Skip to content

Drizzt doesn't feel the pain ...

Well, today i wanted to kill Drizzt and since I went off with a lonely and always well stealthed thief this time I came across the following strange but funny bug:

The script which starts the talk won't fire while you're in stealth so Drizzt will just stay there doing nothing. The Gnolls on the other hand are marked as hostile and will - as long as you are in sight range to them - attack Drizzt.

Just a matter of time till he dies. 6 minutes in total for me.

The solution to this would probably be to make the Gnolls neutral/friendly until you start off the event by talking to Drizzt.

On a side note:

I tell ya, I had to laugh so hard the moment he died XD

Don't know if anyone else who doesn't experienced it by himself finds it funny but I felt like I just have to make a video for it ^^

(Second 20 to 50 is pretty much waiting for the miracle to happen XD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91TB1Lrxl9E

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Oh dear. I'll make a report of this.
  • CeberonCeberon Member Posts: 6
    Before I forget it: After Drizzt dies the Gnolls are just standing around. They're marked as hostile but won't engage (even if you attack them). You can see that behavior in the video as well.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I had the same issue except slightly different.

I sped up Shar-Teel with boots of speed as I was aiming to snipe him to death (I had initially tried the Animate Dead+stealthed person trick - doesn't work any more). I ran around and around in circles with Drizzt chasing me and eventually he got hemmed in by Gnolls.

He ignored them and they eventually killed him. To speed things up I was even able to bring in my entire party to snipe at him too. The Gnolls ignored my entire party - even after Drizzt was killed.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited January 2014
    @Tresset, was this added to the list? It's not on the list of known BG bugs that I can see.

[EDIT] Nevermind, seems it might be down as 7264