Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Let me guess you could not do the romance?
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    I like hexxat and the plot twist but the real portrait is the worst I have ever seen. Painter should be sent to spellhold.
    DarkDoggTalarasha
  • TaevikTaevik Member Posts: 38

Let me guess you could not do the romance?

You guessed wrong.
  • jhneohjhneoh Member Posts: 42
    I found her a bit boring as a standard Thief, and EEkeepered her into a Shadowdancer, thinking that it would fit a vampire better.

She's amazing now at chunking mages and running away.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    She is somewhat dull as a typical Thief, but her godlike stats and special abilities kind of make up for it. I re-arranged her profs a bit in EEKeeper, but I can't really find a kit that works for her thematically. She really is just a standard thief in many ways.

Does anyone know of a 2E kit that suits Hexxat, it doesn't have to be in the game (yet), just one that is thematically appropriate? Something like a Grave Robber would be appropriate.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Eudaemonium I'd say a Burglar or Adventurer, since she's the archetypal dungeon/tomb-delving Thief and has a fairly even distribution of thieving skills. I'm fine with her being a vanilla thief, as it makes her versatile.
    I guess that makes sense. I'm ultimately fine with her being a vanilla Thief, because of the versatility, I'd just like to edit her title into something more awesome ;) (because I'm superficial like that)
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Kogorn said:

I've found that if you kill an enemy under the effects of blood drain they lose their items when they die...not sure if this is a bug or intended (like if you kill them with cold damage).

I can't reproduce this. What enemy did you use it on?
  • DriftedDrifted Member Posts: 5
    Are you able to switch her aligment to neutral/good or is she gonna stay neutral evil whole game? Because that will totally ruin my plans for my 2 playthroughs (good & evil parties).

Planned to romance her during my evil group playthrough on my male blade but as it is I cannot do that due her swinging the other way. So my hope to do Hexxat's romance is during my goodie goodie playthrough but it kinda messes things up if she stays evil without chance of redemption.
    Ah ok. Well that was how it was for me. Since i could not romance her i kicked her out.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I couldn't help but laugh and shake my head after a dialogue with Hexxat directly after the Druid Grove quest:

She asks, "The woods are a refreshing place, no?" and talks about how it's nice to get away from the city and be out in nature. Then, directly after the dialogue is over, her wilderness voice set auto-plays: "I dislike the wilderness; it lacks . . . structure."

So which is it, Hexxat? I'm sure the writer(s) didn't intend for her to be that flighty.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    edited November 2013
    I was vehemently opposed to Hexxat at the beginning, but she kinda grew on me :/

I would've liked if she were a bit more more powerful and had more reactivity with other NPCs in the game (Bodhi's obliviousness to her really irks me), though I guess I shouldn't whine too much because she's a very powerful ally and I've really grown to like her personality.

One thing that still bugs me is that bothersome cloak of hers. They could've just scripted her to have 50% or 75% diminished stats in sunlight, instead of forcing us to re-equip her cloak all the time. But that's a minor annoyance; as a whole, I really like Hexx :)

On a semi-related note, I'd still like to see a Clara DLC. Wouldn't mind dropping a few bucks for a neutral-aligned pure thief like Clara, as I can't really take Hexxat along with good and neutral parties.
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Is there a list of how she gets along with all the other NPCs? I know some hate her...
    She has conflicts of varying degrees with Keldorn, Anomen, Mazzy and Valygar, and apparently Aerie but only in ToB.

She flirts a lot with Viconia.
    JuliusBorisov
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I'm considering abandoning my Evil playthrough for now because I read the thread about Dorn's romance. But, in my Good playthrough, I still want to bring Hexxat. So I'm curious to know who she can't be in a party with.
    I am avoiding that thread because I don't want to be pre-emptively disappointed. I'd rather cry at whatever terrible ending the devs have planned once I reach it.

Then I will go and write a better ending and mod it in. =P
    JuliusBorisovVargnatt
  • AlasherAlasher Member Posts: 3
    In my party, Hexxat travelled through all Shadows of Amn alongside Aerie and Valygar without complains.

Please, tell me when and how Hexxat's quest in TOB starts - i've got Neera and Valygar quests done, some conversations with them too, but Hexxat still initiated 0 talks since beginning of TOB. Maybe her quest in SOA was flagged as uncompleted, cause it left in journal as active one?
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Alasher said:

In my party, Hexxat travelled through all Shadows of Amn alongside Aerie and Valygar without complains.

It's only ToB that she fights Aerie. I've said what I think about that here and elsewhere; I appreciate it's trying to show how tough Aerie has gotten, but it still seems a bit out of character, questions raised, and WHAT ABOUT MINSC! He's already lost one witch, there's no way he's not going to react to that.

But most interparty fights occur through random banters, like the other random banters, so you won't necessarily always have them. If you've saved shortly before they occur, you can sometimes just reload and then it won't happen again, at least for a while.
    JuliusBorisov
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    @Coutelier

You can only kick a nuke forward so far, even though ToB is pretty durn far, would have preferred that kind of investment risk occur in SoA, but at least the fates level up your new Jan or Viccy, I guess. There's nothing stopping you getting in there and determining the outcome of that fight, too, right?

Also, isn't this exactly the kind of thing that Charisma is for as a leader? Solving inter-party dispute and "keeping the line"? I'd love to browbeat Keldorn for his hypocrisy or barring Korgain from speaking to Aerie under threat of reduced ale supplement and inimicable presence.
    Tsyrith said:

@Coutelier

You can only kick a nuke forward so far, even though ToB is pretty durn far, would have preferred that kind of investment risk occur in SoA, but at least the fates level up your new Jan or Viccy, I guess. There's nothing stopping you getting in there and determining the outcome of that fight, too, right.

Nothing. But if Aerie knows that Hexxat is sneaking off and killing people, and she wouldn't attack if she wasn't sure about that, then how can any character be acting oblivious in their talks? And if you stay out of it and Hexxat kills Aerie, then Minsc definitely won't settle for anything less than the vampire's death as well. Obviously, you can say that realistically neither would a lot of characters, but Minsc and Aerie obviously do have a special relationship.
    Tsyrith said:

Also, isn't this exactly the kind of thing that Charisma is for as a leader? Solving inter-party dispute and "keeping the line"? I'd love to browbeat Keldorn for his hypocrisy or barring Korgain from speaking to Aerie under threat of reduced ale supplement and inimicable presence.

That would be nice. Especially if you could talk to Korgan before Aerie finds out from Edwin what a sexual harassment suit is.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    does any one else find it kind of ridiculous that Hexxat doesn't seem to fight with the druids?
    Especially Cernd. I mean they didn't go with a Werewolf-Vampire brawl to the death?
    CoutelierelementJuliusBorisov
    edited November 2013
    element said:

does any one else find it kind of ridiculous that Hexxat doesn't seem to fight with the druids?

Putting aside the whole Clara incident, the only way some of her interactions with party members aren't ridiculous (the druids, Nalia, Imoen) is to remove any reference she makes to an NPC about sneaking out at night and feasting. You're in a group with no more than five other people; word is going to get around. Let everyone imagine that she just eats baddies; it's not like there's a shortage of those.

Especially Cernd. I mean they didn't go with a Werewolf-Vampire brawl to the death?

It's a classic monster-mash.

element
    Her feeding habits actually NEVER come up in an Evil party. Presumably none of them care.
    element
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited November 2013
    I just always assumed that any decent druid would pretty much have to destroy vampires as part of there job description. I mean as far as unnatural creatures go it doesn't get much more unnatural then vampires. I agree its abit of a stretch all round with regards to the good aligned characters but I found the druids to be particularly jarring

and your right a vampire vs werewolf battle should definitely of happened
    Coutelier said:

Tsyrith said:

@Coutelier
    : ) great idea.

Korgans reply to "keep it up and we wont drink as much ale anymore as clearly we cant keep our cool"

"Aye ill leave the little bitch alone, fer now..."

My comment got botched but click it and it expands
    That's what happens when you try and play tennis with a golf ball. XP
    : )
    Or typing from a phone
    Eudaemonium

Her feeding habits actually NEVER come up in an Evil party. Presumably none of them care.

Presumably not. They've probably got their own people they need to kill anyway, like Viconia has to go out and kill someone for Shar. But at least she has the sense never to get caught if she's with a good party. If Aerie notices, I think other character are going to notice and find out about it as well. At least have some lie ready if they do.