Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• GreenpaktoGreenpakto Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2013
    There are really no good "realistic-painted" half-orc pics out there (almost). So I went on a search, which took me about a week :P Eventually I found this. This is for me an INCREDIBLE good HALF-orc portrait (it has that realistic look without becoming a "photo") , and none of the existing ones come close. :) Just thought I should share it!

To me it fits BG like a glove :) (needed some cutting though).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Artist: "Sanchiko" (can be found at deviant art).
    edited November 2013
    I believe these are mostly made from celebrities. The artist calls him/herself "Phaere". These portraits are cropped by me for BG. They were originally made for NWN. I personally think he/she succeded in copying the "colour/lighting" of BG portraits, for example the hands and such.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    edited November 2013
    Foggy said:

@Greenpakto You have good taste, Phaere is quite the star in NWN vault. Thanks for taking the time to edit and share those. Most of NWN portraits are in tga format, but it's worth it to convert some to bmp for BG use.

Thank you, and you to! And I forgot to upload that blackguard one, indeed one of her/his finest!
    Btw, do you have the whole collection from "MiLeah's" now offline site? There are some really good ones that I cant find anymore. Some are scattered around, but some are completely gone from the net... :(
    Would you mind upload the whole set? Maybe in a rar file if there are to many?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Foggy
    Do you have a link to MiLeah's website or Deviantart? The bottom left picture could make a good alt for Yoshimo.

@Foggy
    Do you have a link to MiLeah's website or Deviantart? The bottom left picture could make a good alt for Yoshimo.

Her site is GONE. Deleted from the web. Thats why I asked if he could post all art from her :)
    Her deviant art only holds 2 portraits of her collection of 25 plus portraits.

• FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2013

@Foggy

http://ftg386.deviantart.com/ but you won't find much there: MiLeah took down her site for personal reasons. Sadly since it was acting like a hub for all her portraits they are rare to come by now. I have all the collection but I can only post the Portraits of the Protagonist that were already published - Around 40 portraits that are for BG fans- I fear she's nowhere to be reached now to give permission to post the other portraits. Will get to it after Isandir finish posting his DSotSC updated portraits, because he's a portrait god and should get all the attention.

And Phaere is a she :)
    Foggy said:

And Phaere is a she :)

Ah good to know. Strangely enough, the best portrait painters seem to be girls :O
  • FablewyndFablewynd Member Posts: 79
    @Greenpakto I see Marco Hietala amongst those. I'm sold.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Holy smokes these last couple pages have been stacked! (Also that Anna Kendrick pic is amazing....would love to see it or any pic of her baldurized)
    edited November 2013
    @Greenpakto Keep them coming, and if you happen upon any of Amalthea art on NWN vault, please feel free to share. O and Wycked is also a she, a norwegian lady ;)
    @Fablewynd A fellow Nightwish fan, nice.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @Isandir But of course! In fact, I always figured that Aerie is in fact Quayle under a permanent illusion spell. And I believe braided sideburns would suit 'her'. :P
    edited November 2013
    Foggy said:

@Greenpakto Keep them coming, and if you happen upon any of Amalthea art on NWN vault, please feel free to share. O and Wycked is also a she, a norwegian lady ;)
    @Fablewynd A fellow Nightwish fan, nice.

I should have guessed it was a girl ;)

--------

@Isandir: That is one epic portrait, love the hand and sword (and the face recieved a major upgrade)! There is one flaw I can see though, being a perfectionist and all, the armour shoulder is not quite aligned to the right of the sword, compared to the left side of the sword. It looks a little weird. As if it is two different pieces meshed together.
    Not sure you see what I mean? Cause I explain shitty :P
    Anyway, hope to see more, the portraits are beginning to look more and more like BG style (though actually some are closer to bg2 style)! :D
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

I believe these are mostly made from celebrities.

I've always liked this picture, but I've always been convinced that the face was actually a man's (specifically, Ioan Gruffudd of Fantastic Four fame).
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959

@Isandir But of course! In fact, I always figured that Aerie is in fact Quayle under a permanent illusion spell. And I believe braided sideburns would suit 'her'. :P

@Kamigoroshi
    *Mind Blown*... Omg! What has Charname done!! The HORROR!!

• AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    I just made myself a Tiefling this time! Haven't decided what to play him as yet, though.

• ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220
    Well.. getting back after not playing for a while.. using custom portraits for all the old NPCs... but don't have one for Branwen and she's kinda sticking out a bit here. Anyone have any suggestions? The pic is to give an idea of the type of portraits I go for.

• GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @Isandir The differences are astonishing and good. Keep up the good work.
    @Isandir, I love your work! A question though: I take it you intentionally aim for the more glossy style of BG1 rather than the (quite criticized) pastel BG2 style?

Well.. getting back after not playing for a while.. using custom portraits for all the old NPCs... but don't have one for Branwen and she's kinda sticking out a bit here. Anyone have any suggestions? The pic is to give an idea of the type of portraits I go for.

How about these:

• RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    edited November 2013
    Astafas said:

How about these:

wow she is pretty :) that is one nice pic

makes me wish Branwen was in BG2 now :(
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    @Isandir I'm not really sold on Thorfinn's pose. He's holding his sword like one would hold a knife. I understand you wanted to show the hand on the picture instead of just the blade alone, but it looks awkward to me.
    Astafas said:

I was a bit surprised by the lack of enthusiasm on this thread for my new Tiefling

Now us dudes we can't click like on the self portrait of another guy, can we :) , now Neera on the other hand.. Still, great tiefling portrait. Keep posting!
  • DeltaslayerDeltaslayer Member Posts: 49
    That Neera portrait is awesome, but I honestly didn't like the new eye you gave her. I think the original one would make it perfect.
This discussion has been closed.