Skip to content

Need a new Cleric

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    edited December 2013
    kamuizin said:

Dual class with previous fighter class level 4:

@SharGuidesMyHand, never liked mazzy much, her stats aren't too problematic but neither she excel in anything. 18 dex means a decent AC and 16 con give her a decent hp pool. 15 Str can be solved with Strengh buff items as the girdles of giant, ogre gloves and to end being a halfling the saves are a bit better than the average...

BUT 5 proficiency points in short sword really fuck the character.

Erm Anomen is fighter 7, isn't he?

And small correction, Mazzy has 5 point in short bow and 1 in short sword. It's actually a pretty good combo because with the Tuigan bow she has nearly max APR right from the beginning. Later on I like to put points in war hammers and give her Crom Faeyr with Kundane.
    elminster
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Mazzy profs depends on how late into the game you get her :)
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147

Just starting out ToB and have come to a point where Viconia and Rasaad are no longer compatible. As much as I hate to give her up she has to go. I need help deciding who will replace her.. I'm considering Druids also

Oh god, this happens!? Looks like Rasaad's going to find his head caved in... It's a pitty, I liked him.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I love Anomen as a cleric, and I think MOST of the hate revolves around him being the only female romance option at the time of the original game release.

And that romance, well my paladin spent most of it calling him out. He is arrogant and misogynistic to the max for most of it.

As a tanky cleric though I loved him, and outside of a romance I think he'd be ok ish.
    booinyoureyes
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    I totally agree with @kamuizin. If you know what you're doing, Anomen is one of the best NPC:s in the game. Five pips in slings with strength bonus, for example. Loads of HP:s, FoA and a good shield. The possibilities are endless, he's a mashine of destruction.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

I love Anomen as a cleric, and I think MOST of the hate revolves around him being the only female romance option at the time of the original game release.

And that romance, well my paladin spent most of it calling him out. He is arrogant and misogynistic to the max for most of it.

As a tanky cleric though I loved him, and outside of a romance I think he'd be ok ish.

My Undead Hunter (With your portrait) did the same :D

Her name was Buffy so it made sense :p
    DragonspearelminsterSCARY_WIZARDCrevsDaak
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I think everybody who played a female Charname back in the old days use @Dragonspear's portrait. I did (though as a Fighter/Mage, in my case)
    booinyoureyesSCARY_WIZARDCrevsDaakAcridSyphilis
    edited December 2013
    Ya the in game one has red hair, I found this one when the forums opened and preferred the blonde to match me.

That said I played a cavalier. I want to do it again since when I played my Cav last time I was using Gatekeeper/Shadowkeeper and changing weapon proficiencies often due to my screwy party makeup.

Side Note: I still use this portrait for most of my female fighter type characters (the only times I do something different are my blade who uses the new female portrait in all black with a crossbow on her back, I use shar-teel's portrait for my dwarven wizard slayer and I use the default female portrait for my female elven archer.)
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaak
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, for fighter-types. I stole Jaheira and Edwin's BG1 portrait for every spell caster, Kivan's for every male ranger, and the second portrait of the guy in plate male for any male fighter/paladin type.

Side Note: I still use this portrait for most of my female fighter type characters (the only times I do something different are my blade who uses the new female portrait in all black with a crossbow on her back, I use shar-teel's portrait for my dwarven wizard slayer and I use the default female portrait for my female elven archer.)

I really really like the new BGEE female portraits. The one in the black head silk cloak and the somehow super sexy barbarian-type especially
    @Booinyoureyes

That is my assassin/blade portrait (the black head silk cloak)
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaak
    edited December 2013

@Booinyoureyes

That is my assassin/blade portrait (the black head silk cloak)

When you meet Eldoth: *o*
    edited December 2013
    I happily ignored him.

Or more to the point I didn't even talk to him. I already have a full party (Dorn, Korgain, Viconia, Shar-teel dualed to thief and Edwin.)
    I know, but that would still be his reaction. If he comes on too strong have him pay a visit to the ankheg farm without any weapons.
    @Booinyoureyes

That's what Varsconia is for........ankhegs take too long when I can just behead him myself.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Incorrect. Eldoth is now with Dorn. I must know, I am Eldoth Kron, Bhaalspawn.
    booinyoureyesEudaemoniumjackjackCrevsDaak
    I always use the ridiculous-looking default female elf with the ridiculous hat. I don't know why, but I just love how silly it looks, like she's a baker or something.
    Tsyrithbooinyoureyesjackjack
    @nano
    I like that one for a half-elf bard. I just pretend its a silly costume :p
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

I mean it makes logical sense, I just hadn't heard about it. Does it only occur if you take her on his quest or is it just in general?

It happens when you go to the 'Clearing' section on the world map. You get ambushed by some people looking to kill Rasaad and you are forced to either pick Rasaad or Viconia

Interesting. I guess I won't be doing Rasaad's quest in ToB, then. Unless I ditch Viconia first for a bit. I kinda wanted some of the items too…

Also you answered 'sadly yes' to an either/or question. I know you might be a tiefling bard, but that seems a bit too zen. XD
    I'm a few days late and only read the first page, but if you kill Viconia before the scene she will be incapable of interjecting and leaving :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Cunning… But Elminster also said that she doesn't necessarily leave, so I will see if it occurs. That said I find ToB so intolerably boring its on hold until Ascension comes out, so it might be a while...
  • forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    I actually just booted her from my party in the pocket plane before the ambush. Then I picked her back up afterward and all was good. I just couldn't stand getting rid of her that far into the game. :) It requires some metagaming, but it worked.
  • podpity_joepodpity_joe Member Posts: 21
    Viconia doesnt have to go. Choosing the right dialogue option in the clearing ambush solves the issue.
    Eudaemonium
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Anomen is a nice fighter too, and in ToB fighter are very need if you are good.
    [spoiler=Throne of Bhaal]
    Unless you turn Sarevok into Chaotic Good.
    [/spoiler]
    And he can give himself nice buffs and has a killer APR if you put all his proficiency points in ONE weapon.
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 133
    If you are looking for a replacement for Vico with skill set like Vico, simply put it has to be Anomen of the 4. In TOB I'd go with Cernd tbh, simply because I love druids and in TOB their skillset is just awesome specially with Elemental princes which are IMO better then Deva's
    @Duron

I think it depends fully on what role you're looking to have them play. Come ToB, especially if you dump all your proficiencies in 1 weapon, Anomen becomes a beast of a tank character, rivaled only by a PC fighter/cleric or ranger/cleric.

Yes he doesn't get iron skins, but I'm fairly certain you can make him a GM in Flails, he gets DuHM, Blade Barrier, Curtain of Steel (I think that's their epic level version of blade barrier), etc. If anything I'd be worried about sending other melee in near him because you're own melee might get chunked in the process.

That said I've never ran a druid in ToB (Or SoA.......or really BG in general, Jaheria never seems to last long because her limited early spell selection drives me crazy), so I do have a confirmation bias here.
    @Dragonspear You should give Jaheira a chance, she's pretty boss in BG2 and not at all the sad excuse for a cleric she was in BG1. The HLA selection alone is something to look forward to.
    jackjack
    @nano

I actually finally just broke down and plan on fully running a canon party with a dwarven fighter/cleric.

I currently have her in a party with the rest of the canon group on my archer, but I'm finding her lack of priest spells rather irritating. I think my archer might use either brawen or viconia soon. The F/C is going to use the canon party the entire time.

Minsc, Dynaheir, Khalid, Imoen, Jaheria in BG1
    Minsc, Jaheria, Imoen, Aerie (for Minsc's witch), Haer'dalis (since Aerie really sends us to save him) in BG2. I might replace HD with Mr. ToB once I get there, as I hear he an Imoen really make ToB shine, but I can't bring myself to slight Minsc or Jaheria who will have been with Super Dwarf (TM) for the entire run.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Jaheira's lack of spells hurts a bit in BG1, but her spells numbers aren't all that bad in BG2; she at least gets more than Aerie at the same level, though Aerie uses the cleric list which makes her better in *that* regard. Jaheira is overall a good character, and probably one of my favorite characters in general. Though I like Aerie even more than Jaheira so Aerie wins out.

And Jaheira can't use Time Stop + Harm :O
    @GamingFreak

My issue is less with the amount of spells she can cast, and more her extremely limited early spell pool to choose from as you mention. The level 1 and level 2 druidic spells are very poor in comparison to their cleric counterparts. That is the reason I decided to make a fighter/cleric to round out the party. That gives me plenty of divine spells (cleric and druid spells from PC and Jaheria in BG1, cleric (with 21 wisdom no less), druid and backup cleric spells in BG2, and the odd minsc spell I guess) and arcane spells (Dynaheir if/when xzar and jaheria ever go at it and then Imoen dualed at 7 in BG1, followed by Nalia/Imoen, Aerie and Haer'dalis in BG2)
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Well she gets significantly better mid-way through SoA when you can get her into heavy armors + iron skins, then even later on in the game when you get more proficiency points to spread around to make her how you choose, and finally with her HLA's she becomes one of the more devastating characters due to her different spell + Ability combos she can use, like Fire Seeds + Greater Deathblow or Critical Hit + Harm, among other amusing combos that come with being multi-classed.