Skip to content

Do you think the Isometric style for Baldur's Gate III should look like Dungeon Seige III?

I like how Dungeon Siege III did their isometric style and the character animations and weapons looked great, I am wondering if Baldur's Gate III will take the approach. Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I think Baldur's Gate III should be isometric 2D.

I like the look of BG2:EE and would gladly play another 500-hours game with the similar graphics. The story, the dialogs, the quests, the NPCs are MUCH more important than graphics. In the same time I simply adore BG2 graphics and don't want it to be changed just because I see it ideal.

Yeah, I like to be old-school.

P.S. Project Eternity looks wonderful and quite old-schoolish. I like the look of it much more than the look of Dungeon Siege III.

KurumiCutlassJackGemHound
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    I have only played dungeon siege 1 and wrote a two word review of it back in the day, very similar to the review of spinal tap's "shark sandwich" review. I agree we should look upon dungeon siege as what to avoid rather than imitate.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    It should look like Project Eternity. Which is specifically going for a modern take on the BG style.

Nothing should ever take look at Dungeon Siege III for inspiration. Especially not other Dungeon Siege games. :P
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    edited November 2013
    I very nearly purchased DSIII when I realized that it was developed by Obsidian, but I'm glad I read the reviews first, that it was essentially a console game that had been awkwardly ported over to PC, and therefore played awkwardly on the PC. No thanks.

I have been saying for a while here that the PE style is what we want, though I'm doubtful that a major publisher will support this style. So that's why I also preach for a crowd-funded BG3 that isn't actually called BG3.