Skip to content

Baldur`s gate MEME Thread * Spoilers all over the place*

Comments

• AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Yep. You did it in a snide and immature manner, but you did a good thing. Thanks!
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    GoldenEgg said:

The word is exclusivly used for comedic purposes over here.

Maybe i've lead a sheltered life but I don't think that word is used exclusively for comedic purposes anywhere ...
    I attend an HBCU (as a white guy, yes). I can testify that the word is used for comedic purposes. However, I'm not comfortable making those jokes personally so I don't try. On a web forum, my instinct would be to play it safe and not try here either. There are places and times where it can be comedic though, and it depends VERY much on delivery.
    Quartzoldsch00l
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited November 2013

Acrotomophilia: Romance Aerie.
    Caroline Deleted: Complete first act in Spellhold.
    CARP EVERYWHERE: Cleared the Cloakwood Mines, and left Yeslick in them.
    Commoner: Beat the game on Insane difficulty with an 8 to 12 in each ability score.
    Dad's Friends Are Hot: Romance Jaheira.
    Deadly Neurotoxins: Clear every important battle with cloud kill and stinking cloud spells.
    dinosaur_fizzle.wav: Permanently lose at least one NPC in an area that you can not revisit.
    Don't ******* Touch Swords!: On your main character, never pick up a sword. Or a dagger, or a knife, because knives are like miniature swords.
    Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Install your mods in the wrong order.
    No Wonder Her Dad Died!: Kill Tor'Gal with Nalia de'Arnise in your party, by using AoE spells before he can ever reach the party.
    Not A Knock Out: Romance Rasaad yn Bashir.
    SCARY_WIZARD Wants You To Leave His Waifu Alone: Romance Neera.
    Someone Had To Do It: Romance Anomen Delryn.
    Still Alive: Clear Durlag's Tower.
    Stupid, Sexy Surfacers: Romance Viconia deVir.
    This Will Only End Well: Romance Dorn Il-Khan.
    Student of Satyrion: Killed Drizzt Do'Urden in BOTH Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition games with werebears.
    Student of Tripp Fisk: Level a Fighter from 1 to 40 without taking a single proficiency point in Swords. Or Daggers, because knives are like miniature swords.
    Want You Gone: Clear Watcher's Keep.
    What the Hell, Hero?!: Killed the Dryad of Cloudpeaks, and sold Abela the Nymph.

That Aerie one was TERRIBLE, I feel really bad, now. I'll romance her to absolve myself, in my head. :(

But yeah, achievements always struck me as sort of epeen. :/ "Oh, look, I did this!" "What do you have to show for it?" "The fact that it's there? Look, see?" "Printscreen, upload to ImageShack. :/"

A funny thing I found in a different thread which I wanted to share.
    *looks at the Aerie one, looks at guilt* *looks at savegame where I'm romancing Neera* Next playthrugh, hun. Next playthrough. Ugh, the eyes are getting to me. FINE, I'll make another savegame. :| Then, Nalia with my SHS mod. Then, Rasaad.
    Hmm...need to make one about Hexxat, now. And some other circumstances in the game. Maybe one about Rasaad, "He's My Best Friend, Best Of All Best Friends".

I wish I could play D&D in college =\

Do it on play-by-post message boards!

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, outside of that. Just saying.
    FredjoNight_WatchCrevsDaak
  • GoldenEggGoldenEgg Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2013
    my mistake ...
  • GoldenEggGoldenEgg Member Posts: 23

GoldenEgg said:

Maybe i've lead a sheltered life but I don't think that word is used exclusively for comedic purposes anywhere ...
    I attend an HBCU (as a white guy, yes). I can testify that the word is used for comedic purposes. However, I'm not comfortable making those jokes personally so I don't try. On a web forum, my instinct would be to play it safe and not try here either. There are places and times where it can be comedic though, and it depends VERY much on delivery.
    I agree and am sure in certain situations it can be. My issue is more with the idea of it being "exclusively" a comedic term and that someone could be completely oblivious to any other interpretation of the word.
    LordRumfish
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Hrm. I still <3 Jaheira, even if my number of posts without memes is Too Damn High. Apologies. :)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited November 2013

Tr_ond said:

Will my reputation go down if I kill him?
    Nope. He's Chaotic Evil
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    GoldenEgg said:

GoldenEgg said:

I agree and am sure in certain situations it can be. My issue is more with the idea of it being "exclusively" a comedic term and that someone could be completely oblivious to any other interpretation of the word.
    If I was to use it for comedic purposes, I would end it with "as" rather than "ers".
    Even better.... "az"
    LordRumfish
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    mlnevese said:

I would just like to remind veryone that the general rules of the forum apply to this thread as well. Use of racism or any other form of discrimination for the sake of humor is not acceptable.

K.

Buttercheese
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I believe @Mungri said everything that needs to be said.
    @Metalloman
    But I am having fun. Oh wait, I am german, germans never have fun.
    (Brace yourselfs, "all germans are nazi's" comments are coming.)
    CrevsDaakjankielbooinyoureyessarevok57
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    Yay, mages finally recognised as a race!

Also, germany? Fourteen years of age.
    @Tsyrith
    Yes, yes and I don't get it.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    there is only one problem with germany, their Frikadellen is rubbish! :P
    @Mrpenfold666
    How dare thee *slaps you with with a glove*.
    Mrpenfold666CrevsDaaksarevok57
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    *shock!* just because the dutch frikadellen is better no need to get jealous :P
    DexterCrevsDaakjankielsarevok57
This discussion has been closed.