Skip to content

BGII:EE 1.2.2030 (11-20-2013)

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited November 2013 in Archived News
There's an update for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition for Windows and Mac. As with any update, expect the download speed to be a little slow for a bit while it uploads to our servers.

The big "headliners" here are the memory leaks people reported that caused corruption of saved games, and creature spawns being lost during reload. A full list is below:

Patch 1.2.2030

Performance Improvements

#7036: Memory leaks with ground piles no longer an issue
#6994: Saving the game from the “Quit Game” menu now generates a proper screenshot and portraits for the Load Game screen
#6902: The game UI no longer flashes on screen before starting the game (Black Pits II).
#7047: Pressing the up or down arrows on the Record screen no longer crashes the game.

General Enhancements

#7010: Action icons are now much more clearly active or inactive (active buttons are no longer gray-scaled).
#7011: Multi-class kit names now display correctly in the statistics panel of the Record screen (Jaheira’s classes, for example, now list “Fighter” and “Druid” instead of “Fighter/Druid” and “Fighter/Druid”).
#4605: Creature spawns no longer disappear when loading a saved game.
#6942: Speaking characters now display the white feedback circle under their avatars regardless of the setting in Options > Gameplay > Feedback.
#6991: The Options screen from the main menu now displays the game logo correctly.
#7026: Neera now waits near the entrance to the Hidden Refuge if you refuse to let her join the party in the Wild Forest.
#7032: Neera's "Wooden Horse Necklace" is now properly treated as a magical protection item.
#7048: The blindness effect during the Blinding Sun trial now correctly offers a saving throw.
#7040: The collarbell's deafness effect now wears off properly after resting.
#7046: NPC dialogue loop with Hexxat, Dorn, and Rasaad closed in the Underdark.
#7014: Timmoth's dialogue no longer forms an infinite loop (Black Pits II).
#6955: Bards with the Set Spiked Trap high-level ability may now correctly set the trap. (Requires a new game to take effect if your bard is already at least level 24.)
#7008: Timmoth's dialogue no longer displays "no valid replies or links" after talking about a confrontation with the Winged (Black Pits II)
#7027: Hexxat no longer talks to herself while talking to Haer'Dalis.
#7053: Dorn's patron is no longer mentioned during Bodhi's scene if Dorn has no patron at that point.
#7059: Hexxat no longer teleports away during the Bodhi "kidnapping" sequence.
#7061: Dragomir no longer disappears after resting in another area.
#7062: Dorn no longer repeats his post-sparring romance talk after the player rejects his advances.
#7068: Stannel no longer gives away the ending like a jerk (Black Pits II).
#7071: Hexxat no longer bugs the player to hurry up and get to Dragomir's Tomb...if the player is already there.
#7072: The new (EE) NPCs no longer appear as options in Phaere's dialogue if they are not currently in the party.
#7087: WIlson's claws are now flagged as magical weapons.
#7088: Dennaton no longer transports into the arena by the effects of Striv's Wrangler (Black Pits II).
#6165: Slings and throwing daggers no longer grant a THAC0 bonus from Strength.
#7076: Weapon Mastery (as well as High Mastery and Grand Mastery) now grants the correct (as advertised) bonuses to THAC0, Damage, and APR.
#7097: Fallen Rangers and Dragon Disciples now list their correct class names on the Record screen and in their Kit Descriptions.
Post edited by Dee on
FlashburnAnotherLifeHeindrichJuliusBorisovAdulLeoNegusKurumiankhegMoirageminibruniFina92ErgNoxarmungomunkRythgarParysMessibiggestbossNecdilzorDiscoCatQbertNonnahswriterPibaroraeDawgliciousStoneSwordsenqenqMarkoslaptopman666BearThingCahirVaylorForslingKamigoroshiSchopenhauermjsMadeirapekirtdarrenkuoaqzinaCoryNewbsunset00PaulgWanderonHeasDarksheerSliceofhellStarflower2525Icecreamtubkruugleeho730DreskCrevsDaak

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited November 2013

Patch is LIVE!

We're uploading the patch to our servers right now, for Mac and Windows. It may take a bit for it to be fully available, so if you see fluctuating download speeds, that's why.

Steam will be updated shortly. Thank you all for your patience!
    Post edited by Dee on
    alannahsmithJuliusBorisovQbertSiliconMage
  • FFGFFG Member Posts: 52
    Good work guys. :)
  • NoxarNoxar Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2013
    Does Steam also get the update today?
    Steam too.
    NoxarFaydark
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Good stuff. Thanks team Beamdog.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    The Wooden Horse Necklace fix makes me sad. :(
    hurin_thalion
  • TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    Sweet! Great work.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Wow. You guys have been busy! This is impressive efficiency. I thought it'd be months before the first BG 2 EE patch.
    Sivar
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    I have a question though this is not related to BG2:EE alone; Is there any consideration for BGT-like feature between BG:EE and BG2:EE officially?
    Wandering_Minstrel
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Do we need to start a new game for all of the enhancements to take effect or just for the last one listed (6955)? The reason why I'm asking is because Creature Spawns are still disappearing when I load a saved game.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Mortianna said:

Do we need to start a new game for all of the enhancements to take effect or just for the last one listed (6955)? The reason why I'm asking is because Creature Spawns are still disappearing when I load a saved game.

The patch isn't out yet, or are you talking about the beta version?
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    Awesome to see bug fixing so quickly, great work guys :)

Question: is this the full list for fixes, or are these just the more important ones headlined with other minor ones included? For example, were issues 6125 and 7087 possibly addressed? If so that would be sweet.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The list will be updated when the patch goes live.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    Ah alright, I will wait to see the update then, thank you for the reply
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    #6994: Saving the game from the “Quit Game” menu now generates a proper screenshot and portraits for the Load Game screen

I know this is a BGII topic but this bug happens to me in BG:EE

Is there a link to a fix?
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Messi said:

Mortianna said:

The patch isn't out yet, or are you talking about the beta version?
    Was that for the beta? I assumed the most recent update on the Beamdog client was for BG2EE. I guess that's what I get for not looking. :P

• YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    I'm confused. Is this patch out yet?
    Not yet. I'll post an update when it goes live.
  • SerpionSerpion Member Posts: 67
    Sadly no fix for incorrect HP value at game start :( Starting Black pits with 222 hp isn't interesting.

Anyway, thanks for patch! At least I could start playing in BG II: EE! :)
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    I have incredibly good timing! Time to dive in and see how round two goes :) Thanks again, Dee!
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Yippie!!
  • CaradocCaradoc Member Posts: 92
    Do I need to start a new game for the changes to take effect?

I just exited the dungeon and have only done the gnome illusionist quest. So it wouldn't be too bad to start over.
    Most of the items noted above will affect existing saved games as long as you haven't already encountered the issue they resolve. If your game has already encountered the issue, you'll need to start a new game for the issue to be fixed.

There are some exceptions (the memory leak is fixed for existing saves, for example), but that's a good "rule of thumb".
  • CaradocCaradoc Member Posts: 92
    Ok thanks and btw great job with the patch btw :)

• CastorpCastorp Member Posts: 45
    Nice job!

I don't see any mention of multiplayer in the fixes, does that mean the Black Pits are still unplayable?
    No changes have been made to multiplayer yet, that's correct. We're taking a slightly more deliberate approach to patching in order to keep things stable, so not every issue will be resolved at once.
    Necdilzor
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    Any chance that jason manly portrait pack will be in the next update
    Jairn
  • CastorpCastorp Member Posts: 45
    edited November 2013
    Ok, that's understandable.
    Can we expect the multiplayer patch within the next two weeks?

Any chance that jason manly portrait pack will be in the next update

I can't promise it'll be in the next update, but it's definitely on our to-do list.
This discussion has been closed.