Skip to content

BG2EE is live - What are you still doing here! :p

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited November 2013
    @Delvarian

I've downloaded 138 MBs in about 90 minutes. T_T

I am a PC user. I guess it's cos everyone is trying to download the game at the same time, traffick jam at the Beamdog servers...
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    edited November 2013
    omg. Left work at10 pages. 16 now lol

Can we play? stupid work event has me away from my PC! some @ me and tell me :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    rdarken said:

omg. Left work at10 pages. 16 now mom

If you download it, you will play.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    So shiny....
    Flashburnjackjack[Deleted User]Starflower2525

rdarken said:

omg. Left at10 pages. 16 now mom

Thank you! But I guess I should have asked: Is the download possible? With BGEE it was slow. I preloaded but I'm sure there's more to dl
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    meagloth said:

Actually, what ARE you all doing here? The number if people online has gone from it usual ~100-150, to TWO HUNDRED AN SEVENTY FIVE. Play the game, people!
    Edit: it is now 333. Big change for 30 seconds.

some people have multiple hour waits to download the game

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited November 2013
    rdarken said:

rdarken said:

Thank you! But I guess I should have asked: Is the download possible? With BGEE it was slow. I preloaded but I'm sure there's more to dl
    Yeah, the download speeds are pretty abysmal. I am on Mac so I had to start from scratch and have managed a whole 172mb since launch :P

Your best bet is probably to see it to download and then play it tomorrow :)

Whole game is 2.6gb
    rdarken
  • ThaudalThaudal Member Posts: 37
    edited November 2013
    First I tried to join an existing multiplayer game.

After waiting for more than 5 minutes (no exaggeration) without ANY sort of timeout or feedback on what's going on, I got these two errors, after which the game just crashed to desktop.

Does Overhaul not test their games before publishing?

What a very impressive first experience. Sigh.

rdarken said:

Yeah, the download speeds are pretty abysmal. I am on Mac so I had to start from scratch and have managed a whole 172mb since launch :P

Your best bet is probably to see it to download and then play it tomorrow :)

Whole game is 2.6gb

ahh okay thank you for letting me know! guess I won't try to rush out haha
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    edited November 2013
    @Thaudal Mods installed?
    ajwz said:

So shiny....

That looks purty!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    Thaudal said:

First I tried to join an existing multiplayer game.

After waiting for more than 5 minutes (no exaggeration) without ANY sort of timeout or feedback on what's going on, I got these two errors, after which the game just crashed to desktop.

Does Overhaul not test their games before publishing?

What a very impressive first experience. Sigh.

Having beta tested the game since august (and others were doing it long before I was) I can say with absolute certainty that Overhaul tests their games.

So hopefully the problems you are having can be fixed quickly.
    @marceror Nope, just opened a completely fresh install of BG2:EE after finishing the preload.
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    Really disappointing that the preload was only 1.6GB out of a 2.6GB install. God knows why Beamdog did it, they KNOW their servers can't handle the load. I'm averaging 70KB/s. This is exactly what happened with BGEE.

And from what I hear, BG2EE has just as many bugs and stability issues as BGEE.

Oh, well. At least it gives me some time to write out my essays. Thankfully, all I need for tomorrow are rough drafts.

Oh, and while I'm at it, anyone remember how to take screenshots with BG2? I was going to take one of the opening screen of BG2 and BG2EE to compare the two, but my usual go-to, the Print Screen key, did not work. Was it linked to a specific key and directory? I can't remember.
  • SevSev Member Posts: 17
    Is there anything we can do to increase our download speeds (a few people above mention something called turbo)? I'm on a Mac and can't seem to do anything within the launcher.
    elminster said:

Having beta tested the game since august (and others were doing it long before I was) I can say with absolute certainty that Overhaul tests their games.

So hopefully the problems you are having can be fixed quickly.

I should hope so. What brought on my comment was the fact that it was the very first thing that happened in a fresh install, so it seemed like something that should have been quite easy to catch in a torough test.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    And (…) done. Have fun storming the castle, everyone!
    lolien
    Thaudal said:

@marceror Nope, just opened a completely fresh install of BG2:EE after finishing the preload.

Report it in the tech support forum.

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I just finished downloading the game and it runs through the beamdog client ...

But where is the installation directory with the exe file for the game???
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    OMG I can confirm... Downloading with the Beamdog Client is WAY faster than not. I WAS downloading at 20-50KB/s... I just downloaded the client and started again, now achieving around 350 KB/s
    Beamdog client without turbo seems to be working best for me. It's not great, but it's plugging away.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2013
    yay time to final play with ascension! :)

edit: SCS, but ascension is on the to do list for my throne of bhaal :)
    Post edited by ChildofBhaal599 on
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    I'm not sure the client has anything to do with that. I'm downloading 350-450kb/s with the standalone installer.
    jackjack
  • KazugaKazuga Member Posts: 38
    ui looks like shit, why not use the original BG2 ui? narv... and why no gemran language and why limited to 30 fps ...but well the magic spells looking better
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I still wish the BG1 default voice were in BG2 :(
    CrevsDaak
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    Mungri said:

I just finished downloading the game and it runs through the beamdog client ...

But where is the installation directory with the exe file for the game???

Open the client and click Settings. The third and final option will be "Download locations." Click the button that says "Configure" to see.

It defaults to the Games folder in the client's install directory.
    I installed the client to D:\, for example, so it's downloading BG2EE to D:\Beamdog\Games
  • OcculusXOcculusX Member Posts: 99
    550 MB out of 2.6 GB after 1 hr of downloading! At this rate, it'll be done by midnight. This is what I get for paying for the cheapest internet option available. ;)
  • OcculusXOcculusX Member Posts: 99
    at&t... great technology, less great customer service. :)
    CrevsDaak
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    First order of business is going to be to finish The Black Pits on insane difficulty. Well, after I import my BGEE character to make sure that works OK. Then TBP!!!