Skip to content

Baldur`s gate MEME Thread * Spoilers all over the place*

Comments

• AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Welp, after that racist word... inb4 thread lock!
    Adul
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Wait, we are allowed to personally attack people here but using political uncorrect words is forbidden?
    I rest my case.
    QuartzCrevsDaak
    Judging by the number of Hexxat threads that have been closed for that very reason? Yes.
    Buttercheese
    edited November 2013
    I wasn't really bothered by it, I was more or less 1. Joking and 2. Giving a heads-up so @Buttercheese doesn't get in trouble. Sorry if you thought I was attacking you! (Er... just to be clear, no sarcasm intended. :P) *Edited for excessive use of the word "welp"*
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited November 2013

imageimage

Bigby's Falcon Punch would totally break the game.
    The only way to fix it would be to offset it with the automatic death of any character who uses it.

EDIT: or make it a spell castable only by Cernd and Garrick
    ButtercheeseNight_WatchCrevsDaak

Bigby's Falcon Punch would totally break the game.
    The only way to fix it would be to offset it with the automatic death of any character who uses it.

EDIT: or make it a spell that only Cernd and Garrick can use

Someone please make a mod that allows Cernd to shapeshift into a falcon. Please.
    QuartzNight_WatchCrevsDaaklolien
    Someone please make a mod that allows Cernd to shapeshift into a falcon. Please.

Maybe Cernd can shapeshift into Clara? Everybody wins
    ButtercheeseRB178CrevsDaak
    In that case, I want him to have the ability to shapeshift in Xan.
    In fact, that whole ordeal would fit Haer'Dalis much better.
    I mean, he is an actor. Why not give him the ability to imporsonate other characters? That would be amazing.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    As long as he doesn't start talking about "the process".
    LordRumfishmeagloth
    The process?
  • GoldenEggGoldenEgg Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2013

...sigh
    Post edited by SethDavis on
    AyiekieCoryNewb
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2013
    No let Cernd shapeshift into Garrick.

Wait, we are allowed to personally attack people here but using political uncorrect words is forbidden?

In short, yes.

This forum's priorities are all out of wack.
    ButtercheeseCrevsDaak
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Oh, yes, it's so unreasonable and rare for web forums or indeed any place for civilised discussion to frown on the use of that particular word.

It isn't the forum that had its head up its ass here.

Anyway, it will be deleted as soon as a mod sees it, and good riddance.
    GoldenEgg
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Well, I dunno about others, all I was doing to that one guy was make fun of his review where he doesn't even indicate that he could beat Irenicus' dungeon and the game is bad because it kicked his ass...

Not really an attack on the person, just his utter lack of effort in trying to review a game.
    No point in discussing with the admins (why would I even).
    We will see, I don't care.

Someone post pictures with funny captions please, I don't have any ideas atm.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2013
    @Ayiekie You know for someone who spreads the gospel of political correctness you sure do like to cause chaos.
    Fredjoankheg
    I don't, really. What I don't like doing is letting posts like yours pass without comment. Silence is too easily mistaken for tacit consent. What you said was asinine. Posting that picture in the first place was also asinine.

Even if I did like "causing chaos", BTW, that isn't really an opposed trait to having respect for others.
    i'm not sure, but i think he was going for the comical "niggAs" but somehow wrote the more racially insensitive "niggERS" by accident.
    at least i hope so
    CrevsDaak
  • GoldenEggGoldenEgg Member Posts: 23

The word is exclusivly used for comedic purposes over here.

Maybe i've lead a sheltered life but I don't think that word is used exclusively for comedic purposes anywhere ...
    The_Potty_1
    edited November 2013
    Hey, Buttercheese, before you go around dismissing what is and isn't a "real problem", maybe you should actually know what the hell you're talking about. Since you were not even aware that was an offensive term, you are obviously not very familiar with why it is such an offensive term, and why decent people do not knowingly use it in the manner in which you did.

Ignorance is an excuse for posting it. But what you posted was offensive, and there are good reasons for it being offensive, and you should remove the picture before it is removed for you. If you want the discussion to die, stop dragging it out by defending yourself. If you had simply said "I'm sorry, I didn't realise that word was so offensive, it isn't where I come from and English isn't my first language", and removed the picture, there would be no argument and people would have gotten back to meme pictures already.
    ThacoBell
    But dragging this out amuses me :/ (I think I already mentioned that)
    And I seriously don't see how this is offensive.
    Another thing I said is that, if they care, the admins can tell that it's offensive.
    If I would actually give in every time someone walked up to me to tell me that they don't like what I do or say, oh gee... I don't even wanna think about it.
    Especially on the internet.
    QuartzFredjo
    They already told you it's offensive. Read the site rules, specifically:

'The game is PG-13. By extension, treat the forums as also being PG-13. Excessive cursing and profanity, the posting of nude photos, and unapologetic bigotry are three things that are not welcome in this corner of the internets. If you have an urge to spew angry slurs of an offensive nature, there are plenty of other dark corners of the internets with blinking signs that say "Spew Here".'

As for how dragging out the argument over your post amuses you, you might read this part:

"If you find yourself fishing for insults, dropping signs of a controversial viewpoint in a group of people who are likely to be upset by it, or exhibiting other behavior that is specifically designed to elicit an inflammatory reaction, you have strayed from the light and into the swamp."

This is a very tolerant forum, regardless of what Quartz thinks. The devs put up with a level of abuse that is positively astonishing, and they do very little moderating unless things spiral completely out of control. There are very few hard lines; it is not a great imposition on you or some outlandish burden to ask you not to cross the lines of "using hate speech" and "trolling". Play the victim all you like; I'm willing to accept that your original posting was an innocent mistake, but how you're reacting to it afterwards is only making you look worse.
    ThacoBell
    edited November 2013

PS: Thanks to my well-read and elaborate friend Rusty for helping me with the text for the second one.

I bet you are happy now :3
    QuartzCrevsDaaksarevok57lolien
This discussion has been closed.