Skip to content

Am I Evil...? Yes I Am!

Feel free to hum the Diamond Head song as you read this, or play the Metallica remake (not because it's particularly relevant, but because it majorly kicks ass).

At any rate, I have been playing Baldur's Gate since it was first released, as I've mentioned numerous times around here. The thing is, with all of my playthroughs, which number too many to recount, I have ALWAYS played as a goody two shoes. Keldorn, Anomen, and Ajantis have been staple party members. The good path has always felt... "right".

But now that I'm well into chapter 3 of BG2:EE with an evil party that started its adventure in Candlekeep, I am enjoying this far more than I ever thought possible. Additions like Dorn and Hexxat certainly have helped to that end.

I'm done telling people that playing good is the most rewarding path. Not necessarily, and in many cases, actually not true. I think going forward I will be just as likely to go evil as go good.

So when asked, am I evil... in my current state of mind, yes I f%^$in' am is the best response I can give!!

Has EE influenced any other fallen Paladins among us? If so, I have one more offering to help you seal the deal:

Enjoy! And for those in the US, have an EVIL Thanksgiving!!! May the slaughter be abundant. The throne of Blood awaits! :)
EudaemoniumNonnahswriterbooinyoureyesKamigoroshionanMetallomanMortiannasarevok57

Comments

• SharShar Member Posts: 158
    Metallica? Evil? Because they're sell outs or something? :)

Nah but i hated good from the start because a lot of it is...well almost intellectually impaired. I mostly go neutral or lawful evil.
    DinsdalePiranha
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    The addition of Dorn made me want to play an evil run. My inner evil deity took one look at that dark badass and went "I want him. Put me in this game. NOW." And I, being the ever helpless writer/gamer/roleplayer could only roll over like an obedient dog and whine "Fiiiiine..."

By the end of my evil run, I had a blast killing everything with skull traps, taking my vengeance against anyone who was ever rude to me or got in the way, and threw back my head to laugh at the sky one too many times for my own good. Can't wait for BG2 and all the roleplaying options for evil (I've been holding off until December for personal reasons). I'll actually get to use the Slayer guilt-free for once! And...you know...kill everything with skull traps.

I don't have a problem. Really. >_>;;
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited November 2013
    While we are at it: This song is called "Pure Evil"

KamigoroshiMetallomanMortianna
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You'll get to use the Slayer guilt-free if they actually fix it so you can use it by the time you play XP
    The_New_Romance
    Pure Evil doent have to be metallic :)

booinyoureyesMortianna
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    no sorry I still walk the righteous path

ive just always liked the story more from a good/neutral perspective being evil just feels like it removes most of the interesting dynamics within it and makes it pretty boring to me

I play evil occasionally but far less then neutral or good
    booinyoureyesAlexisisinneed
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577

You'll get to use the Slayer guilt-free if they actually fix it so you can use it by the time you play XP

What's wrong with the Slayer?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @marceror: It vanishes completely after the first time you use it. Like, completely and utterly, erased from your character sheet and everything.
    Nonnahswriter
    Ouch! Wow, that's a nasty bug. Hopefully it will be addressed post-haste.
    Eudaemonium

@marceror: It vanishes completely after the first time you use it. Like, completely and utterly, erased from your character sheet and everything.

Wow, you know when they're going to fix it? I'm planning a weekend of hardcore bg2 metagaming after i spent past 2 weekends rounding up my BG1 char.

element said:

no sorry I still walk the righteous path

ive just always liked the story more from a good/neutral perspective being evil just feels like it removes most of the interesting dynamics within it and makes it pretty boring to me

I play evil occasionally but far less then neutral or good

I agree wholeheartedly... but I love Iced Earth
    element
    I would have agreed with that before EE. But then there was Dorn... and Hexxat. I blame Beamdog for my fall into depravity. :P
    elementEudaemoniumbooinyoureyes
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    that's how it happens they lure you to the dark side with new npcs and enhanced editions they are cunning

ill give evil a shot at some point to see Dorn's content, still not sure about Hexxat but ill maybe give her another go and see if I feel any differently

• AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Sadly no it has never corrupted me. I like playing good mainly because I like the idea of a hero taking the darkness within him/herself and using for good.

But my first complete evil playthrough of bg1 was of a blackguard. But the thing was no one could really tell that she was evil because she pretended to be a goody too shoe paladin unless you were an idiot and got on her nerves
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577

About 2:45 in when the chanting starts, is totally Conan!

Also, check out the video for thunderhorse. Makes me want to look into making a Dethklok mod ;)

I'm not going to post a link for that, since the video is totally NSFW, but it is awesome.
    KamigoroshiMortianna
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    I prefer good, but I understand the appeal of evil. It's not really that evil characters are more complex... most of them aren't complicated at all (Dorn and Korgan definitely aren't). But what they do tend to always have is a total lack of inhibition. They seem able to just be able to say and do whatever the hell they want, and somehow can get away with it. No one could do that in real life; you'd be excluded from everything, arrested, beaten up, and probably killed yourself. But in a game or story, you can just go to hell with it.
  • TaevikTaevik Member Posts: 38
    Neutral all the way. Never really saw the appeal in playing good OR evil.
  • OcculusXOcculusX Member Posts: 99
    Never really understood Jaheira's concept of "balance".

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Truly, the songs in this thread are ambrosia!

Mortiannabooinyoureyes
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Since we're on the Evil and metal theme, here's a classic from Mercyful Fate.

KamigoroshiAristillius
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Playin' an Evil run right now! ;)

_\,,/ /'O'\ \,,/_

MortiannaKamigoroshi
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Evil has classic roots...

Men in tights... Not sure you can get more evil... Unless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AdIpoE2LEps

Shar
    My next Black Pits party is going to be the latest lineup of Iron Maiden
    KidCarnivaljackjack
    Huh evil and no Hell March?

Dibs on Kiss
    booinyoureyes
    Shar said:

Dibs on Kiss
    Nice!
    I think Iron Maiden works well. Lets see...6 band members.... 6 spots in the party...