Skip to content

Baldur`s gate MEME Thread * Spoilers all over the place*

1899091929395»

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Thanks @Dee for your intervention, I hope from now on the community will go onward to other AND less flame-causing topics.

@Buttercheese: you were the only one having fun with that, mind this.

@Southpaw: Couldn't we simply slide to another topic, here? If you or anyone still have questions ask us via PM, thanks. :)
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Yes, sorry @Metalloman. It really does not belong here.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Southpaw said:

I don't know what exact word did @Buttercheese write in her (yea...I know, yer a girl girl. we got it) meme, but from the talks I assume it's calling a race that originally stems from Africa?

Being from Europe myself, I have seen this many times, when communicating with people in (mainly) USA.
    You know...racism is all the rage over there, but here? Many Europeans don't really understand that and find all your emotional investment into these things...amusing.
    We don't really have that concept over here as you do. Surely, there are people of different races all mixed up in good Old World, but they are rarely "discriminated". More likely they would be seen as a "different and interesting" by a majority of the population.
    That said...I can understand why she used it and why she thought it's no big deal.

Besides...why to dwell on your race, when we can hate you solely based on your nationality or political orientation?

Eh, what? There's anti-Muslim, anti-Greek, and anti-African sentiment all over Europe. Any place that sees an influx of refugees has people discriminating against the ethnicity of the refugees. Don't try to pretend that Europe is some enlightened haven free of racism.

Alternative translation: Drop the derailed subject that doesn't belong on the forum and is not adding value to even the derailed subject. We get it. Racism = bad. Don't do it. Back to actually humorous and clever, even interesting, memes.

Or, alternatively, people could stop making outrageous, inciting statements.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Doing my best from my desk at work @metalloman
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited November 2013

I bet you guys can guess what quest I'm doing right now...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Man, four pages in one night, 71 notifications :D this thread got a bomb in it.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    This is pretty much what everyone on this den of stinkin' evil said to the moderators on the past four pages:

But seriously.... lets not get this amazing thread closed.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Quartz said:

OK so this is Icewind Dale rather than Baldur's Gate but whatever

Did it! Slathered in cheese. I mirror imaged myself, stoneskinned myself, used the wand of armory, and dropped fireballs and ice storms everywhere!

Move on and post funny meme guys, we don't want this thread closed, won't we?

I do, actually. Every other page somebody says something inflammatory, trollish, or spouts outright bullshit.
    edited November 2013
    Here's my latest contribution.

Really, really funny indeed.

- Metalloman -
    Post edited by Metalloman on
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187

Here's my latest contribution.

I'd be devistated if it closed, but that was hilarious
This discussion has been closed.