Skip to content

Baldur`s gate MEME Thread * Spoilers all over the place*

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Yeah, the comments are quite one-sided... (Most ppl call him an idiot)
    CoryNewb
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2013

@Adul
    Oh my Bhaal, you know Sacred :'D I love you :'3

Sacred 1 + 2, Path of Exile, Morrowind, Guild Wars, and Baldurs Gate 1 + 2 are all my favorite game.

Wait, thats not just one game? Im confused, that much epic cannot be separated into ranks.

Oh and how is FF7 not an RPG? I only played 8 but I absolutely loved it. It has levelling up and character development, but I suppose because all the script and characters are linear?
    ThacoBell
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @Mungri
    It's because you don't play a role. The roles play themselfs. All you do is tell the characters where to go and how to attack. They all think on their own.
    CrevsDaaksarevok57
    I see, basically linear character plots.
    Quartz
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Mungri said:

I sense some sarcasm In your e-tone.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Foggy said:

So THAC0 sucks?! maybe a change in infinity engine games is in order

Be still, my heart.
    That picture with Morte and a machine gun...brilliant. Now I want this game.

ButtercheeseCrevsDaakEudaemoniumQuartz
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Just read that guys review and am very tempted to copy paste it into the GoG reviews with a link at the bottom to his website to watch the fur fly. He basically only reviewed BG:Soa, and nothing else,
    CoryNewbJuliusBorisov
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    deltago said:

Just read that guys review and am very tempted to copy paste it into the GoG reviews with a link at the bottom to his website to watch the fur fly. He basically only reviewed BG:Soa, and nothing else,

I get the impression he didn't even make it out of Irenicus' dungeon...
    ButtercheeseCoryNewbjackjack
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

@Mungri
    It's because you don't play a role. The roles play themselfs. All you do is tell the characters where to go and how to attack. They all think on their own.

By that logic, how is Skyrim not an RPG? Everything your character says and does is determined by you in that game.
    Etamin
    @Schneidend
    Because your decisions don't matter. Sure you can play a certain role if you feel like it, but the world around rarely responses to you. So, if you wanna call it an RPG, it's a really bad one.
    CoryNewb said:

Mungri said:

I sense some sarcasm In your e-tone.
    Actually I dont agree with him, but I didnt like how all the character personalities were pre determined in FF8. But they are still RPGs.
    Quartz

@Schneidend
    Because your decisions don't matter. Sure you can play a certain role if you feel like it, but the world around rarely responses to you. So, if you wanna call it an RPG, it's a really bad one.

And your decisions matter in BG? In Skyrim, your intervention can decide the outcome of the civil war (potentially razing city-states and installing new Jarls along the way), you can potentially destroy the Dark Brotherhood, and refound the Blades.

In BG you can...destroy the Iron Throne, I guess? No, wait, Sarevok financially ruined them already.
    ThacoBellQuartzelminster
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Foggy said:

(and Mass Effect 2 is not half bad as a wanna be RPG)

you.
    are.
    my.
    hero.
    CoryNewbCrevsDaakThacoBellEudaemonium
    @Foggy
    "Wanna be RPG." Riiiiiight.
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    @Schneidend
    Mass Effect 2 is not a bad game, but nowhere near the same caliber ME1 was, and the first don't even compare to Bioware Infinity Engine games. Bioware stripped away almost all RPG elements so it's pretty much a straight up shooter with a good story. No inventory or loot, lack of sidequests, no freedom, no exploration, very linear, barely any use for money, dumbed down leveling system, lack of skills, lack of variation in armor/weapons, fanboy service.. That's just my opinion, if you don't like just leave it, to each it's own I guess.
    God
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Foggy said:

I think that nobody got it, I did, Infinity Engine is the one BG, IWD and PST uses. But then, they created new "Infinity WARD Engine" for FPS (Call of Duty, those games that you only play MP).
    ButtercheeseFoggy
    I created a monster :'D
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien
This discussion has been closed.