Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    Is Heexat a vampire then? Or does she become a vampire? I'd love some concrete info on this
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I really recommend playing the game to find out.
    SCARY_WIZARDCaptain_Darian_FreyJuliusBorisov
  • DJ_DodgyDJ_Dodgy Member Posts: 18
    Hey guys, I need some help regarding Hexxat. I strongly advise you do not click the spoiler unless you know her questline.

Is the new Hexxat here to stay, or will there be another plot twist to get the first one back?

I kinda prefer the first Hexxat and for roleplay reasons wouldn't mind having her old stats. (I had Safana in BG:EE rather than Imoen for example)

If not, perhaps its possible to play the game through with the old one and not do her questline? Or will she get mad and leave eventually?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @DJ_Dodgy
    Hexxat is here to stay; Faxxat will eventually leave if you try to keep her or import her into ToB.
    JuliusBorisov
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @DJ_Dodgy:

Her stats are the same as Clara's so long as she's wearing Dragomir's Cloak, which she has to do in order to walk around in sunlight. The only time you can take it off safely would be in the Underdark.
  • RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
    I'll not be getting the EEs for a bit (platform issues/linux dammit) but I'm already planning my next BG playthrough. What's the conclusion regarding Hexxat? Good character? Interesting story? Powerful? Do her particular issues cause loads of micro-management? A good romance option? Can her alignment actually shift or was that just a rumour?

If she's worth it I'll build my next character around her. Thanks in advance.
  • DJ_DodgyDJ_Dodgy Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for the replies!

I've been a bit naughty and used EE Keeper to change her portrait and colors back so I am happier now :D

I think changing the soundset however is a bit beyond me and I don't want to end up messing up my game.
  • Archon79Archon79 Member Posts: 9
    :( I liked her original look, and was hoping her voice would clear up..not sure about the 'new' Hexxat
  • FlauschigFlauschig Member Posts: 84
    I liked the story, but the way Hexxat is used is a major disappointment. I don't know why one would want to micromanage cursed items or want even so see so many red stats all the game on a character. The least thing Baldur's Gate need is more micromanagement.

Thanks to EE Keeper there is a way to mod this stupid behavior out. Why does Baldur's Gate 2 hate the pure thief so much?
  • ShytilacShytilac Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys!

I want to change Hexxat portrait by overriding the original with another of my own. Anyone of you knows the file name of the portrait? Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
  • Archon79Archon79 Member Posts: 9
    getting a bug in the tomb with the monks, after we have the item, Hexxat constantly (and I mean she overrides move and skill commands) pesters me to leave, I can't walk anywhere, can't loot she just cycles thru half a dozen phrases constantly pulling me into dialogue
  • DoumanDouman Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2013
    Second Hexxat isn't cute at all(i would say ugly). What's point to awake her :( Truly sad....
    and well.. i could never trust a vampire
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Well, I've got an idea for your first dlc companion then.
    Faxxat/Clara. Make a way to free her from her enthrallment, and continue on from there. To be fair to everyone, since Hexxat is the only thief and is evil, she should be turned into a neutral or good thief, probably neutral. It would also make the people happy that were upset by the plot twist. I know I wasn't very happy with it, because I don't want a vampire in my party.
    AcridSyphilis
  • Papy_SilkPapy_Silk Member Posts: 44
    Well, I'm actually working on it. As I said earlier. :D You can support the project by uh... Giving me tons of hurray ! Yaaay !
    AkihikoVargnattJames
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I love Hexxat, I create a female PC just to romance her and I'm really enjoing it!
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Papy_Silk said:

Well, I'm actually working on it. As I said earlier. :D You can support the project by uh... Giving me tons of hurray ! Yaaay !

Whoops, I wasn't paying much attention to previous posts. I see it now, so... uh.... Hurray! Yaaay! ...And you only get one of those from me, so enjoy it. Savor it, like a fine wine. ...or something like that. :P

• sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited November 2013
    Can someone tell if Lady Hexxat can stay with a party REP>18 ? ^^

I'm asking because in BG1EE, Shar-Teel was like that..as long as you beat her initially, if i am correct^ (or here.. 'help' her in her goal..and she is targeting smthg in TOB too, so could be a little the same i guess..able to stay to the end even with goodie REP20 party..but for other ultimate reasons of course here..^)...

The rest, i don't care too much..evil can be used and tricked too at his own game, perfectly knowing it too, after all..^ ..could be interesting to see that too with an Hexxat apparently (of course, maybe not with a Keldorn&co in the same team, k^) ... // ^^
    Post edited by sunset00 on
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Oops, forget it /Shar-Teel BG1EE dudette; they finally decided to fix that in v1.2 apparently (she can no more stay with REP>18 even with her 'deal' -&Viconia-same*))- and she disappears suddenly too now..after 1 year like that, supaa^))..)... lol, sometimes we no more know if those things are bugs or new features here ^^ *))

anyway, could be interesting / that Hexxat all the same.. question stays..though now, the answer to expect seems to be much more traditional then, ok..^^ pity, pity..*)
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    Papy_Silk said:

Hurray and Yaaay :P I so want Clara in my party through SoA and ToB!
  • HonouHonou Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2013
    soo nothing happened when i walked through that barier with Hexxat, no switch no cutscene - nothing. Any feedback ?
  • IllGiganteIllGigante Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    Quick question, I'm loving Hexxat. I just finished her first quest and I was blown away, now I'm way more excited about this character.

But does anyone have access to her portrait? I'd love to do a little tweaking to it. Nothing major cause I love the portrait but I'd mostly just like to reverse it.
  • SontomSontom Member Posts: 3
    I am thoroughly confused as to why people are so upset about Hexxat being a vampire. I am playing an Evil Sorceror and my god I am loving her with Dorn, Korgan, and Viconia so far. Almost every major encounter is either underground or indoors, so the Cloak thing is a moot point. I mean I would like a straight oriented romance option, but eh, the ones available are already good, especially Viconias, I might reroll as a woman at some point but yeah. I love Hexxat
    QuartzJuliusBorisov
  • AriaAria Member Posts: 6
    Hexxat's romance conversations are not starting for me. I am playing a neutral evil female elven dragon disciple, and I have finished the first part of Cabrina's quest (the claw). I opened up my savegame with EE Keeper and see hexxatlovetalks and hexxatromanceactive both at 1 but there's no timer variable. Is this because the Dorn romance is also active?
  • FlauschigFlauschig Member Posts: 84
    Sontom said:

I am thoroughly confused as to why people are so upset about Hexxat being a vampire. I am playing an Evil Sorceror and my god I am loving her with Dorn, Korgan, and Viconia so far. Almost every major encounter is either underground or indoors, so the Cloak thing is a moot point. I mean I would like a straight oriented romance option, but eh, the ones available are already good, especially Viconias, I might reroll as a woman at some point but yeah. I love Hexxat

If you choose to use the cloak, you will get punished by game mechanic. If you choose not to, you will get nonetheless punished for yor choose, again, by game mechanic. As if there were no other vampire effects that would not lead at least to contant micromanagement.

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    can she be "redeemed" and become a good/neutral character?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Flauschig: There's no "punishment". When you use the Cloak, her stats are exactly the same as Clara's - if you were fine with that when you met her at the Copper Coronet, guess what, you should still be fine with that.

What it does mean is when you get to the Underdark (traditionally where most players swap Yoshimo out for Imoen), you can remove that cloak and let her run wild.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    I've got a question:
    Anyone have her portrait after her "twist" reveal. I wonder what she really looks like.

• KolivaKoliva Member Posts: 27

I've got a question:

Anyone have her portrait after her "twist" reveal. I wonder what she really looks like.

@wissenschaft Here you go:

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited November 2013
    Koliva said:

I've got a question:

@wissenschaft Here you go:

She looks like Jasika Nicole (Astrid from Fringe), who incidentally is also a lesbian.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I have a question about her quest...

After the tomb, I asked her to stay with me, she agreed. Is there something else I'm supposed to do or just wait? I looked around the Copper Coronet, but can't find anyone whose name starts with an "L" to talk to.