Skip to content

#7265 [CORE] - Ust Natha Tavern, Boots of Phasing and cannot save

mahkmahk Member Posts: 20
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
In the drow tavern after winning all the duel's, leaving the area and then returning results in korgan (with boots of phasing) being ported continuously to the duel pit even though there is no combat. Fix was simply to kill him and rez. Returning to tavern afterwards results in same porting action.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited December 2013
    Oh, I think I remember this from the original game. It's the same issue as the battle music being played. There's an invisible creature, one that I think appears to be hostile but does not attack, in the duelling pit during cutscenes. I cannot remember it exactly, but I do recall when casting a detect invisibility spell it would say that something was immune to magic.

I'll test that one out a bit later.

@mahk, I don't suppose you have a save game handy? It would speed up my progress on getting to that area.
    edited December 2013
    @Gate70,

I still need some clarification, though, but that's a great help in getting me to that place.

@mahk, I assume by duelling pit, that means the pit where you first see Lasaonar battling the four other drow.

I've edited the creatures that should normally be there so that they are visible and neutral; see the image below. I have no idea why they are actually there; I assume there is a reason, though. With unedited creatures and wearing the Boots of Phasing, I was almost unable to attack Lasaonar due to being randomly teleported to where one of the creatures (golems, in the image below) are.

If that is not the correct pit, then it is likely something else.
    CrevsDaak
  • mahkmahk Member Posts: 20
    That pit was the correct location. It occurred after I defeated all the duel's and left the tavern and came back in.
  • mahkmahk Member Posts: 20
    luckily I have a save file you can use. I am saved right outside the tavern.
    Reported as #7265. It should also be noted that this issue also prevents saving; I have renamed the title to also include this.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    @Troodon80

It's for the Thieves. They cannot hide during the arena combats because there's always an enemy watching them.
    edited December 2013
    @Pantalion, I can understand/accept that being the explanation here, but if you ask me it seems a bit redundant. A player could just use a Potion of Invisibility—or scroll if a thief has Use Any Item.
    CrevsDaak