Skip to content

What Android devices should we prioritize our development for?

12345679»

Comments

• DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    I'm on my third different phone and second tablet since we were told Android was just around the corner....
    So if this project isn't dead in the water, I'd throw a vote in the ring for the new Nexus 7 (now running a Snapdragon 600 instead of a Tegra 3).
  • NiltNilt Member Posts: 4

I'm on my third different phone and second tablet since we were told Android was just around the corner....
    So if this project isn't dead in the water, I'd throw a vote in the ring for the new Nexus 7 (now running a Snapdragon 600 instead of a Tegra 3).

Heh, yeah. I'm now on the Nexus 4 for phone, which I'd never personally use for games. I have a 2013 model Nexus 7 (32GB, WiFi only) and an Asus Transformer Infinity (TF701) which is truly stunning as far as screen quality. I use it regularly with a mouse and can't wait to try BG on it. Theoretically. :/
  • asomicaitasomicait Member Posts: 1
    I have lots of different Android platforms: Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Slatebook x2, etc.

One thing all of the non-Nexus platforms have in common is a shortage of space on the internal SD card while the add-ons SD-cards are relatively empty.

So including an option to move your content and saved games to an arbitrary folder would be a big feature for many Android platforms.
    o2mike
  • fazer1000fazer1000 Member Posts: 1
    Will it work on 2nd gen nexus 7?
  • Huskarl2006Huskarl2006 Member Posts: 21
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition support would be nice.
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    Android. Period...
    sepotter
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    @etotheo,
    Agreed!
    Looks like they are doing what they can though, on 21 OCT Trent tweeted this:

saying:
    @frodesky We're still sorting out the plan. With PVTC (PowerVR), DXTC (NVidia) and adding ASTC (Mali), we should cover most devices.

So that's good.
  • april86april86 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a galaxy tab 3! It was the best deal I saw ★★
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...there should be an option to re-vote on polls on issues that take more than a device's turnaround time in real life. I originally voted for a device that is (after ~ 2-3 years) slowly going to hell and by the time BGEE comes out for Android (3rd Quarter 2014), I will surely have another one.
    ChetShogun_Named_MarcusDarksheerCrevsDaak
  • AckillesAckilles Member Posts: 6
    Southpaw said:

...there should be an option to re-vote on polls on issues that take more than a device's turnaround time in real life. I originally voted for a device that is (after ~ 2-3 years) slowly going to hell and by the time BGEE comes out for Android (3rd Quarter 2014), I will surely have another one.

LOL! I agree though I can't believe it. I'm still holding out hope that my Nexus 7 vote will still be good though. If I upgrade in the new year it will probably be to the new Nexus 7 so there "shouldn't" be any issues game wise.
  • giantyakgiantyak Member Posts: 5
    sepotter said:

I want it for "Asus Transformer TF101"

Yeah, support for the asus 10inch tf101 would be awesome. It is a tegra 2 device. Other then that TF700 would be good. Its also 10inch.
    I would not prioritise for 7 inch devices personally as they *are* too small.
  • Davolas46Davolas46 Member Posts: 1
    I have an Asus Nexus 7, I would love to see it on that, I'm sold on 1,2 and Icewind Dale if you guys decide to do those too.
  • Mystic1987Mystic1987 Member Posts: 26
    Icewind would be cool. So would NWN.
  • o2mikeo2mike Member Posts: 5
    PowerVR, Mali and NVIDIA, fine, but what about Adreno chips, found in the Qualcom Snapdragons which are so common this season (Nexus 7 2013)?
    shifted
  • MastikkMastikk Member Posts: 10
    Asus TF301T thank you very much.
  • MasquamacusMasquamacus Member Posts: 1
    Motorola Moto G :)
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    Nook HD+
  • AshramAshram Member Posts: 4
    Nexus 10 please!
    matthileoAron740
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    Hard to believe that this thread is still going after so long. I originally voted for my Nexus 7, which I still have, but when I do upgrade it later in the year, It will probably be to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
  • RiboRibo Member Posts: 1
    Signed up just to ask. Any chance of a Kindle Fire HDX port?

I got one for Christmas and this would be a great way to game when I'm out and about. It's usually the red headed stepchild of the games I want to play so I'm holding my breath. Of course if it doesn't happen I'll probably get it for the PC but I really need a good RPG I can travel with.
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    Ribo said:

Signed up just to ask. Any chance of a Kindle Fire HDX port?

I got one for Christmas and this would be a great way to game when I'm out and about. It's usually the red headed stepchild of the games I want to play so I'm holding my breath. Of course if it doesn't happen I'll probably get it for the PC but I really need a good RPG I can travel with.

@Ribo Have a look through the Road to Android in the News section of the forum. Looks like it is working fine for your device.
  • djseemanndjseemann Member Posts: 10
    Galaxy Note 3 please
    Darksheer
  • medullanmedullan Member Posts: 3
    You should add next book to the list. It is the inexpensive android tablet available at Walmart, and thus a great number of consumers will have one of those. I am using the 8" version and the videos will not load properly, works great otherwise.
  • jonasnichollsjonasnicholls Member Posts: 7
    Intel papyre pad 1010
  • ijustwantitonkindleijustwantitonkindle Member Posts: 4
    Put it on kindle please i dont know if it would be THAT hard
  • rjspringrjspring Member Posts: 3
    I have a transformer infinity, but will be in the market for a Nexus 10 after the transformer dies