Skip to content

3 Days till BG2:EE! What will you do on the day of release? (apart from stare at a download bar...)

1131415161719»

Comments

• MinscandBooMinscandBoo Member Posts: 77
    How do you start the final download? I've just been launching my BG:EE desktop icon and it says preload complete and then loads up old news after a minute...
    GhanMightyBarbarian
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    People were getting logged out because of the crashed servers. At least I was. With the forum getting stable again, forum participation right now has risen to 75K online.
  • Infern0Infern0 Member Posts: 44
    It's off to work for me, fella's

I'll download and fire it up when i get back, hopefully the demand has slowed down by then

Don't forget to eat and stuff guys!
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    I had to actually click the "Preload Complete" text and it finally started downloading. I'm playing now, but the cursor dissapears in full screen when equipping items. I had to switch to windowed, and that has it's share of annoyances.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I am shocked that others have downloaded before me... Hitting 1 byte / s...
    Guy's, speeds just jumped to 50 bytes per second... I reckon I can wait this out!

How many megabytes is it?

I'm sure I got a 450 kilobytes pre download :/
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    99.8% done .... HURRY HURRY HURRY!

I've spent the last 2 hours downloading the patch at 20-30 kbps.

Oh, yay ... 99.9%, and minute now!
    Helmino
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OM OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG NERRDGASM OMG OMGO MG OMGOMGO MGOM HHHHNNNNGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!
    MedullaOblongataJared4242
  • BamBam Member Posts: 38
    Um...Did you guys break the forums for about a half hour there? Cause I know it wasn't the Meme thread.
    MedullaOblongata
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    I got a 250k/s download , hope everything would be ok later,
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Bam Our forum host migrated it onto something bigger.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    I wish I had downloaded the 500 mb earlier. Now at 182 b/s I will never be done in time to play today.
    I woke this morning despondent as it was still downloading... I had to pause it as I turn off my wifi when I'm not at home... Clicked the download bar to pause... It went pause for two seconds then suddenly turned into a play button... JUST AS I HEAD TO WORK!

Aaaaargh! Playing all tonight!
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Was on at noon for the download, started it about 3 hours later. Eventually finished downloading a few hours after that and actually on my first playthrough got to Xzar before the Freezing epidemic hit me. I've been trying to get it to run smoothly but I've let it crash my computer over 35 times now and have manually rebooted it each time cause Ctrl Alt Del doesn't work

Now I realize my computer can't even run the game because it simply is old and sucks balls.

Waooooo
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    this brought back memories of Diablo 3's launch =/ lol
    Yay!

So what you gonna do for the release of BG2?
    elminster
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You necromancer mummy you!

I'll be out most of Friday afternoon, but I'm expecting the servers to crash anyway so no huge loss. Hopefully I'll be able to spend the weekend curled up with blankets and junk food and relive the glory days (except the glory days were hunting winter wolves south of nashkel for countless in-game months, but anyway).
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I'm moving to New York on the 4th. I've already worked my last day at my old job. I will probably buy extra beer.
    lolien
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I was so confused about a thread with 200 unread posts about BG release. Don't we already have one of these threads?
    Sceptenar
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I'm going to close this one. There's a slightly fresher/newer one to use.
    SCARY_WIZARD
This discussion has been closed.