Posts: 67

Their names are different, and appear when you scroll over them.

Granted, after a battle with a number of Gnolls, who wants to hover over every Short Sword to make sure you don't miss the quest item for Perdue.

I think the thing to make sure (and this may already be the case), is that they don't actually drop unless you have the quest. It's easily scripted.
    If an item has a non generic name most people go "I might hold onto this" might miss out on the 60 gold and 250exp ;D
    edited November 2013
    No other Gnoll drops a short sword... Common people you just walk around mindlessly killing?
    Start paying some attention. Gnoll loot = Halberd.
  • metalmunkimetalmunki Member Posts: 67
    Aeschylus said:

If an item has a non generic name most people go "I might hold onto this" might miss out on the 60 gold and 250exp ;D

True, but the tooltip name doesn't come up unless you hover the mouse over and wait, or press tab. At first glance, it looks like an ordinary short sword, which is the problem.

edited November 2013
    @metalmunki
    sure it is an ordinary short sword, dropped by an ordinary gnoll, cause gnolls drop short swords :)
  • bardezbardez Member Posts: 41
    When you are in a store, the item's name is next to the item. You don't need to tool tip the item to see it has a special name.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Unique quest item icons sure are a slippery slope. We all know how it goes down: first Perdue's short sword gets a unique icon, then the next thing you know, Beamdog is selling XP scrolls in their store. :P
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Since @Dee seems to not to check the Ipad sub forum. What happens with this patch for IOS, please?
This discussion has been closed.