Skip to content

Download and Boxed edition

Comments

• AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    trinit said:

@Anduine -your friends are lucky to have you (do not forget to mention that to them whenever opportunity presents itself).

You do me honour, Trinit. Thank you.

trinit
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    So a boxed edition would most likely not happen? What about us with no credit cards?? I got to make sure to finish my studies on time then, get a job asap, so I can get a credit card - only then can I buy the game.:D so I can't play the game until next year?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @fredamora - borrow your parents' credit card?
    powerfulallyego1ste
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited August 2012
    Not everyone's parents would agree to that though. Mine is very lenient on many things, and I could hang out with my friends, do whatever I want, and go home late; but computer gaming's another story, and to think that they'd have to spend money for it...I'm sure they wouldn't want to spend a dime on my known addiction.hehe I didn't mean to bore you with my story.:)) anyway, I'm still wishing there'd be a boxed edition...so I can play my all-time favorite game one more time as soon as possible.

@Anduine damn I wish we could have been friends in real life. I'm as true as a friend can be to all of my friends. I'd get to have a gift like that for just being who I am? That would be awesome indeed! haha
    BorttymL
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Please, with exaggerated promises that can never be kept, like on the original Doom box "The most incredible 3D action and superb graphics that you will ever experience!"
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm holding out hope that, if it doesn't happen for BGee, then there will be a compilation box with the release of BG2ee.
    reedmilfam
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Personally I believe we won't see a boxed version until all EEs are out, if ever. The market for boxed games is diminishing, after all. Even EA believes its digital sales will outperform the physical sales this year.
  • KyonKyon Member Posts: 128
    I don't need a boxed version . DRM-free digital versions are the best :)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    mlnevese said:

Personally I believe we won't see a boxed version until all EEs are out, if ever. The market for boxed games is diminishing, after all. Even EA believes its digital sales will outperform the physical sales this year.

Those numbers are a bit skewed though, since DLC's are digital sales.

Perhaps on the PC boxed games are the minority of sales (though I'm not sure its because people prefer digital, but rather that stores don't carry as much PC games), but on consoles physical sales I believe are definitely in the majority.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2012
    @Thanthalas The EA repor I read mentioned only game sales just as ME3. In the PC market the digital downloads from Origin were not that far behind boxed sales.

As bandwidth becomes cheaper I believe people will prefer the "easier" way of downloading software.

Just look at the Steam thread. So many people who refuse to buy the game if it's not available in their favorite service. It's a bit scary to me actually and makes me wonder if the games market will become a monopoly in rhe future.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • RedfloydRedfloyd Member Posts: 8
    I would like to have a physical copy of this game too...and more forms of payment for it would be nice too for us on other countries(Brazil here).
  • MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    Personally I pre-ordered two copies of the game, one for my Father, and one for my sister as birthday presents. I'm holding out on buying a third copy for myself though, in the hopes that I can get a boxed set edition, or that I might be able to borrow theirs. In the end, I'm sure they'll be glad to have my money, potentially x3.
    Kyon
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    I pre-ordered BGEE but would buy it again in a heartbeat if a boxed version came out. Realistically, I don't see a boxed version ever being released. :(
    AndreaColomboKyon
  • KyonKyon Member Posts: 128
    I will buy a boxed version too . I hope they will come boxed with BGIIEE bundle :)
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @AndreaColombo

All them cockblockers don't even have to do any work, all they need to do is write on a bit of paper saying "You can burn CDs and sell them in a piece of cardboard".
    MooseChangerPat
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited August 2012
    Even if a boxed edition were to happen it still would not be in stores so "no credit card" argument is invalid as you would be buying online anyways.

• RaggieRaggie Member Posts: 23
    I'd buy a collector's edition if it had stuff I liked. I wouldn't like wearables like t-shirst because they are always too big for lil' me.
  • GiladGilad Member Posts: 38
    I would like to buy the boxed edition. Or at least if there are more options for payment such as paysafecard maybe? I do not have a credit card and even if I had I still prefer cash or bank transfer.

(Btw why the people in US/CAN look strange at you, when you want to pay for something using hundred dollar bill? (I am from central Europe)).
    @Gilad it's because most cash registers only hold around two-hundred dollars in cash (all in 1s, 5s, and 10s; 20s get put into a locked drawer that only a manager can open). When you pay with a hundred dollar bill, the person working the cash register ends up losing almost their entire till to give you change, which makes it more difficult to make change for the next customer.
  • DeivisDeivis Member Posts: 13
    Ha, interesting...
    Also, $100 bills are more likely to be counterfeit than $20 bills, so there's significant pressure on employees to make sure it's legit.

I think people are less likely to give you strange looks if you pay with a hundred on a purchase that's close to a hundred dollars. For employees, it's more about the inconvenience of making change than it is about worries surrounding counterfeit bills. :)

(Yes, I used to work at Starbucks. Don't tell @PhillipDaigle, or he'll make me go on a coffee run...to Canada.)
  • GiladGilad Member Posts: 38
    @Aosaw
    I see. Thanks for clarification. I did not know they are usually so extremely low on cash.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Gilad - reduces the temptation to hold up stores. It's easier than having more police (and probably cheaper in the long run). [steers away from slightly political speak] We just need Flaming Fist mercenaries and the troubles would be solved.

"I'm from the flaming fist"
  • maethormaethor Member Posts: 4
    So what is the final verdict on the boxed edition? I know before the new release date was set, Trent said that it didn't look too good with the boxed version. However I have still not purchased the game, because of the last sparkle of hope in me saying that it might still come.

Do anyone have some definitive answers whether there will be one or not?
  • nemesisnemesis Member Posts: 49
    I might try some arts and crafts and make my own box up
    Moomintroll
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @maethor - no "final verdict" yet, just a "highly unlikely to happen". I wouldn't hold my breath for a boxed edition right now. Go for the digital copy, at $20 it won't bankrupt anyone, and if the boxed edition gets actually done, you can get that too. That's how I roll, pretty much.
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    I love boxed edition
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited November 2012
    I thought we were all going to keep our copies on memory sticks inside tiny hand painted matchboxes.

Still not figured out the manual.. Maybe just a short list of lies about bards climbing walls and such.
    Kristie83