Skip to content

Missing Highwatcher Oisig in Temple District (Quest: Investigate and destroy the cult of eyeless)

HeinzTMHeinzTM Member Posts: 1
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
Hey hey,
Got a really annoying bug and i havent found a solution for that.
The first time i walked into the temple district everything was fine. Gall talked to me and shortly after Oisig said i should meet him in the temple of Helm. So far so good but i wanted to do some other things first.

As i came back to the temple of Helm, Oisig was missing. Hes not on the streets, nor in the temple.
Tried to "reset" the quest as good as i could using the "EE Keeper" but nothing worked.

So i thought ok, maybe it gets better when i find Keldorn down in the sewer. But suprisingly hes also not there.

Anyone with a similar problem? Or any solutions that could help me?
Post edited by Illydth on
catch6229

Comments

• RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Just as a data point -- I had no problems with this last night -- talked to Oisig, joined with Keldorn, and in fact am in the middle of that quest. Oisig definitely should be in the temple after he leaves you on the street, unless a script execution got interrupted somehow. (Keldorn won't be in the sewer unless you talk to Oisig in the temple first.) Your best bet is likely to restore before encountering Gaal, unfortunately.
  • Dave90Dave90 Member Posts: 1
    I have this problem as well, watched the scene where Gaal talks to everyone in the streets, Oisig spoke to me afterwards saying I should speak to him inside the temple of helm.

Went inside the temple and he's not there, I spawned him via the console but he has nothing to say to me.

Dunno what to do, have no save point to go back to. (Playing this online with another person).
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    There seems to be two versions of Oisig, the one you want is BHOISIG.CRE (not OISIG.CRE). My best guess is that something went wrong while he was moving from the streets to the temple, and he may be stuck somewhere (or he may have just disappeared).

Regardless, using

CLUAConsole: CreateCreature:("BHOISIG")

should make a new version of him. He'll do his opener dialog of "This must not come to pass" but then he'll hopefully find his way to the temple from there.
    ManchildKart
  • ManchildKartManchildKart Member Posts: 208
    Having the same problem, tried spawning in both BHOISIG.CRE (does the "let's talk in the temple") and OISIG.CRE (does nothing) and both won't talk to me in the Temple of Helm.
  • sivistojkosivistojko Member Posts: 30
    Me too, I'm having the same problem. I was following him immediately after the interaction on the street ended but he wasn't inside the temple when i entered.
  • sivistojkosivistojko Member Posts: 30
    One difference here! I was not approached by the Highwatcher Oisig but by Stormherald Nallabir from the temple of Talos?! Regardless, I cant find him inside the temple.
    Gate70 said:

@ManchildKart @sivistijko Did you start your game with the patch installed or did you start before it was available.
    Thanks

Started before patch.

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421

One difference here! I was not approached by the Highwatcher Oisig but by Stormherald Nallabir from the temple of Talos?! Regardless, I cant find him inside the temple.

Are you an evil cleric? That would do that.
    Found a solution.

It was caused by the Multiple Stronghold mod in BGT. Highwatcher Oisig initially gave me the quest then became unresponsive in the temple. Since I had the mod installed, and am Good, it's supposed to be High Mornwatcher Arval from the Temple of Lathander that gives the quest. So I spawned him in using CLUAConsole: CreateCreature:("BHARVAL") and that fixed it!

I assume the solution to evil players is going to be CLUAConsole: CreateCreature:("BHNALLABIR")
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2013
    @HeinzTM
    @Dave90
    @ManchildKart
    @ivistojko

Marking as Not an Issue. If someone who does not have mods installed still has this issue and can confirm that they've started a new game AFTER the last patch, please re-post to the bug form with a NEW bug report.

Include a saved game, preferably both prior and post talking with Oisig, and what steps you took between being told to meet Olsig in the temple and when you actually tried to talk with him in the temple.
  • GiltinturGiltintur Member Posts: 5
    I have installed the mod before starting the game, and with a LE Kensage, with a high reputation I encountered the problem, and the solution was to create Oisig via the console.
  • maliagantemaliagante Member Posts: 11
    I THOUGHT I had this problem as well. I followed Oisig straight away, as I watched him, but every time I entered behind him, he was no where to be found inside. Consoling him in yielded no luck either.

Then I realized my (understandable) error -- I can only assume it applies to some (or all?) of the others here as well:

Oisig is SHOWN as walking straight into the temple behind him after he tells you to follow. But that is the temple of Lathander, not his own. He is actually at the Temple of Helm, which is one door further back towards the exit of the district.

Perhaps I'm the only one facepalming myself to sleep about this, but if I were you I'd check to see if you're not doing the same... ;)
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243

Found a solution.

It was caused by the Multiple Stronghold mod in BGT. Highwatcher Oisig initially gave me the quest then became unresponsive in the temple. Since I had the mod installed, and am Good, it's supposed to be High Mornwatcher Arval from the Temple of Lathander that gives the quest. So I spawned him in using CLUAConsole: CreateCreature:("BHARVAL") and that fixed it!

I assume the solution to evil players is going to be CLUAConsole: CreateCreature:("BHNALLABIR")

Resurrecting to correct this in case any evil charname has the same problem, it's
    "C:CreateCreature:("BHNALLA")" not "BHNALLABIR".
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353

Found a solution.

I ran into this exact same issue with Multiple strongholds active. And it solved it for me to use the Arval summoning code.
    Just for a quick reference these are the correct summoning codes (without the second ":" that interrupts the line :P):
    For Highwatcher Oisig: CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BHOISIG")
    For High Mornwatcher Arval: CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BHARVAL")
    For Stormherald Nallabir: CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BHNALLABIR")