Skip to content

Best lines in dialogue. Ever. *SPOILERS*

Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
I almost fell out of my chair when I read this. Still can't look at the screenshot without laughing!

(The last line is best!)

Anyone else have any great line in dialogue they want to share?
Post edited by Aron740 on

Comments

• Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    In this game it is truly the little things that makes it great :)
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Where is that location?
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    CoryNewb said:

Where is that location?

If you are asking about the OP, then it is at the end of Rasaad's quest line (in the Cloud Peaks temple).
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    Yup, and you have to reach baldurs gate before you can get there :)
    Sceptenar said:

CoryNewb said:

Where is that location?

If you are asking about the OP, then it is at the end of Rasaad's quest line (in the Cloud Peaks temple).
    OK thank you. That would explain why I'm not familiar with it. That is probably the only serious quest I missed in bg1ee
    As far as my favorite dialog...I really enjoy anything baeloth says. The voice acting meeting some excellent writing made for an amazing combination. I know the @AndrewFoley went a little mad writing some of the baeloth dialog, but I hope he knows it was worth it.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Sceptenar said:

GemHound said:

Here is a couple more by the PC:
    I am Dinkamus Littlelog and I come in search of the holy groundhog.

I am Foolio Displasius, Destroyer of the Seven Suns! Raagh!

DIE! POND SCUM!

Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy

The move to fully voiced games has really killed a lot of the creativity with the dialogues. You'd never see Commander Shepard or Hawke say something like this.
    Commander Shepard: I'll cut your balls off and sell them to a Krogan!

That is my favorite quote in any game, really :)
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Love some of the new conversations.
    Especially the one asking Rasaad, whether his brother has dropped some good loot.
    And Jan. Jan is the Heroic Sociopath, Unreliable Narrator and Cloudcuckoolander in one compact frame.
    Always a delight.
  • jscohenjscohen Member Posts: 117
    Sceptenar said:

GemHound said:

Here is a couple more by the PC:
    I am Dinkamus Littlelog and I come in search of the holy groundhog.

I am Foolio Displasius, Destroyer of the Seven Suns! Raagh!

DIE! POND SCUM!

Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy

The move to fully voiced games has really killed a lot of the creativity with the dialogues. You'd never see Commander Shepard or Hawke say something like this.
    That's one of the things I like about Skyrim. With all the extensive voice acting in the game, I thought at first they might go the Mass Effect route, but they didn't - and while the PC lines aren't as involved as in something like Baldur's Gate, I greatly prefer them to the Mass Effects and Dragon Ages of the world.

There's something about a character I made up myself having a voice determined by the game makers that I just don't like.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Great line:

Charname: You want to know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one." That's what I always say.

Great response:

Drasus: HAW! A good saying! I will use your head for a puppet and make it say it over and over while we drink large amounts of mead! Life is pretty good, you know?
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Sceptenar said:

Hawke says stuff like that all the time if you go with the cheeky dialogue options. Shepard has his moments, especially in the Shadow Broker and Citadel DLCs.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    CoryNewb said:

As far as my favorite dialog...I really enjoy anything baeloth says. The voice acting meeting some excellent writing made for an amazing combination. I know the @AndrewFoley went a little mad writing some of the baeloth dialog, but I hope he knows it was worth it.

Mr. Foley did not write Baeloth. It was Dave Gross.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    edited November 2013
    @Drugar I actually have that convo mashed together into a pic from a while back

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Sylph_14/Somean_zps945d0415.jpg
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

Sceptenar said:

Hawke says stuff like that all the time if you go with the cheeky dialogue options. Shepard has his moments, especially in the Shadow Broker and Citadel DLCs.
    Full-on Purple!Hawke was hilariously callous. Best bit was cracking jokes over that guy's murdered son.
    deltago said:

CoryNewb said:

Mr. Foley did not write Baeloth. It was Dave Gross.
    In a post yesterday Mr Foley said that he did write a bit, but not much of the dialog for baeloth.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    @ Aron740
    hey.. i remember very well that dialogue choice too.. especially with a bard blade as main charname!.. *D... option 2. made me think 'hey, but you ARe a bard, you *ù**ù*ù!!' -oops, but that's me who is supposed to say that...*))

...another funny line in that rasaad ending part quest is if you have Viconia with you (she venerates Shar..^!).. too little dialogues/banter from her, could have been much better / more hilarious (why i took her especially for rasaad ending, expecting very well she could have some funnny little reactions.. *D ) ; at a time, she tries to convince Rasaad to join Shar (of course)... but insisting and telling her to shut up (~~).. she just replied, before total silence, a final...... '..... BAH!'. lol.. i was expecting a little bit more (rampage, total carnage, whatever?!) ).... pity!...but was kinda funny as expected a little, even if a little kinda disappointing, hehe.. *;//
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Aramintai said:

Line No.3 is an obvious nod to the World of Warcraft meme:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Did he drop any good loot?

I laughed so hard when I saw that thread the first time. Brilliant.
    Sylph said:

@Drugar I actually have that convo mashed together into a pic from a while back

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Sylph_14/Somean_zps945d0415.jpg

Yessss that's the one, it's so ridiculously and needlessly assholish, fantastic! Thankee madam/sir!

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Oh wow I've never seen that one... that's hilarious!
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    There's a fantastic NWN2 mod called Path of Evil
    http://neverwinter2.nexusmods.com/mods/18/?
    You get to play as the bad guy, and run through a truly evil campaign.

At certain points you'll bump into parties of adventurers and get the opportunity to taunt them. My favorite was "Why is it that all paladins use great swords? Do you think they're compensating for something?"