Skip to content

Need a new Cleric

EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
Just starting out ToB and have come to a point where Viconia and Rasaad are no longer compatible. As much as I hate to give her up she has to go. I need help deciding who will replace her.. I'm considering Druids also
  1. Need a new Cleric123 votes
    1. Aerie
      30.89%
    2. Anomen
      34.96%
    3. Cernd
        7.32%
    4. Jaheira
      26.83%

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Does Rasaad have a conflict with Viconia in ToB?
  • DeltaslayerDeltaslayer Member Posts: 49
    Aerie is also great.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    And I hate him.
    Aron740
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Jaheira is a safe pick.
    Is this Success!Anomen or Failure!Anomen?
    Dragonspear
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Jaheira should do the job nicely - no conflicts with anyone, her Fighter levels make her useful on the front lines if you need her there, and Druid spells like Insect Plague can be pretty effective.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Jaheira is a powerhouse with HLAs.
    booinyoureyes
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813

Sadly yes

pedrorq
    I mean it makes logical sense, I just hadn't heard about it. Does it only occur if you take her on his quest or is it just in general?
  • zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    Cernd is a spell powerhouse with 18 wisdom and being a druid.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Give Aerie the Robes of Vecna and she becomes awesome.
    booinyoureyesDragonspear
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Based on my assumption that you play a mainly good party (you kick Viconia and not Rasaad, so I guess you lean good) and therefore this would be Success!Anomen.

I mean it makes logical sense, I just hadn't heard about it. Does it only occur if you take her on his quest or is it just in general?

It happens when you go to the 'Clearing' section on the world map. You get ambushed by some people looking to kill Rasaad and you are forced to either pick Rasaad or Viconia

Eudaemonium
  • bman86bman86 Member Posts: 115
    Jaheira can fight, has harper's call and a nice selection of druidic spells
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Anomnomnomen!!!

It happens when you go to the 'Clearing' section on the world map. You get ambushed by some people looking to kill Rasaad and you are forced to either pick Rasaad or Viconia

Interesting. I guess I won't be doing Rasaad's quest in ToB, then. Unless I ditch Viconia first for a bit. I kinda wanted some of the items too…

Also you answered 'sadly yes' to an either/or question. I know you might be a tiefling bard, but that seems a bit too zen. XD
    MarkyQuartzPantalionKidCarnival
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    edited November 2013
    shawne said:

Does Rasaad have a conflict with Viconia in ToB?

Well, realistically it was either that or start a sitcom together: "He worships Selune! She worships Shar! But now they're stuck living together in the wilderness!" :)
    It's logical of course, but ToB seemed to had an "unwritten" law that partymembers wont leave or fight each other regardless of reputation, alignment of even belief. I am sorry if it's no longer true.
    kamuizin
    Well I chose Anomen but I might swap him around with Cernd later on. Never really used the high level druid spells so that has lots of appeal :)

Thanks for voting

Also what does Jaheira's 'Harpers Call' do exactly?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013

Well I chose Anomen but I might swap him around with Cernd later on. Never really used the high level druid spells so that has lots of appeal :)

Thanks for voting

Its just a raise dead spell except she gets hurt when she uses it and the person who is raised has -5 to every stat after they are raised (the negative to stats lasts 1 minute).
    EudaemoniumMontresor_SP
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546

Thanks for voting

Harper's Call (Necromancy)
    Level: 5
    Sphere: Necromantic
    Range: Sight of the caster
    Duration: Permanent
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Area of Effect: 1 person
    Saving Throw: Special

This spell is only available to Harpers. The Harper's Call restores a comrade to life, to further service the cause of the Harpers. This spell functions similar to Raise Dead, with the following exceptions. The Harper must transfer a small portion of her life essence (10 hit points) to successfully raise the deceased person. In addition, the person has but 1 hit point when raised and must regain the rest by natural healing or curative magic. Lastly, the raised person suffers a -5 penalty to all ability scores for one minute, making this spell virtually useless in combat.
    EudaemoniumReadingRambo
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180

If you start ToB w/o bringing Anomen from SoA, he is neutral Anomen. Sadly, he lacks the quality of both success and failure Anomen.
    Eudaemonium
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Aerie. Spell Trigger + Cleric buffs. 'Nuff said.
    SchneidendDragonspear
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @GamingFreak is right. Aerie is a little lame in early-to-mid SoA, but ToB allows hilarity like Chain Contingency with three Mass Cure Light Wounds.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    I almost always run with Aerie in my party unless I'm trying for a specifically balanced party. She meshes well and the sheer amount of spells she gets lets her switch roles on the fly.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    anomen and jaheira are really good figther/healers
    aerie is really cool mage + healing making this almost powergaming level combo character in tob

so it really depend on your party
  • RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
    edited November 2013
    Not sure if I remember this correctly, but wasn't viconia the one NPC where you could actually shift her alignment?

edit: wow nice typo
    Post edited by RazaDelrom on

Not sure if I remember this correctly, but wasn't victory the one NPC where you could actually shift her alignment?

Not quite.

You can turn Sarevok Chaotic Good

Viconia's alignment could shift, however, to True Neutral. She still worships Shar, however, which is presumably the central issue she has with Rasaad's quest, since he's usually fighting Shar worshippers. She will go along with most of his SoA quest.

Except the end, where if you determine to fight the Sharrans she will leave your party. If you are trying to escape and fight them anyway she will stick with you.

RazaDelrombooinyoureyes
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Quick Question:
    Why does everyone call Anomen "Anomnomnomen"?
    CrevsDaakFafnirlolien
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'd go with Anomen.