Skip to content

Game Update: v1.2.0

Comments

• DreadnaughtDreadnaught Member Posts: 92
    I attatched a DxDiag and sent it too Beamdog. They are going to look at it. Do you want it too?
    Dee said:

@Dreadnaught
    Are you seeing a particular error message before it crashes? Aside from the "a crash dump has been generated" message, I mean.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm the support guy, so I'll get it there. Thanks!
  • AlsnAlsn Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2013
    I have questions about the externalizations. Are those listed in the OP the only externalizations? I'm unsure about how to interpret what exactly has been externalized with regards to class restrictions. Are class restrictions fully modable now? So could I let's say create new multi/dual class combos? Or mod in say, monk or barb multiclass options? Or is it strictly which races can dual class, and which races can be which(already existing) class or combo?

(As an example, could I mod a druid/mage multi or dual class with the new externalizations?)
  • @Alsn It is strictly which races can access already existing class combinations. You can change who can dual class and who can access particular single or multiclasses, but you cannot enable new combinations, as those are deeply hardcoded.
  • AlsnAlsn Member Posts: 97
    Aww, that's a shame. Thanks for the clarification.
  • komonokomono Member Posts: 19
    @Dee
    Glad to see you are actually on the steam forum. I never noticed until today lol. Hopefully you get developper status on it so steam people notice it more that you guys are not ignoring them.
  • MalinkaMalinka Member Posts: 4
    There were a Russian and Ukrainian localisation's in beta version. I can't see them in the final patch. Where are they? I read some topics on this forum about it. As far as i know we have this localisations from PlayUa. Is there any problem with their translation? Or what is the stopper right now? And the main question - Will it be released and when? I don't want to get a strict estimation. But i really wish to know if it is available in this week, month, year.
    The Russian and Ukrainian translations are currently in beta; before we have a chance to test them, they won't be in the release version.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    edited November 2013
    Here comes feedback...

BGEE after last patch is pretty nice but i got few annoying issues, it happens sometimes however doesn't make game unplayable.

1. Problem with moving screen, i can zoom in and out but screen 'stuck' and i cant move it left, right, down, up...
    2. Game just 'freeze' for a second and then move on
    3. When i press TAB for too long and then stop, game still works like with pressed TAB, hp above heads etc.

It's not related with specific map, it happens everywhere.

Quicksave than load game fix nr 1 and 3.

BGEE for Windows, no mods installed
    My laptop: Intel Duo 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 1GB GEFORCE GT320M, Win7 64bit

• PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    Don`t know if someone already reported it but an old issue came back with this update: the door of the house near the Friendly Arm Inn doesn`t change to opened when you open it.
  • ayunoayuno Member Posts: 42
    I found a really annoying bug: After the battle sometimes the companion can't move and it's not possible to find a solution for this... i tried everything.

Here is a pic:
    Bilder oder Fotos hochladen
  • LokisamaLokisama Member Posts: 9
    sorry if this has been reported before but i found very odd bug if you press UP arrow to scroll the screen up when you are on the character status screen with portraits and all the other little info the game crashes at least for me
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    Ummm... Minsc doesn't have any weapon prof in my game... look at his weapons and it just has nothing ;/ poor Minsc
  • EyeStalkEyeStalk Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    1. The nice thing about this patch (aside from it's really good) is the characters move faster. Way faster. Which leads to a somewhat annoying thing, and that is combat is really fast. I mean *really* fast. My spacebar runneth over, actually. Is there any way to slow things down?

2. The War On Xvarts: I've killed hundreds, and the journal won't update (old issue), but do I have to start a new game for the journal update?

Thank-you!

Edit: Found a script bug:

Jaheira is set to Cleric: passive, yet she insists on casting Summon Insects when attacked. I apologize if this is in the list of fixed issues and I just didn't notice it.
    Post edited by EyeStalk on
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    EyeStalk said:

1. The nice thing about this patch (aside from it's really good) is the characters move faster. Way faster. Which leads to a somewhat annoying thing, and that is combat is really fast. I mean *really* fast. My spacebar runneth over, actually. Is there any way to slow things down?

Open baldur.ini and look for a row containing "Maximum Frame Rate." The game was designed to be run at 30. Lower the number to slow it down.
    EyeStalk said:

2. The War On Xvarts: I've killed hundreds, and the journal won't update (old issue), but do I have to start a new game for the journal update?

Thank-you!

Journal fixes require a new game if you've already encountered the issue.
  • EyeStalkEyeStalk Member Posts: 4
    Ahhh...Frame Rate. 20 makes things lovely. Thank you!
    Jalily said:

EyeStalk said:

Open baldur.ini and look for a row containing "Maximum Frame Rate." The game was designed to be run at 30. Lower the number to slow it down.
    EyeStalk said:

Thank-you!

Journal fixes require a new game if you've already encountered the issue.
    Dee said:

The Russian and Ukrainian translations are currently in beta; before we have a chance to test them, they won't be in the release version.

It says nothing new. When will we get them? How can i get beta translations?
    Malinka said:

Dee said:

If you bought the game through Beamdog.com, just send me an email with a title of "Beta Access", letting me know which version of the game you bought (Mac or Windows) and what your email address is for your Beamdog account.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Don't know if it's the proper place to report post 1.2 patch bugs, but then... I configurated my auto-pause to activate when an weapon breaks, now everytime the game pause cos... the ammunition is being breakable!! When i use an ammunition it is spend on the attack and by nature should disappear, however the game is rolling break chances for ammunition too, with an annoying spamm of Weapon ununsable on the screen.

Not a gamebreaking bug, but then it's not normal.
  • n00bodyn00body Member Posts: 14
    kamuizin said:

Don't know if it's the proper place to report post 1.2 patch bugs, but then... I configurated my auto-pause to activate when an weapon breaks, now everytime the game pause cos... the ammunition is being breakable!! When i use an ammunition it is spend on the attack and by nature should disappear, however the game is rolling break chances for ammunition too, with an annoying spamm of Weapon ununsable on the screen.

It is not a bug. Forcing the game to pause when you run out of ammo gives you the chance to pick another type of arrow, so you don't have to waste the magic ones by mistake.
    Dee said:

Malinka said:

Dee said:

If you bought the game through Beamdog.com, just send me an email with a title of "Beta Access", letting me know which version of the game you bought (Mac or Windows) and what your email address is for your Beamdog account.
    Done. But it's my second time i've sent you this email(i've hadn't any feedback for my first email). What do i need to do now(wait for an email, monitor my beamdog account for suggestion to be a part of beta or check for updates in the client)?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    n00body said:

kamuizin said:

It is not a bug. Forcing the game to pause when you run out of ammo gives you the chance to pick another type of arrow, so you don't have to waste the magic ones by mistake.
    It's not that, i'm not running out of ammo, the ammo is breaking at the impact somehow and thus the game auto-pause at each 5 to 15 attacks (for each character).
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2013
    -Sunfire no longer bypasses magical resistance

Wasn't Sunfire bypassing MR intentional since the first versions?? Now it isn't so much worth the lvl5 Spell slots, that was a hard hit for us power gamers ;(

-PageUp and PageDown keys now properly expand and contract the combat log

That's the best thing I've ever heard about the patch, now I won't complain because of the mouse's wheel zooming instead of moving the dialog window :)
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    power gamers use chaos :-) sunfire in BG1 wasn't that useful
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    mackos said:

power gamers use chaos :-) sunfire in BG1 wasn't that useful

You have to see how well it works in BG2, against Mind Flyers... No, really, just cast a "keymaped chain contingency" with 3 sun fires, see enemy, + Invisibility = All dead All dead! :P
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Slightly confused here about the sunfire contingency trick... I don't dual/multi if I can help it so that may be why I'm confused, but aren't Invis and Chain Contingency arcane while Sunfire is divine?

Anyway, I'm loving the patch so far (though I'll have to restart my Shadowdancer, which isn't that much of a loss as he was just heading off to Gnoll Stronghold)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Pokota said:

Slightly confused here about the sunfire contingency trick... I don't dual/multi if I can help it so that may be why I'm confused, but aren't Invis and Chain Contingency arcane while Sunfire is divine?

Sunfire is arcane.
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    luck ruins everything!!!
  • VII_outLawVII_outLaw Member Posts: 46
    required a patch to the game for subtitles and little journey bug.
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 228
    Yes, really thanks for this patch.

Now, with the new "externalised" files", kitsfrom mods becomes unselectables.
This discussion has been closed.