Skip to content

Translations are under way !

Comments

• kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
    @Rav The Polish Team is doing extremely well, but it can't hurt to ask Team Leader @cherrycoke2l.
  • cherrycoke2lcherrycoke2l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,085
    @Rav I think we've got enough people for now but feel free to send me a pm – I'd like to know if you have any experience with similar projects as we might (it's not sure) accept more people in the future. You may of course use Polish when writing to me ;)
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    I can begin bulgarian translation...
    kangaxxsvetlozaurus
  • nioniosbbbbnioniosbbbb Member Posts: 17
    I have posted a topic transferring volunteers for a Greek translation on PC Master a famous greek magazine. I dont know if something will come up but what have we got to lose?
  • j0lssonij0lssoni Member Posts: 53
    Volunteering for a Finnish translation.
    lelag200
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    If i purchase Eng version through pre-order first , when other languages are available , may i need to pay another fee again ?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @darrenkuo
    No, language patches will be free.
    darrenkuo
  • NielsValdemarNielsValdemar Member Posts: 2
    @CameronTofer - I have had a few conversations with people in Denmark, who would love to help with a Danish translation. Four, at least, and several of them are Bachelors in English.
    lordkim
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279

@CameronTofer - I have had a few conversations with people in Denmark, who would love to help with a Danish translation. Four, at least, and several of them are Bachelors in English.

Awesome, once you've nominated a Team Leader get him/her to message me.
    NielsValdemarlordkim
  • MboineMboine Member Posts: 1
    I' m interested in helping out with a Norwegian translation
  • ShemhamShemham Member Posts: 8
    Another volunteer for Finnish translation if requested. I'm doing my university degree abroad in English so yeah I can handle translating stuff.
    @Mboine Please get in contact with @theggenes.
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    Can you guys update the translate status?
  • Natxoar2Natxoar2 Member Posts: 4
    I'd like to volunteer for a spanish translation. I dont know of the current status , if any, of this possible translation (back in July it said delayed) . I'll be playing in english but I'm spanish native speaker (spaniard) and would be happy to contribute
    Christian said:

Are there any openings to volunteer for the Spanish version of the game?

I'd like to volunteer for a spanish translation. I dont know of the current status , if any, of this possible translation (back in July it said delayed) . I'll be playing in english but I'm spanish native speaker (spaniard) and would be happy to contribute

@Natxoar2 Please get in contact with @Lekian.
  • SirlancelotSirlancelot Member Posts: 4
    kangaxx said:

Lekian gave up approximately a week ago. He's out of the project since then. Please, don't bother him. He had enough of it.

Currently there's no Spanish "team leader", no one of us is working / collaborating with Beamdog at the moment. The Spanish translation status is marked as "delayed", for a reason.

I'm the spokesperson for a group of well organized and experienced translators, including some professionals, whom have been around the BG community for years and are trying to get a deal with the developers; nothing has been possible yet. Despite their claims that their game would include an Spanish translation, it seems extremely difficult to come to an agreement with them.

Anyone interested in the Spanish translation should contact me unless he/she wants to go for it alone and for free. And it's not just the new content what must be translated, but also Tales of the Sword Coast.
    TotSC Spanish version was unplayable and retired from the market due to its .tlk (text) being corrupted. And the TotSC translations made by the fans are not possible to reuse due to licensing issues.
    @Sirlancelot Thank you for clarifying. Wasn't aware of that.

kangaxx said:

Lekian gave up approximately a week ago. He's out of the project since then. Please, don't bother him. He had enough of it.

Currently there's no Spanish "team leader", no one of us is working / collaborating with Beamdog at the moment. The Spanish translation status is marked as "delayed", for a reason.

I'm the spokesperson for a group of well organized and experienced translators, including some professionals, whom have been around the BG community for years and are trying to get a deal with the developers; nothing has been possible yet. Despite their claims that their game would include an Spanish translation, it seems extremely difficult to come to an agreement with them.

Anyone interested in the Spanish translation should contact me unless he/she wants to go for it alone and for free. And it's not just the new content what must be translated, but also Tales of the Sword Coast.
    TotSC Spanish version was unplayable and retired from the market due to its .tlk (text) being corrupted. And the TotSC translations made by the fans are not possible to reuse due to licensing issues.
    I didn't know of this when I volunteered. I read later on the forum about this translation your group made.
    I'm just a fan who loves this game and although I'll be playing in english I could spare time to help on a translation to spanish, that's all. I didn't expect anything in return nor any problem
    In any case I do hope you can reach an agreement , I'll be honored to help

• SirlancelotSirlancelot Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    Natxoar2 said:

kangaxx said:

I didn't know of this when I volunteered. I read later on the forum about this translation your group made.
    I'm just a fan who loves this game and although I'll be playing in english I could spare time to help on a translation to spanish, that's all. I didn't expect anything in return nor any problem

Fine, thanks for your offering. :) I think we have already talented people enough among our ranks, but if we finally get a deal and need further help, I'll contact you.
    No problem. It was just an offer to help

Natxoar2 said:

kangaxx said:

Fine, thanks for your offering. :) I think we have already talented people enough among our ranks, but if we finally get a deal and need further help, I'll contact you.
  • MadHabMadHab Member Posts: 4
    I would be glad to help with the Brazilian Portuguese version. I could also provide some voice-recording (don't know if that's being done) - I used to have a radio show in São Paulo, so I'm used to do professional voice-acting... ;-)
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    edited August 2012
    Why the spanish translation is delayed? I don't understand.
    Do you think that is professional to ask to the fans to make the translation of a official remake? I think not...
    What a shame man.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Kharador said:

Why the spanish translation is delayed? I don't understand.
    Do you think that is professional to ask to the fans to make the translation of a official remake? I think not...
    What a shame man.

Why would that be a shame? Volunteering is good. It will make the community stronger, and it is also a way to contribute to the game you love. Don't you think?
    Moira
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Looks like the Spanish team wants to be paid or whatnot. Anyway, is there going to be a translation in Japanese, perhaps? I know somebody who'd play that!
  • Garyou_TenseiGaryou_Tensei Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 62

Looks like the Spanish team wants to be paid or whatnot. Anyway, is there going to be a translation in Japanese, perhaps? I know somebody who'd play that!

We're gathering a team for the Japanese translation (currently have two volunteers besides myself showing strong interest, trying to recruit more peeps), and have official translations for BG1 & BG2 as a base. :D
    CameronTofer
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    edited August 2012
    @Djimmy Do you know that TOTSC Spanish version wasn't released and Beamdog tried to buy all the rights of the translation from an Spanish community? Giving up to all the translation rights for free!!!
    What a shame man. And now pretend the translation will be made by Spanish fans...
    Post edited by Kharador on
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Kharador

That Spanish group didn't want to offer their work for free, which is in their right, end of story.

No need to try and kick up drama where there is none.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808

We're gathering a team for the Japanese translation (currently have two volunteers besides myself showing strong interest, trying to recruit more peeps), and have official translations for BG1 & BG2 as a base. :D
    So there is a group. That is excellent news! My daughter is majoring in Japanese and I was going to try to get her to get some help from the college gang.
    nj_BGEE
  • AsoulAsoul Member Posts: 1
    I would be happy to help with the Brazilian Portuguese translation. Though I see it's nearly done, so I'm probably not needed.

Just so I know, who is this version's team leader? I couldn't find that information anywhere.