Skip to content

Mr. Pennyway's Cosmetic Changes

Comments

• PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    @AOSaw: since there have been a lot of revision on this thread, I was wondering what zip-file contains the most recent versions of everything? Has the first post continuously been updated?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The first post contains the most current versions of everything.
  • AriokhAriokh Member Posts: 2
    Great mod. Thanks!
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    edited April 2013
    Dear Santa, here is my wishlist...

I really love the arch magi robes, but could we have colorless versions? I often have Xzar as cleric and Edwin as mage. If I use the revised evil arch magi robes or not - Xzar ends up looking like santa with the red and his necromancy green (or like Edwin with a helm, if I match the clothing colors with the robe). From the visual alone, I'd keep him in the revised adventurer robe forever so he can be green/purple.

Same with Dorn - I love that he's an actual BLACKguard... until he gets better armor and turns into a silver- or goldguard again. Black/no color Full Plate, Ankheg Plate or Plate Mail +3 would be awesome.

Forgot to tag, @Eudaemonium
    Post edited by KidCarnival on
    @KidCarnival
    The revised archmage robes change your character's clothing colors too while worn, so Xzar should be wearing black and red while wearing them.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Yep, that's exactly the problem... I want Xzar to stay green/purple, and Edwin to be red/black (or red/gold). If I use the revised robe, both look the same. If I use the regular robe, Xzar looks like santa.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    It would be really nice to have a 'use own colours' version of the Archmage robes, so Xzar stays Green and Edwin stays Red.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited May 2013
    Really nice work, sir. Thanks !
    I hope you'll do the same for BG2EE :)
    BG2's a bit more ambitious, due to the sheer number of creatures running around. But I might give it a whirl.

I will say that the item files are named the same, so you can drop the cosmetic changes (minus the .cre files) into BG2EE when it's released, and it should work fine.
    Really good to know. Thanks again :)
  • JimstromJimstrom Member Posts: 99
    I'm all for Cosmetic changes in Baldur's Gate, and your mod seems very nice, however, i mainly use BG TUTU, and i wonder if this mod is compatible with TUTU?
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    no weidu, no install.

If you want to list out the changes made (in a very specific fashion), I'll even make it for you. This is relatively simple to do as a patcher (just altering a few bytes for files that meet certain criteria), so that it doesn't conflict with other mods.

Also... Maybe I'm missing something, but the initial post is by a moderator, but all the dialog that seems to be directed at the author is referencing someone who got banned?
    Aosaw was the name I had when I first registered here. when I changed my username to Dee, we created an account named Aosaw and closed it so that there would be no confusion.

Apparently that effort failed. ;)
    Jimstrom said:

I'm all for Cosmetic changes in Baldur's Gate, and your mod seems very nice, however, i mainly use BG TUTU, and i wonder if this mod is compatible with TUTU?

Yes, it should work just fine. I make no guarantees, though; TuTu is funny about some things. :)
    edited October 2013
    I just realized that you are indeed, @Dee, the creator of this mod.
    That's cool for two reasons :

- seems every modder is joining your team, or most devs on the team are beginning to mod something. That's nice.

- i now see the coolness of the new colors the beta added to the kits, when you take your mod in the equation. i guess your mod must be quite popular in the dev's team , right ? :)

Also, just to be sure : the new "armor component" of the mod is only for non magical items, right ? So a magical helmet, for example, will change your colors just like the archmage robes do ?
    edited October 2013
    That's correct; it's strictly an override-swap for the non-magical armor pieces in the game (except for Splint Mail and Studded Leather and Hide).

(And Pennyway is my last name; hence the name of the mod. :D )
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I have to admit, that my warcleric looks awesome using all dark colors for his armor. Too bad the magical armors in the game don't look as cool and make you look uglier :/

Very good mod.

Have you considered implementing a way in-game to change the colors of an armor? I think this would be awesome, since i haven't been able to find an armor that looks cooler than the colors you used for Dorn, for example.

Should i put that to feature requests? Or is it unnecessary? :p
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    @Dee, is this compatible for BG2EE?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I noticed that the Full Plate Mail still has fixed colours, unlike the Plate Armor for example. It would be nice to see Dorn clad in black again at the end of BG:EE.

imageimage
    Itomon said:

@Dee, is this compatible for BG2EE?

Potentially. The color changes will work, but it might screw up the item descriptions and names.
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013

I noticed that the Full Plate Mail still has fixed colours, unlike the Plate Armor for example. It would be nice to see Dorn clad in black again at the end of BG:EE.

@Dee
    Agreed with this. Would it be possible to add Full Plate to the modded files, if it isn't too much trouble?
    Possible, yes. I don't think I will, though; at least not immediately. The trouble with making them the same is that you have no way to see which armor you're wearing.

That's why, for the moment, it's only the 01 armor of each type (Leat01, Chan01, Plat01).
    @Dee That's a fair point.
    I think I'll try tinkering with them myself then. I could use the practice anyway.
    I fully encourage that. :)

The lines you're looking for are Color Effects at the bottom of the item in Near Infinity. Change or remove them at your discretion.
    Time to turn Dorn's fullplate pink and blame Imoen for it.
    edited November 2013
    UPDATE: My attempt was a success, thanks to @Dee 's directions. Here's the altered Fullplate with color effects removed.

It's like a brand new world has been revealed to me. I think I'll play around with NI a bit more.
  • DrakeEBDrakeEB Member Posts: 20
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/26159-rupert-the-dye-merchant-v211/

I use to use this mod to change color of all armors ect. Wonder if it would still work with the EE versions.
  • Milosz006Milosz006 Member Posts: 10
    is there any chance I can get a version of the "all the armor" mod that also has the magical items stripped of their colors?
  • Milosz006Milosz006 Member Posts: 10
    Milosz006 said:

is there any chance I can get a version of the "all the armor" mod that also has the magical items stripped of their colors?

actually I just did this myself with Near Infinity :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Thank you so much, @Milosz006‌ ! Those who use this mod will appreciate your addition greatly! There're MUCH more magical items than non-magical ones in the game, so now it's simply superb!